PDA

View Full Version : Other Why do restaurants have to play loud music?

essexeddie
29-04-2014, 19:17
Why do restaurants have to have loud music?
We went to the Troyer Restaurant Mirador Strip LC last time we were there. Nice food, nice ambiance inside with all marble floors and palms. Enjoying our meal with friends then BANG! LOUD MUSIC!! from a singing group. Completely ruined the evening. We just couldn't talk. Why on earth do they do it? I don't mind back ground music but that was ridiculous. When we left I told them not to expect us back until the music has gone. Its a shame as we liked it there.

marbro8
29-04-2014, 19:46
Why do restaurants have to have loud music?
We went to the Troyer Restaurant Mirador Strip LC last time we were there. Nice food, nice ambiance inside with all marble floors and palms. Enjoying our meal with friends then BANG! LOUD MUSIC!! from a singing group. Completely ruined the evening. We just couldn't talk. Why on earth do they do it? I don't mind back ground music but that was ridiculous. When we left I told them not to expect us back until the music has gone. Its a shame as we liked it there.we have heard mixed reports about that restaurant, when it first opened it was fine according to a couple of girls that stay on el mirador, but they tried it again october and said the 2 times they ate there it was poor:confused:, there was rumour that the mayor was part owner:dontknow:as for playing loud music when you are eating well that's a no no:nono:, that's why we don't eat at places like that, a bit sneaky to do it part way through your meal though,because you would probably have walked out of there if they had done it before you had ordered:mad:

Ecky Thump
29-04-2014, 20:17
It's really a case of what suits you, personally i dislike music in a restaurant, unless it's very quiet background music and as Marbro says, it's a bit sneaky starting it halfway through your meal, but it might be a ploy to distract you from the quality of food that they serve.

29-04-2014, 20:21
It's really a case of what suits you, personally i dislike music in a restaurant, unless it's very quiet background music and as Marbro says, it's a bit sneaky starting it halfway through your meal, but it might be a ploy to distract you from the quality of food that they serve.
I agree. I personally hate loud music when I'm eating but a lot of people like it.
Don't eat in music restaurants...Simples.

essexeddie
29-04-2014, 20:23
Not at all. The food is fine, no problem with it. But the music was so loud.
I would have walked out if we had just ordered.

essexeddie
10-06-2014, 17:25
Nothing is worse than having a nice meal and shouting at each other, I can do that at home.:cheeky:

turntup
12-06-2014, 11:10
I love music. I love loud music.

But while I am eating!?

...no thanks.

Need something ambient to eat to... not blaring.