PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else experience Forum database problems today?

kingbaker
30-04-2014, 17:23
Hi I couldnt use tapatalk on my phone, all day today. The page would open but NO content.

Said contact forum administrators.

Anyone else?:(

AL JAY
30-04-2014, 17:28
I couldn't get on the forum at all on either PC or Laptop! It said database had problems!

kingbaker
30-04-2014, 17:52
Anyone else? Moderator :)

Ecky Thump
30-04-2014, 18:10

The forum was on and off all day.

But to keep the thread on topic, forget TapaTalk, let's continue to use CrapaTalk!:wink:

primrose
30-04-2014, 18:14

Yeh me, spent yesterday putting posts on here only to see the whole thread had been removed and today couldn't get on till after 4 o'clock.Would have thought somebody could have explained.

AL JAY
30-04-2014, 18:24
Cmon admin at least lets have an explaination of what went wrong! Who leaned on the button by mistake? :dontknow: :doh:

LUCKY
30-04-2014, 18:36
It wasn't me .I've been busy all day 🍺

kingbaker
30-04-2014, 18:52
Mightave been a Scotish Blonde from East of Western Jockland!!!:p:(:D

kingbaker
30-04-2014, 18:56
Yeah I could open threads on computer, but it wouldnt allow me post. No joy on Tapatalk tho':rolleyes::p:D:what::o:thumbup::thumbup::eek:: sly::):beer:;):cool::screwy:

macdonald5
30-04-2014, 18:58
Mightave been a Scotish Blonde from East of Western Jockland!!!:p:(:D

Wisnae me!!!! Remember kingbaker I am IT good !! Even get paid for IT x

kingbaker
30-04-2014, 18:59
My money's on Lucky's ferets chewin' the cables. Maybe the jealous one that he didn't marry!!:p:(;)

kingbaker
30-04-2014, 19:06
Wisnae me!!!! Remember kingbaker I am IT good !! Even get paid for IT x

Wisnaeme......is that the town outside Dunbartinghamshire, where you live.
Did you say you get paid for it??.....de mind boggles. :p:D

Sorry nearly forgot.....XX:(:D:p;)

warbey
30-04-2014, 20:00
/.

I reckon slodgedad is on His Jollies.

No-one to look after the Shop.

Come in Annnoonneeeeemus.?

30-04-2014, 20:01
Sorry for the delay in replying Just logged in.
I'm not aware of any forum problems or a problem with tapatalk but I will investigate.

warbey
30-04-2014, 20:05
Sorry for the delay in replying Just logged in.
I'm not aware of any forum problems or a problem with tapatalk but I will investigate.

I mentioned Slodgey at 20-00 and Moderator answered one minute Later....

(Tongue in cheek). Now We know what to do.......:D:D:tiphat::tiphat:

30-04-2014, 20:12
I mentioned Slodgey at 20-00 and Moderator answered one minute Later....

(Tongue in cheek). Now We know what to do.......:D:D:tiphat::tiphat:

Slodgedad hasn't been on line today. I replied to the post as I had a mention when I logged in. Post 3

admin
30-04-2014, 22:24
We had a Dos attack today from various Eastern locations which caused database errors to occur.

Due to our hosting security increases since the last hacking attempt, no one got through, but the forum was down for a few hours while we dealt with it.

Everything is fine now.

The Tenerife Forum Team

Megaloo
30-04-2014, 23:02
We had a Dos attack today from various Eastern locations which caused database errors to occur.

Due to our hosting security increases since the last hacking attempt, no one got through, but the forum was down for a few hours while we dealt with it.

Everything is fine now.

The Tenerife Forum Team

Thank you very much

slodgedad
01-05-2014, 00:33
Justc ome on spam searching to find my name used in vain. Thanks for the explanatiom, Admin.

Malteser Monkey
01-05-2014, 09:48

Everything is fine now.

The Tenerife Forum Team

Let's hope we don't get a tres or even a cuatro attack:lol:

admin

kingbaker
01-05-2014, 10:19
Let's hope we don't get a tres or even a cuatro attack:lol:

admin

Welcome back monkey.....I missed you. I only had macdonald5 to play with.:(:p

Malteser Monkey
01-05-2014, 10:24
Welcome back monkey.....I missed you. I only had macdonald5 to play with.:(:p

and she wasn't enough for you ?:jumping:

kingbaker
01-05-2014, 18:50
and she wasn't enough for you ?:jumping:

Nah!! shes a bit old and slow and not up to much!!:p:D

macdonald5
01-05-2014, 20:02
Nah!! shes a bit old and slow and not up to much!!:p:D

Glasgow kiss for you kingbaker !!:bricks:

kingbaker
01-05-2014, 20:13
Was gonna say 'any kiss is better than no kiss'. but maybe like the song from Oliver......I think I'd better think it out again!:p

Malteser Monkey
01-05-2014, 20:26
Glasgow kiss for you kingbaker !!:bricks:

Was gonna say 'any kiss is better than no kiss'. but maybe like the song from Oliver......I think I'd better think it out again!:p

no that was please can I have some more eh Maccie D:crazy:

kingbaker
01-05-2014, 20:43
Me thinks you're trying to get me in trouble !!:D:p

Don' think mc d was being rose mantic.......felt more like a threat!! Like 'dental re arrangments....while you wait':confused:;):p

deepdivejunkie
13-05-2014, 22:15
I have received about 30 emails today notifying me of a new post on threads that I am subscribed to... But am no longer subscribed to these threads, plus, they were sent to an email address I am no longer using for this forum. I have checked my settings and all seems OK. Wierd!!

BobMac
13-05-2014, 22:41
I have received about 30 emails today notifying me of a new post on threads that I am subscribed to... But am no longer subscribed to these threads, plus, they were sent to an email address I am no longer using for this forum. I have checked my settings and all seems OK. Wierd!!

I've been receiving these as well for a couple days now - all with last updated dates in 2012 and they don't show any sender details.

candy2411
13-05-2014, 22:43
Yes I got some 30 e mails today relating to very old posts

kingbaker
13-05-2014, 22:49
I havent got any emails in weeks. I used CCleaner so maybe thats why!:D:D;)

AL JAY
13-05-2014, 22:50
I had one saying i had a PM it was also from 2012 can admin take a look and see what is going on please!

COL NIL SATIS
13-05-2014, 23:00

My emails were also inundated with (auto generated returns) of loads of subscribed threads today,i don't subscribe to any of these threads so think it may be a bug,bit annoying this is as i had to delete over 50 tonight.

deepdivejunkie
13-05-2014, 23:07
Yes I got some 30 e mails today relating to very old posts

Glad it's not just me then :)

Malteser Monkey
14-05-2014, 10:28
9PLUS has upset Zarion again :wink:

kingbaker
14-05-2014, 10:53
And I'm still waiting for my two drinks....had to buy my own bottle of Merlot last night !!!!:(:confused::(:D:cool:

deepdivejunkie
14-05-2014, 11:46
Another 15 emails. Never had so many. Feel like Mr Popular all of a sudden!

AL JAY
14-05-2014, 17:44
Maybe our mate Moderator could sort it out,or maybe admin it is very frustrating :scared::wink:

Muppet
14-05-2014, 21:59
Aside from the fact that 99% of the posts on here are no longer worth reading because of all the pointless nonsense that has been posted in the last year or two, PLEASE FIX THE BLOOMIN MAIL THING, there isn't a single post I want to read again !!

Thanks

BrianT
14-05-2014, 22:39
Maybe that's why I got an email this morning saying somebody had replied to a thread I was subscribed to. I can't even find the thread. :nono:

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Maybe that's why I got an email this morning saying somebody had replied to a thread I was subscribed to. I can't even find the thread. :nono:
Just found reply dated 20:09:2012. :mad:

Malteser Monkey
15-05-2014, 10:42
I wantes to post soke pics in a new thread but it won't accept my JPG files

Anyone else have any probs

Oh and by the way before you start pics of flowers:wink2:

canarybird can you try please

canarybird
15-05-2014, 11:01
MM I haven't had anything different happening to me with Forum posts, nor have I received emails of old posts but I will try here to upload a jpg file to see if there is a problem.

Here goes:

http://canarybird.smugmug.com/Pets-Flora/Pets-Flora-1/i-RBTx82k/0/L/P1020001%20Feb.7%20PM-L.jpg

That seemed to work.

Okay that was uploaded from my hosting site using the linking.
Now I will try to upload directly from my computer. Here it is:

Okay that worked as an attachment too.

Dave Social
15-05-2014, 11:06
Lots and lots of un wanted emails coming from the forum that I can't stop!!!! Want to close my account but know one is getting back to me. Opened a ticket and its been closed despite my account not been deactivated. Please can Admin help? Very frustrated.. Thank you, Dave

Malteser Monkey
15-05-2014, 11:06

ok this seems to be working maybe the file size is the problem ?

I haven't had any emails either

Lots and lots of un wanted emails coming from the forum that I can't stop!!!! Want to close my account but know one is getting back to me. Opened a ticket and its been closed despite my account not been deactivated. Please can Admin help? Very frustrated.. Thank you, Dave

ok what you can do is delete these subscriptions - I have never subscribed "knowingly" but I seem to get the odd email sometimes.

Go to setting at the top right hand corner - select all the threads it says you have then lower down the page then click on selected threads and delete

admin
15-05-2014, 12:28
My emails were also inundated with (auto generated returns) of loads of subscribed threads today,i don't subscribe to any of these threads so think it may be a bug,bit annoying this is as i had to delete over 50 tonight.I am unsure why this is happening, but I have been looking into it.

All I can think is that the email settings for the forum were changed from the inbuilt php sender to the forum's smtp settings recently because there have been a lot of support requests about unsent activation mails and it was supposed to fix it. Possibly all the emails going out now are ones that were supposed to have been sent in the past and were not.

I will ask our technical person to see if there's any way of purging all the old mails so that at least it starts from afresh now.

Malteser Monkey
15-05-2014, 12:36
I think I know what my pics won't upload the one that did was only 7KB but the ones I took with my camera are over 1,000 KB could that be the prob

canarybird -or anyone else

canarybird
15-05-2014, 17:45
MM I'm not sure what the file size limit is for photos here on the forum, but I would imagine that just undr a MB is more than allowed here. Try reducing it to 1/4 that file size if you can.

COL NIL SATIS
15-05-2014, 23:29
I am unsure why this is happening, but I have been looking into it.

All I can think is that the email settings for the forum were changed from the inbuilt php sender to the forum's smtp settings recently because there have been a lot of support requests about unsent activation mails and it was supposed to fix it. Possibly all the emails going out now are ones that were supposed to have been sent in the past and were not.

I will ask our technical person to see if there's any way of purging all the old mails so that at least it starts from afresh now.

Thanks for looking into it,cheers.

Malteser Monkey
16-05-2014, 09:00
MM I'm not sure what the file size limit is for photos here on the forum, but I would imagine that just undr a MB is more than allowed here. Try reducing it to 1/4 that file size if you can.

Thanks dear but I have no idea how to do that when i open the picture it loads up in Windows picture and fax viewer

Can anyone help

canarybird
16-05-2014, 10:10
MM do you have Windows Live Photo Gallery ? If so, you can resize the photo easily with that, although it also resizes the screen size.

That will bring down the file size as well.

If you have that program let me know and I can help you reduce the picture size.

Malteser Monkey
16-05-2014, 10:18
MM do you have Windows Live Photo Gallery ? If so, you can resize the photo easily with that, although it also resizes the screen size.

That will bring down the file size as well.

If you have that program let me know and I can help you reduce the picture size.

No we don't but you have given me an idea we do have other programs here microsoft office picture manager maybe I can do something in there CB - I will have a look at lunchtime

Thank you dear - watch this space

I've got a pic I want you specifically to see

canarybird
16-05-2014, 11:24
Good luck MM and if you have problems, as a last resort you could email me your photos (I'll send you a PM with my email address) and I will reduce them and email them back to you.

That would work :)

Malteser Monkey
16-05-2014, 11:39
Good luck MM and if you have problems, as a last resort you could email me your photos (I'll send you a PM with my email address) and I will reduce them and email them back to you.

Oooo lovely idea thanks -

deepdivejunkie
16-05-2014, 11:49
There is a free program called Photoscape that is easy to use to reduce the size of photos. This is what I use. Just search for it on Google :-)

Malteser Monkey
16-05-2014, 13:07

Ok email sent - I resized it but the forum won't let me upload it.

All this to see me pole dancing eh !:scared::redcard::bootyshake::crylaughing:

LUCKY
16-05-2014, 13:12
Ok email sent - I resized it but the forum won't let me upload it.

All this to see me pole dancing eh !:scared::redcard::bootyshake::crylaughing:

We certainly will have Database problems if that happens :flatcap:

TOTO 99
16-05-2014, 14:10
We certainly will have Database problems if that happens :flatcap:

Not to mention eyesight problems...:laugh:.....:run:

Malteser Monkey
16-05-2014, 14:12
Not to mention eyesight problems...:laugh:.....:run:

don't know what you're complaining about - you've seen my collection:whistle::D

that's weird Toto on the radio - hold the line

canarybird
16-05-2014, 15:04
Pics received, reduced and sent back to you MM. :)

Malteser Monkey
16-05-2014, 15:23

Testing Testing

I will have to sort out a thread another time CB like I said I was going to - need to finish my work first ..... Thanks again

how do I get it in my message like you do then ?

canarybird
16-05-2014, 16:46
MM to get your photos embedded in your message you need to have uploaded them to a photo hosting site on the web rather than uploading them as an attachment directly from your computer. Once the photo is stored online somewhere in a site such as Picasa, Photo bucket or Smug Mug then you use the URL of the photo (the http address) and put it between these two codes: your url . Your photo will then come out on the forum embedded in your text. Go to Photobucket and see how it works. I think they are still free to use at least up to storing a certain number of photos.

PS you can also edit and resize your photos on Photobucket as well as upload videos for free.

MM....the flower.1 pic you've uploaded looks just like the little thumbnail and not the full 800 x 600 photo I sent back to you.

Did you click on the photo to open it up before uploading it here? I didn't make it that small.

16-05-2014, 20:39
The problem is being investigated. It is a pain, I know. Loads of work behind the scenes yet again.
Sometimes I wish we were less successful so the hackers would leave us alone.

Malteser Monkey
17-05-2014, 11:07
MM to get your photos embedded in your message you need to have uploaded them to a photo hosting site on the web rather than uploading them as an attachment directly from your computer. Once the photo is stored online somewhere in a site such as Picasa, Photo bucket or Smug Mug then you use the URL of the photo (the http address) and put it between these two codes: your url . Your photo will then come out on the forum embedded in your text. Go to Photobucket and see how it works. I think they are still free to use at least up to storing a certain number of photos.

PS you can also edit and resize your photos on Photobucket as well as upload videos for free.

MM....the flower.1 pic you've uploaded looks just like the little thumbnail and not the full 800 x 600 photo I sent back to you.

Did you click on the photo to open it up before uploading it here? I didn't make it that small.

No I don't think I did CB

I will take all of this into accoount and try later on or it maybe tomorrow as I have to go out.

Once again thank you so much for helping

Every day's a learning day as they say.

We will get there hun x

Malteser Monkey
25-05-2014, 14:48

this is what I get when I try argggggh

I will have to find out off the Teccie guys in work what I am doing wrong

In our lunch hours of course:cheeky:

25-05-2014, 15:58

this is what I get when I try argggggh

I will have to find out off the Teccie guys in work what I am doing wrong

In our lunch hours of course:cheeky:
If you are having probs with that particular phrase, especially from a works computer, it could be one of the phrases blocked.

Malteser Monkey
25-05-2014, 16:18
If you are having probs with that particular phrase, especially from a works computer, it could be one of the phrases blocked.

No it's work and home - I upload the file and that's what I get even if I down size.

I'll sort it ...one day .... I never give in

thanks

Malteser Monkey
01-06-2014, 13:45
anyone else having probs replying and sending pm's today ??

kingbaker
01-06-2014, 14:19
No................

Malteser Monkey
01-06-2014, 14:28
No................

good....................

kingbaker
01-06-2014, 14:47
Gracias.......:D

Ecky Thump
01-06-2014, 15:35
[QUOTE=Malteser Monkey;373948]

You've obviously posted something here, but I can't see it!

kingbaker
01-06-2014, 16:13
Ah at last......there is a dog afterall....:(:D:p;):)

kingbaker
01-06-2014, 16:49
............. nite

Malteser Monkey
01-06-2014, 16:56
[QUOTE=Malteser Monkey;373948]

You've obviously !

there it is oooppppps nope it's gone again