PDA

View Full Version : Charity Fundraiser Live Arico Charity Shops ' Special offers'

caroletenerife
31-05-2011, 00:37
:dog: LOCATIONS :dog:

Costa Silencio - On the road side in front of Coral MAr Square, next to the Coral Bar. Manager Claudia, not a forum member unfortunately.

Los Cristianos - On the walkway by Churchills and Wehbe, opposite the playpark. Manager Trish (Forum member Astara)

San Eugenio - Opposite La Niña Hotel, up the walkway by Amandas, Complex Las Carabelas. Manager Siobhan (Forum member caroletenerife)

All shops open Monday to Friday 10 - 4 and Saturday 10 - 2.

We rely totally on public support and all our shops are open for business and becoming more well known within the various resorts. We constantly need new donations to replenish our shelves. If you have any unwanted clothes, household bric a brac, books, dvd's cd's etc or if you are having a clearout we would be very grateful if you thought of us.

This thread will be used to advertise any special promotions or goods of special interest we have in store
OR
if anyone is searching for something and cant find it...ask us...we might have just what you are looking for:)

caroletenerife
24-06-2011, 19:59
We have on sale in the San Eugenio shop, and soon the other branches 500ml and 50ml Aloe Skinsept Anticeptic hand gel.

Product contains skin moisturizing, protective and nutritious Aloe-Vera Gel. Product’s gel form provides convenient using, efficiency and low volatility.
Aloe Skinsept has a broad fungicidal and bactericidal effect, being able to destroy Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria (incl. Tbc), fungi and viruses (HBV, HIV, HCV, Vaccinia, Herpes simplex, Adeno, Rota).

This is a quality product and is on sale for ONLY 3 euros (500ml) and 50 cent (75ml). This is ideal for bars, restaurants, nursery's, office and home use. Discounts will be offered for bulk orders, PM me if you are interested, they are going fast x

henry
24-06-2011, 20:02
can´t wait to see that in los cristanos shop Siobhan. but i be there on wednesday and staurdays

astara
24-06-2011, 23:24
We also have had a large amount of designer ladies clothes donated, which will be in all of the shops this week prices from 4 euros upward. Well worth a look many items still with tags on unworn...

Strangest item sold this week : - A full sized hand on bendy arm with clip on table fixing !!! Sold to a lady learning to do manicures... One mans rubbish is anothers treasure -:crazy:
Come & have a rummage in our aladdins cave of goodies you never know what you may find !!!

astara
19-07-2011, 21:46
We would love any recycled carrier bags you have - pop into the los cris shop between 10 am ^ 4pm ...

many thanks

caroletenerife
20-07-2011, 17:32
Many thanks to YOUNG GOLFER and Michelle who made sure we benefitted from a house clearance in Las Carabelas, a much needed boost to our coffers at this quiet time. He even carried some things himself!!!! (should have taken a photo), Many things have sold, however we still have pictures, bedside cabinets, curtains,and bric a brac. If anyone is having a clearing out of any kind, the Live Arico charity shops will be more than happy to recieve ANYTHING, thanks again Stuart and Michelle (and new occupants of said property) xxx:love::love:

astara
22-08-2011, 17:25
we would really welcome a rail in good condition to help us display the items we have outside our shop - please pm me if you have one ..

have a nice range of mens clothes in at the moment, some lovely shirts etc...
also a solid wooden t.v. cabinet in pine wood.... only 25 euros

astara
19-09-2011, 19:39
In need of plastic bags if anyone can spare a few we wouold be grateful -
thanks in advance ..

astara
27-09-2011, 00:06
Fantastic donation of 4 wardrobes full of mens designer clothes -
Some new with labels, others hardly worn ... luis vitton, armani, etc. etc. shirts, trousers, shoes, belts t-shirts,
All in our shops by tomorrow ***

*** Watch out for special sale day for the cream of the crop in suits & shirts date & venue to be announced soon...

Many thanks to Aiden your a star . xx

astara
28-09-2011, 23:12
will sort yours shiv & bring them to st. eug ... xx

caroletenerife
29-09-2011, 09:42
Cheers, trish, I have a Sony 32 inch BIG TV with gray and glass display case in the San Eugenio shop, perfect working order...if anyone is on the look out for one xxxx

astara
29-09-2011, 15:46
Designer mens clothing Sale coming Soon********** WATCH THIS SPACE

A range of as new or indeed new mens clothing, suits, trousers, shirts, ties, shoes etc.....
HUGO BOSS
ARMANI
MASSIMO DUTTI
PEDRO DEL HIERRO
DOCKERS,
GAP,
AND MANY MORE, LOTS WITH ORIGNAL PRICE TAGS STILL ON AT VERY LOW SALE PRICES.....
DATE & VENUE TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON........
ALL PROCEEDS TO LIVE ARICO DOG REFUGE.....

astara
12-10-2011, 15:21
Various t.v. 's 22" - 25" with Remote control all in working order. In all shops - from 15 euros upwards...

atlantico
12-10-2011, 20:24
:dog: LOCATIONS :dog:

Costa Silencio - On the road side in front of Coral MAr Square, next to the Coral Bar. Manager Claudia, not a forum member unfortunately.

why/what is the 'Friends of Live Arico' charity shop also in Coral Mar, run by a Spanish Lady ?? Quite a few local people are asking this and what it means for LA

TIS
12-10-2011, 23:14
why/what is the 'Friends of Live Arico' charity shop also in Coral Mar, run by a Spanish Lady ?? Quite a few local people are asking this and what it means for LA
Why does it matter if the person running the shop is Spanish, Chinese, HIndu or American? Confused?????

timmylish
13-10-2011, 00:18
Why does it matter if the person running the shop is Spanish, Chinese, HIndu or American? Confused?????

'Cause they,re furriners?

TIS
13-10-2011, 00:21
'Cause they,re furriners?

Doh! don't want any of them here do we! Silly me.

caroletenerife
13-10-2011, 02:09
This is strange...because i did not post this???????????

YOUNG GOLFER
13-10-2011, 02:16

You could tell them a lot of Spanish live here.............does it matter anyway? what matters they are all trying their best to raise money for their dogs that no-one else wanted.

caroletenerife
13-10-2011, 02:21
This is strange...because i did not post this???????????

lookin back yes i did, it did not infer anything , just that Claudia cannot be contacted via the forum. We have many Canarian supporters that want to help in any way they can. The shop is busy with local trade and spreading the message of responsible dog ownership throughout the region, this can only be a good thing x

atlantico
16-10-2011, 11:42

You could tell them a lot of Spanish live here.............does it matter anyway? what matters they are all trying their best to raise money for their dogs that no-one else wanted.

I'm not criticizing or saying anything about nationalities, I just said she was Spanish so people understood which shop I was referring to.

I'm referring to this quote as from top of page

LOCATIONS

Los Cristianos - On the walkway by Churchills and Wehbe, opposite the playpark. Manager Trish (Forum member Astara)

San Eugenio - Opposite La Niña Hotel, up the walkway by Amandas, Complex Las Carabelas. Manager Siobhan (Forum member caroletenerife)

For a member of Live Arico to NOT mention another shop, I and many others , are wondering if its an official one. No one would like the thought of someone using LA name to raise funds if they shouldn't be. And if they are recognised, shouldn't they be listed as an official LA shop in the opening posts? Get my drift?

LOCATIONS

Costa Silencio - On the road side in front of Coral MAr Square, next to the Coral Bar. PLUS 'FRIENDS OF LIVE ARICO', in Coral Mar Square

caroletenerife
16-10-2011, 15:14
Sorry, I put the original post on in May, when there was just three shops, since then there is also another friends of Live Arico shop opened in Playa Isadora (think that is how it is spelt???), no doubt Sue will be on with an update of who is running them and hours of business etc etc x

SuzyQ
16-10-2011, 23:22
I dont involve myself with the shops, but we do have two "Friends of Live Arico" Shops, one in San Isidro and one in Silencio. Both are only recently opened. Debbie, our treasurer oversees the shops, but is offline and the moment. She says:-
"The situation of the LA shops is this. Currently we have €2700 tied up in rental deposits on 2 shops (normal business practice, most landlords will not make exceptions, even for charity). Our average income from the shops is €4000 per month, we pay out €1400 in rents, €100 in utilities, and €30 insurances, making an average total of €1530. This represents 38% of the income. Bearing in mind the €2700 tied up in deposits would pay for 4 months of water usage at the refuge, it is a prudent idea to have FOLA shops. Why? Because the way this works is someone else takes responsibility for the shop, they pay the deposits, rent, all costs, and pay us 50% of the profit. We are lucky to have many, many donations of items to LA, and for instance we have at the moment 23 large boxes of winter clothes. These do not sell so well in Silencio, Los Cristianos and San Eugenio, however the new FOLA shop in San Isidro is doing good business with those items (its cold up there, lol) So, instead of items sitting in boxes for potentially years they are now selling and we are receiving money for them instead of taking up valuable storage space. We are regularly offered furniture that we do not have the space to accept (unless of high quality when we can put them through the Auction Rooms), but the lady in Silencio can accept these bulky items so again, we receive money for items we would otherwise have had to turn down. All in all, it makes sense."

sevenislandlets
17-10-2011, 02:25
Can we please have directions to the shop in San Isidro, from the main high street, as have some books to donate thanks

astara
23-10-2011, 09:51
designer mens clothing sale coming soon********** watch this space

a range of as new or indeed new mens clothing, suits, trousers, shirts, ties, shoes etc.....
Hugo boss
armani
massimo dutti
pedro del hierro
dockers,
gap,
and many more, lots with orignal price tags still on at very low sale prices.....
Date & venue to be announced soon........
All proceeds to live arico dog refuge.....

designer mens sale - november 13th at restaurant maria, el nautico suites, golf del sur - from 6pm.... Come early for the bargain of the year.
Many clothes new with labels....

astara
17-01-2012, 20:53
LIVE ARICO Charity shops, San Eugenio, Los Cris, & silencio, all have a wide range of new stock in this week, everything from designer label clothes, to electrical items, incl; scanners, fax/copiers, printers, pine t.v. corner cabinet ( 25E.) ( in los cris). Wide selection of books, household soft furnishings, glasses & plates.
All open 10 - 4pm & sat - 10.30 - 2.30 ....
URGENTLY REQUIRED ALWAYS - CARRIER BAGS,

timmylish
18-01-2012, 17:20
As asked for previously, where in San Isidro is the FOLA shop?

s1monsg
18-01-2012, 19:24
Hi Timmy, the FOLA shop in San Isidro is up the main high street and take a left at the ( I would say) the main roundabout...the one by the small church on the right. So, take a left at that roundabout and go down that road and the FOLA shop is up a one way street on the right hand side, but the one way is against you, so you need to take the road to the right after it and then right again and that'll bring you to the correct road. The shop is up this road (http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ll=28.07891,-16.560135&spn=0.003129,0.005681&t=h&z=18&vpsrc=6&layer=c&cbll=28.07866,-16.559865&panoid=bZzbmZkKbe7xsuW_R8ug8w&cbp=12,315.56,,0,10.26), but as I say this is one way and against you. Thanks for your donation.

astara
29-02-2012, 14:14
Live arico dog refuge charity shop in los cristianos is going to need new volunteers from end of march.. Lots of our lovely winter volunteers are going home to u.k. then.

If you can give a day or even a morning, to help out in the shop please pm me.
Its lots of fun, you meet some real nice people & no experience is needed.

Plus you go home each day knowing you have helped to feed some of our 400 dogs in the refuge.
It does help if you a little bit mad! as most of our volunteers are... but its not compulsory ...
A variety of jobs include sorting through donations, pricing goods, serving customers, chatting to people about the work in the refuge.
Come & have a chat with us were friendly !! l

SuzyQ
01-03-2012, 03:00
Yes, please come and say hi, the girls always seem to be having a giggle when I drop by to plunder the takings, lol.
please note also, the FOLA shop in San Isidro unfortunately has closed down. So we are back to our original 3.

astara
09-03-2012, 22:41
WANTED = to sell in our shops at los cris, churchill square, San Eugenio next to amandas bar. & Silencio, -any ladies, mens or childrens clothes in good condition, bedding, household bric a brac, toys, books, dvd,s In fact anything you would care to donate we will gladly take.

Donations are thinner on the ground at the mo with the departure of our swallows.
Were open 10 am until 4 pm monday to fri, & sat 10.30 - 2.30 pm
Thanking you in advance