PDA

View Full Version : Paperwork How do we get the electric switched on in our house when I move?

gsc
27-04-2014, 12:20
Buying a house in Granadilla. Bank repo so electric is off and prob no Boletin. Will need rewiring but will there be a problem getting it switched on till I get round to the rewire?

Ecky Thump
27-04-2014, 12:27
Buying a house in Granadilla. Bank repo so electric is off and prob no Boletin. Will need rewiring but will there be a problem getting it switched on till I get round to the rewire?

I think 9PLUS is someone who can answer this, you can either wait and hope he sees this or send him a pm.:goodluck:

bonitatime
27-04-2014, 14:37
Probably
You need to find an Electrician 9PLUS is good or if you speak Spanish I Know some others

Andy0210
27-04-2014, 16:03
If it is an older house they may even have removed the meter, if that is the case the house will need a rewire and a boletin before they will put the meter back in, i doubt you would get the electric turned back on without either of these although i´m not a professional just speaking of experiences of people i know in the same situation in the past.

gsc
27-04-2014, 16:09
Thanks both, I had a suspicion that it wouldn't be easy. I wanted to move straight in and live there a bit before making major decisions. Maybe I can get the wires surface laid - get them chased in later. I always seem to needs loads and loads of sockets and always end up with them in the wrong place. This time the accommodation is 12 plus rooms on one floor and the rooms are interchangeable. I don't was rush into any firm decisions yet.

bonitatime
27-04-2014, 19:49
A thought would be a generator or to connect a cable to a neighbour

9PLUS
30-04-2014, 20:17

Is there a meter installed still ? or any electricity bills lying around ?

If not just because there's no meter is doesn't really mean you have to get Certification and a rewire, there's a whole load of factors to look into first.

gsc don't i know you ?

If you can get the electricity on via Endesa then you can and that's it, no such thing as getting a bit until

gsc
01-05-2014, 08:23
Thanks all - big sigh - I think I am going to have to bite the bullet and get it done. Damn - I so didn't want to rush the electrics but I intend to be moved in 1st June come hell or high water!

gsc
09-05-2014, 20:14
Still waiting for the banks and the paperwork to get sorted - like watching paint dry. Now we have to have another valuation for the taxman before we can complete. It's now 4 weeks since we paid the deposit and I am itching to get the keys and get started on quotes.

My friend says I can get a 'license' within 2 days to get the electric on. I assume that will just be temporary so everyone has power to work?

Does anyone know what that will cost me and how long the 'license' lasts?

9PLUS
10-05-2014, 09:53
I know nothing of such a license, there's a minor works license obtained from the local town hall if those works are classed as minor you're thinking of executing but normally takes longer than 2 days and doesn't grant you any right for an electrical connection.

Have you thought about employing an electrician to sort and evaluate your electrical situation instead of listening to a friend ?

Just a thought

gsc
10-05-2014, 10:07
Yes I will get proper quotes as soon as I can get into the place. Just frustrating trying to make plans with so little knowledge.

9PLUS
10-05-2014, 11:04
You'll need consultation from an electrician for this property.

There's lots of factors involved to tell you the solution online.

By license (temporary electric) do you mean Luz de Obra this isn't available for every job.

To get Luz de Obra you need to apply to the town hall for a minor or major works license.

you can't just apply for it at the Endesa customer service office

gsc
10-05-2014, 11:26
Sorry for being such a control freak. Yes I have since learned I will probably need a 'luz de obra'. I can't see how some-one can chase out for wiring without power on or is it normally done with a generator?

9PLUS
10-05-2014, 11:52
Sorry for being such a control freak. Yes I have since learned I will probably need a 'luz de obra'. I can't see how some-one can chase out for wiring without power on or is it normally done with a generator?

I get you, when i was a teenager we used to chase out red fire brick with a hammer and chisel, if only houses in the UK were made of breezeblock like here.

bulldog
10-05-2014, 13:01

luz de obra for a detached villa can cost 2000 euro plus and only lasts for the length of the
building license I,ve built villas in the past only using a generator if its only the reform of an
existing building ,there are ways to get power ,I,d take 9plus,s advice and consult an experienced
electrician there is a lot of planning needed to get it right .you don,t want to get it wrong
believe me!!

gsc
10-05-2014, 13:05
Oh dont worry I intend to get it done properly - jeez 2000????

bulldog
10-05-2014, 13:17
I get you, when i was a teenager we used to chase out red fire brick with a hammer and chisel, if only houses in the UK were made of breezeblock like here.

too true,and when it,s freezing cold its no joke!! I,ve had Spanish labourers here chase out a room in little more than
an hour using only a ball ended hammer and a blunt chisel straight on raw bloke that is.

gsc
10-05-2014, 13:23
too true,and when it,s freezing cold its no joke!! I,ve had Spanish labourers here chase out a room in little more than
an hour using only a ball ended hammer and a blunt chisel straight on raw bloke that is.

Don't suppose it will be much fun next week in the heat either :) 37 degrees I hear!

bulldog
10-05-2014, 14:17
Don't suppose it will be much fun next week in the heat either :) 37 degrees I hear!
agreed, but if you,re going to work in 37 degrees,best do it indoors inside a concrete shell
un-plastered ,it would feel more like 25 degrees,working on say a flat roof it would feel more
like a 100!!. been there done that!! luckily its all a distance now:)

gsc
10-05-2014, 14:22
lol - I still have to get quotes for sealing the roof/terrace too - thanks for the reminder - be just my luck for an unexpected downpour on the new wiring! :doh:

9PLUS
10-05-2014, 15:26

Bitter cold, hammer rash, thermals, manually smashing red brick is good education.

A couple of years ago we got the Hilti double disk cutters and a hoover, virtually no dust, great investment.

bulldog
10-05-2014, 17:28
Bitter cold, hammer rash, thermals, manually smashing red brick is good education.

A couple of years ago we got the Hilti double disk cutters and a hoover, virtually no dust, great investment.
you must be the only sparky on the island who chases out his own walls,the closest any who,s
worked on my jobs got to touching a wall was with spray paint!!:lol:

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

you must be the only sparky on the island who chases out his own walls,the closest any who,s
worked on my jobs got to touching a wall was with spray paint!!:lol:

joking aside I,ve always said you can judge a tradesman by the kit he brings on the job
if he turns up with DeWalt,Hilti,you know he takes his work very seriously.

9PLUS
10-05-2014, 18:35
Really it's for runs where the dust has to be a minimum, as you know if there's a builder on the job they are far more prepared to Chop & Chase.

I don't think i've been on a job yet where theres been a builder and they haven't said can we get the chasing out.

Greg
10-05-2014, 20:17
I go as far as the spray paint, then it's time for the labourers!