PDA

View Full Version : Utilities Is anyone else having water pressure problems in Pebble Beach?

karinagal
26-04-2014, 12:49
I'm having MAJOR problems with wildly fluctuating water pressure.. I've had a regulator fitted (twice - we thought the first one was faulty) but the pressure keeps rising to way above the 3 bar it is set to and I can't stop my boiler from leaking from the pressure valve.. I'm not alone - a couple of the neighbours that I've spoken to are having the same problem. Anyone else had similar problems?

LUCKY
26-04-2014, 12:59
I'm having MAJOR problems with wildly fluctuating water pressure.. I've had a regulator fitted (twice - we thought the first one was faulty) but the pressure keeps rising to way above the 3 bar it is set to and I can't stop my boiler from leaking from the pressure valve.. I'm not alone - a couple of the neighbours that I've spoken to are having the same problem. Anyone else had similar problems?

We have no problems with water over here in Lower GDS. You do have my sympathy. If it wasn't for bad luck you would have no luck at all . Hope you get the problem sorted :flatcap:

Tom & Sharon
26-04-2014, 14:13

We're just round the corner from you Karina, and ours is totally nuts!

A couple of weeks ago it was up to 9 bar! We've had to have a new boiler, and a major leak from the pipes behind the washer, and turn the water filter off.

karinagal
26-04-2014, 14:15
There's definitely something odd going on... Do you have a regulator on yours?

Tom & Sharon
26-04-2014, 14:18
There's definitely something odd going on... Do you have a regulator on yours?

There is in the basement on the main inlet, but it still regularly goes over.

karinagal
26-04-2014, 14:22
There is in the basement on the main inlet, but it still regularly goes over.

How can that be?!!! The whole idea of the regulator is to LIMIT the pressure and stop it going over the preset amount!! I've already had my regulator replaced as I had assumed it must be faulty but its replacement is doing the same...!!!! I think we need to get together and lobby Canaragua to investigate..

junglejim
26-04-2014, 14:28
If you have an isolation valve outside you could throttle that back as well to help keep from over pressurising though Iīm surprised the regulator isnīt doing its job .

seanocelt
26-04-2014, 14:44
been using gas past year Karina, low bills, no problems with pressure.

karinagal
26-04-2014, 20:55
If you have an isolation valve outside you could throttle that back as well to help keep from over pressurising though Iīm surprised the regulator isnīt doing its job .

I'm perplexed by the whole situation JJ.. I haven't got a clue as to how this is possible but it's happening and I need to get to the bottom of it..