PDA

View Full Version : Other Do I need to check-in while I'm in Tenerife to get my Ryanair seat allocation?

barryk
26-04-2014, 15:34
Hi, could someone advise who may have had experience of below:

Customers who do not wish to select and purchase an allocated seat, can check-in online between 7 days and 2 hours before each booked flight and will be randomly allocated a seat free of charge.

Does this mean on a flight of over seven days I need to check in for the return flight after I have left the UK or can I check in for both flights 7 days before the outgoing flight. Do I have to purchase an allocated seat to Check in for both flights before I leave?

Sorry if I am being a bit thick but i do not want to give that man any more money than necessary

Thanks
Barry

golf birdie
26-04-2014, 15:36
7 days before each flight so if you are away for over 7 days you must find some where to check in. If you pay for a seat you can check in 30 days before.

essexeddie
26-04-2014, 15:39
You can purchase an allocated seat any time i.e. when you book your flights.
To check in you have about a month before your flight to print out your boarding passes.

barryk
26-04-2014, 15:54
Thought so!!!! Just another MOL crafty trick to boost his revenues, and he said he wanted to change haha.

Wonder if I can get my printer in the new second piece of hand luggage allowance????

Still the cheapest and best at timekeeping pity we have to put up with all this smoke and mirrors s**t

Thanks
Barryk

Have found this post from a travel agent which may be useful:

http://www.ttgdigital.com/news/a-leopard-never-changes-its-spots-agents-angry-at-new-ryanair-check-in-rules/4691201.article

essexeddie
26-04-2014, 16:25
I thought about taking a printer out there but for the amount of printing that I do in Tenerife its just not worth it. I print out our tickets in our reception where we have a few PCs and a printer for the punters. Its only a few cents a copy. Not worth the hassle.

barryk
26-04-2014, 16:38
Seems the only answer that would save £20 is:

Book the outgoing and return flights separately

Don't pay for allocated seating on the way out book and print boarding cards 7 days before flight.

Pay for allocated seating on the way back and book and print the boarding cards at the same time. £20 saved

I have done this before especially when he ways pricing the return flights back the same price in euros. Don't forget to un-check his euro exchange rate offer as it is rubbish.

Barryk

Red Devil
26-04-2014, 17:22

Don't pay for allocated seating on the way out book and print boarding cards 7 days before flight.

Pay for allocated seating on the way back and book and print the boarding cards at the same time. £20 saved

I have done this before especially when he ways pricing the return flights back the same price in euros. Don't forget to un-check his euro exchange rate offer as it is rubbish.

Barryk

Or just go in any internet shop and you can print out your boarding cards for your return journey, usually for about 50cents each.

essexeddie
26-04-2014, 17:54
Why book allocated seating on the way back but not on the way out? How does that save money? How does all what you say save £20?

Ecky Thump
26-04-2014, 18:42
Why book allocated seating on the way back but not on the way out? How does that save money? How does all what you say save £20?

My thoughts exactly!???:

Susief
26-04-2014, 20:39

Barryk

I just checked my hubby in today. He took the free allocated seat for his flight tom but he's not returning for 24 days so paid €10 so I could check him in and print his ticket. For €10 euros wasn't worth messing around.

barryk
27-04-2014, 16:06
Susie,
Could you tell me if both the outgoing and return flights we on the same booking. If you are able to do this on the same booking thats great. We travel out and back about 12 times a year so that would equate to about 480 gbp if we had to book seats for each journey so any savings would be good
Barryk

Susief
27-04-2014, 16:33
Susie,
Could you tell me if both the outgoing and return flights we on the same booking. If you are able to do this on the same booking thats great. We travel out and back about 12 times a year so that would equate to about 480 gbp if we had to book seats for each journey so any savings would be good
Barryk

No I always book as one way flights. I like the extra leg room seats (hubby doesn't bother when he travels on his own) so I prebooked mine when I booked flight, was only £33 for flight and £15 for premium seat. Still think it's a bargain. Plus get priority boarding included in it.

essexeddie
27-04-2014, 17:35
Cant see the point in Priority Boarding now when you have seats booked?

karinagal
27-04-2014, 17:43
Cant see the point in Priority Boarding now when you have seats booked?

The only real benefit with priority boarding is that you're guaranteed to be able to take your hand luggage case on board rather than have it put in the hold.. Makes for a quicker exit from the airport!! :)

essexeddie
27-04-2014, 17:48
OK. fair enough. We always use Easyjet and book the next seat just behind easy boarding. The size of our hand luggage is always guaranteed. Not used Ryan Air for donkeys years.

Ecky Thump
27-04-2014, 18:19
The only real benefit with priority boarding is that.. Makes for a quicker exit from the airport!! :)

And a quicker entry into a bar!:laugh:

karinagal
27-04-2014, 19:05
And a quicker entry into a bar!:laugh:

Yup indoody!!

BoPeep
29-04-2014, 16:14
I see you should be able to book priority boarding (£2) without reserving a seat but I cant see the option to do that on the booking page.

Does anyone know where it is? My husband doesnt care about what seat he is allocated but refuses to queue so he can keep his hand luggage with him!

polremy
29-04-2014, 17:39
Slightly off topic but we have just got our boarding passes for our flight back to UK.
Have to say the new website is a great improvement.
However, there are still a couple of niggles just to remind you of the "old" Ryanair mindset.
One has already been discussed: you can't book more than 7 days in advance unless you pay extra to reserve a particular seat.
The other niggle is to do with insurance.
It took me quite a time to find the "don't want insurance" from their drop down menu.
It is just under Denmark in the list of non EU countries!!
Now, why is that, I wonder? Alphabetical I grant you but I suspect a more sinister reason.

golf birdie
29-04-2014, 17:55
I see you should be able to book priority boarding (£2) without reserving a seat but I cant see the option to do that on the booking page.

Does anyone know where it is? My husband doesnt care about what seat he is allocated but refuses to queue so he can keep his hand luggage with him!

once you have been allocated a seat (7 days before) you should have the option to book PB.

BoPeep
30-04-2014, 16:39
I'm not sure you have the option to do priority boarding without buying a premium or a regular seat now, ie £15 and the priority boarding is inclusive or £10 and you have to pay another £3 for priority boarding.....is anyone likely to want a £10 seat now!

Seems to me that unless you buy a prebooked seat you can get caught for having to put your hand luggage in the hold, I cant see us and many others if they havent got suitcases wanting to go for that option! Paddy manages to make some more cash yet again!

Hamish Healys
20-05-2014, 10:32
What this means is that you’ve got to check in 7 days for each flight you take. If you’ll be away someplace that’ll take more than 7 days, You’ve just got to find a way to check in 7 days before your flight.

barryk
30-05-2014, 12:31
Hi,

Noticed on our lasr flights in May that they were actually asking at the gate if you wanted to put you hand luggage in the hold for free both outward from ema and back from tfs.

Whats all this about then???????

Barryk

junglejim
30-05-2014, 13:43
Hi,

Noticed on our lasr flights in May that they were actually asking at the gate if you wanted to put you hand luggage in the hold for free both outward from ema and back from tfs.

Whats all this about then???????

Barryk
They are only guaranteeing the first 90 with hand luggage to get it into the cabin! Then the rest of hand luggage goes to hold . Quite a lot of flights are delayed trying to fit hand luggage into racks above .

sundownersvince
31-05-2014, 00:41
I am a regular (8 times a year) traveller to Tenerife usually from EMA and until about a year ago used to use Ryanair on a regular basis. Not so now. Thomson and Thomas Cook are now generally cheaper especially on last minute type bookings. (7 days ish) Us regulars know when the cheaper fares are gonna be anyway and I dont usually spend more than £100 return. Dont care where I sit and only take hand luggage so that makes it cheaper too. Booked a flight with Jet2 recently for 5/6 and like Ryanair you can print your boarding pass saving on queueing up but you can do it 28 days in advance. I might also add the process of doing same is much quicker and easier on their site too. So folks dont just assume Ryanair are always cheapest, they aint, and they are certainly not the friendliest way of travel if you get my drift. Sorry, forgot to mention Monarch. Possibly slightly more expensive but a much nicer way to go than being herded like cattle onto a so called lo-cost carrier.
Vince. X.

kathml
31-05-2014, 07:56
The last time I travelled on either Thomson or Thomas cook I swore never again there's so little room between seats they need dwarf passengers

Give me ryanair or easyjet any day efficient on time no hassle