PDA

View Full Version : Other What are the rights to detailed insight into community accounts?

mlun
23-04-2014, 20:59
As owner I assume I have a legal right to go to the administrator and see all aspects of the acccounts, herunder specifications such as purchase invoices, bank account statements etc.

Our president/administrator however denies us to take any copies which is the only way to really prove to other own all the illegalities that take place.

I have considered to stop paying community fees to the normal community bank account, but rather pay to a blocked bank account in the communitys name until they comply.

Any thoughts on that, or other suggestions on how to force this through?

junglejim
24-04-2014, 10:10
The community normally appoints internal auditors from the community to oversee and inspect the financial accounts on behalf of the community .
The accounts and files should also be available for inspection at the AGM as well and a statement on the financial aspects of the community and the accounts and budget must be presented and approved at the AGM as far as I am aware .

mlun
24-04-2014, 10:50
The community normally appoints internal auditors from the community to oversee and inspect the financial accounts on behalf of the community .
The accounts and files should also be available for inspection at the AGM as well and a statement on the financial aspects of the community and the accounts and budget must be presented and approved at the AGM as far as I am aware .

We have an internal auditor, who has never seen any piece of the accounts as she is afraid of the president and do not dare to go to the office. I know from previous visit, where we were denied to take photos of documents, that the president takes money from the edificio, pays various things black (for example salaries), and that in general there is no proper documentation for the expenses paid on behalf of the community (everything is paid in cash - no bank transfers). Now we have bought a new elevator for a price of 35,000€, and almost all owners have paid their share in cash, but the community has got it financed from the supplier. But strangely there is no increase in cash or bank deposits after this.

The situation in our edificio is raving insane, and the president gets the powers from many owners via the invitations (we cannot get the owners addresses and we have no post boxes here). The owners give their powers without being able to know what is going on, as all protocols are falsified. Sound probably as simply to change, but we have used a lot of money on socalled lawyers the past years with very little effect. So how to deal with a criminal that makes Putin and Assad look like small innocent schoolboys?

junglejim
24-04-2014, 12:45
PM a member called Rene on here , he is an administrator and he can advise you .

@Rene has given good advice before.
You need the support of other owners to take out a denunciation against the administrator if he will not give you the details of other owners .

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?24578-Thank-you-to-member-Rene-of-Hestria!

fixer
24-04-2014, 13:02
http://www.alteanatura.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=46&Itemid=68 look here

casabonny
24-04-2014, 21:27
You are legally entitled or go to the office of the administrator during normal office hours and demand to see all the invoices etc.You may not take things away but there is nothing to stop you making notes etc.I had a similar problem eventually arranged an appointment at community lawyers office with lawyer, president and treasurer present and they all got in a right mess being unable to answer questions being asked.
Result was we paid for an. External auditor to see accounts via court but they too wrer missing things and in some cases there were only copies of faturas.Its very difficult and you do need as many as possible people to force this issue.