PDA

View Full Version : Paperwork Who are the 'Consorsio de SICTF', and what is this letter?

nickinexeter
01-05-2014, 13:06
Have recently returned from winter in Tenerife. Have been told that registered letter has been sent to me from Consorsio de SICTF but, obviously, I cannot go to Correos to collect it. Can anyone please tell me who this organisation is as I am very concerned about it. I will not be back there for 6 months, by which time it may well be far too late to do what is required. The background is that I purchased a house there just over a year ago. All bills etc have been properly paid, there are no outstanding issues. Maybe it is from the tax authorities asking me about my tax status? Does anyone know the name of the tax authority? Any help with this would be most appreciated. At this stage, I simply want to work out how serious it might be and whether I need to return to attend to it, which would be most difficult. Thanks!

TenerifeTeddy
01-05-2014, 15:24
Do you have anyone in Tenerife you can ask to go to the Correos and collect it for you?
If so they would need a letter from you with your full name, NIE number and Spanish address, also a copy of your passport. authorising them to collect the letter on your behalf. They would need proof of their ID too. The letter would have to be in Spanish, which can be done easily enough with google translate if you keep it simple.

A bit of a pain to organise but that way at least you can find out what the letter is about.

If it is a bill of some sort ignoring it will only result in penalty interest being added to it and ultimately an embargo on your Spanish bank account.

nickinexeter
01-05-2014, 16:13
Thanks, TT. Exactly the sort of thing that I fear. I do have someone there who picked up the note from my postbox. Trouble is they are about to come back to UK for 2 weeks. Do you know how long the Correos holds onto a letter before returning it to sender? It might take a while to get the details you describe together....could I set it up here in UK and then simply send it to my friend by email for her to print off? Many thanks, Nick

Do you have anyone in Tenerife you can ask to go to the Correos and collect it for you?
If so they would need a letter from you with your full name, NIE number and Spanish address, also a copy of your passport. authorising them to collect the letter on your behalf. They would need proof of their ID too. The letter would have to be in Spanish, which can be done easily enough with google translate if you keep it simple.

A bit of a pain to organise but that way at least you can find out what the letter is about.

If it is a bill of some sort ignoring it will only result in penalty interest being added to it and ultimately an embargo on your Spanish bank account.

bulldog
01-05-2014, 16:37
Thanks, TT. Exactly the sort of thing that I fear. I do have someone there who picked up the note from my postbox. Trouble is they are about to come back to UK for 2 weeks. Do you know how long the Correos holds onto a letter before returning it to sender? It might take a while to get the details you describe together....could I set it up here in UK and then simply send it to my friend by email for her to print off? Many thanks, Nick

ask your friends to take the correos note to the SAC office at the side of Cultural centre
in Los Cristianos [if your prop.is in Arona area] they will be able to tell them what office sent
it and what its about if they explain your situation I,m sure they,ll help some staff speak
English,good luck.

nickinexeter
01-05-2014, 16:44
Thanks Bulldog.....unfortunately it is in north Tenerife. Not much English spoken in the Correos there, or anywhere else!

bulldog
01-05-2014, 16:57
Thanks Bulldog.....unfortunately it is in north Tenerife. Not much English spoken in the Correos there, or anywhere else!

Sac office is,nt the post office its a government office they are all over the island ,its the quickest way to find out
who sent it they may not give your friends details but they will tell them what office sent it and what that office
deals with ,to me it would be a quick way of knowing what you,re dealing with its got to be worth a shot there,s always
someone who speaks enough English to get basic info.

TenerifeTeddy
01-05-2014, 22:47

I think the normal duration is 14 days that the letter is held for, it normally says how long it will be held on the actual avisos. You could do all the paperwork by email and send it to your friend to print out.

timmylish
02-05-2014, 01:04
If I could just intercede in this by adding that, from personal experience, use faxing for the instructions copy docs etc. I know I know its a bit old world but there you are. We have found out, in the past when dealing with Govt. Agencies that they don,t like things copied from the internet. Don,t ask why 'cause I don,t know.
Best of luck.

bulldog
02-05-2014, 12:14
nick on the reverse side of the aviso you can authorize someone to collect the letter for you ,if your friend was
willing they could fill it out as if they were you they will have to show their I.D. to collect it anyway its not a
real big deal, I think its probably to do with IBI.[rates on property]] If it was for money they normally come from
Agencia Tributaria

nickinexeter
03-05-2014, 15:43
Update. My friend did go down to try and get it. Pretended to be me, armed with my passport no and nie no. Did not succeed. Problem was that it was the single chance, as she has come over to UK for two weeks today. Now I am stuck as she has the correos note, so no-one else knows what the item is etc. This could be BIG trouble as I think I may know what SICTF may be. I believe it is the property registry. When I bought my house I paid just below the asking price but the agent did say that the tax people might value the property at E100,000 more. It was a good deal, but that is how to sell a property at present. So, if thus is the case, it might be a challenge to the amount paid. Evidently, if they decide it is worth a lot more then they can add an extra bill for Plusvalia onto what has already been paid. 9% of 100k is a lot of money, and it could be even more than that. Plus there could be a fine if not paid on time.....at the very least, it would be best to know if this is it. I can make a very good case that I paid the right price, but the window for making an appeal may be disappearing fast. Anyone had any experience of such things before?
Unfortunately I am ill, so there is no possibility of going back out to deal with the situation right now.

canarybird
03-05-2014, 18:34
Nick check your message box... I've just sent a note about someone who may know what the letter is about.

Goldenmaniac
05-05-2014, 16:48
this is not SICTF its Consorcio S/C TF ie Consorcio de Tributos de Santa Cruz de Tenerife, it's almost certainly something you owe, could be Plus Valia, but could also be IBI (Rates) Rubbish collection, waste water charges, Car road tax. Which office you go to depends on where you live in Tenerife.