PDA

View Full Version : Shopping Can anyone suggest a sweet white wine in Tenerife?

jandy
01-05-2014, 17:18
Looking for a sweet white wine that is not too expensive, I quite like San valentino, what else is there that tatses much the same, have tried a few semi sweet wines but they have seemed dry to me. Shop in Mercadona, hiperdino and spanish style.

macdonald5
01-05-2014, 17:44
Looking for a sweet white wine that is not too expensive, I quite like San valentino, what else is there that tatses much the same, have tried a few semi sweet wines but they have seemed dry to me. Shop in Mercadona, hiperdino and spanish style.

Liria do a decent semi seco one( wine is slightly yellow colour), they also do a drier one so watch label Under €3 if memory ok
also Diamonte ? Slightly more expensive
Comportillo is under €2 and very drinkable ,also L'antigon very reasonable taste and price !!
We usually shop at Mercadona

marbro8
01-05-2014, 17:50
Looking for a sweet white wine that is not too expensive, I quite like San valentino, what else is there that tatses much the same, have tried a few semi sweet wines but they have seemed dry to me. Shop in Mercadona, hiperdino and spanish style.i usually order a glass of sweet white in a bar or restaurant then if i like it i just ask where you can buy it , that way you will only have spent a couple of euros to find out instead of doing what i usually do and buy a bottle to tip it down the drain if it's to dry;)

CIM
02-05-2014, 09:44
Flor de Chasna afrutado - very sweet, very nice wine. There is a white (Blanco Sensacion) and a Rose. Around 7.50€ a bottle although they can be had for closer to 5 if you are a business.
Or you could go for Echo Falls Zinfandel Rose or Blossom Hill Zinfandel Rose, nice, fruity wine for about a fiver. Good options although side by side nowhere near as good as the Flor de Chasna.