PDA

View Full Version : Other Are the bars busy in the El Mirador area of Los Cristianos?

marbro8
01-05-2014, 17:42
as we will be over in a couple of days i was just wondering if it was busy in the bars around el mirador? we usually struggle to get a table at taylors if it is any later than about 7.00 pm, shambles is usually ok, we couldn't get a table at all at margaritas in october unless we pre- booked;)

Angusjim
01-05-2014, 18:04
as we will be over in a couple of days i was just wondering if it was busy in the bars around el mirador? we usually struggle to get a table at taylors if it is any later than about 7.00 pm, shambles is usually ok, we couldn't get a table at all at margaritas in october unless we pre- booked;)

Bars on the strip apart from Taylors never seemed very busy and we booked a table when we went to Margarites and all tables were full night we went.:)

primrose
01-05-2014, 18:27
The bars near Paloma Beach have been very quiet during the day some with nobody in.

marbro8
01-05-2014, 19:21
Bars on the strip apart from Taylors never seemed very busy and we booked a table when we went to Margarites and all tables were full night we went.:)looks like we will have to pick a few good nights and book then cheers;)

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

The bars near Paloma Beach have been very quiet during the day some with nobody in. by paloma beach do you mean diamonds, penny farthing and the like?:)

primrose
01-05-2014, 19:34
looks like we will have to pick a few good nights and book then cheers;)

by paloma beach do you mean diamonds, penny farthing and the like?:)

Yes, Penny farthing just re-opened again by the people that had Churchills.

marbro8
01-05-2014, 19:43
Yes, Penny farthing just re-opened again by the people that had Churchills.oh rite, so have they moved from churchills to there or do they still own both? we like to pop into churchills a couple of times on our stay for a nice pint of san migel;)

9PLUS
01-05-2014, 20:06
Passarela is doing really well.

mully
01-05-2014, 20:08
oh rite, so have they moved from churchills to there or do they still own both? we like to pop into churchills a couple of times on our stay for a nice pint of san migel;)

They don't own at Churchills anymore,called in for a pint on Monday and think it had just reopened,with new owners.Liked a san Miguel there myself,and where exactly is there new bar?

primrose
01-05-2014, 20:21
oh rite, so have they moved from churchills to there or do they still own both? we like to pop into churchills a couple of times on our stay for a nice pint of san migel;)

No they just have Penny Farthing somebody said the people that own Churchills are running it now,the lager they have at the Penny Farthing is Dorada and Estrella.

They don't own at Churchills anymore,called in for a pint on Monday and think it had just reopened,with new owners.Liked a san Miguel there myself,and where exactly is there new bar?

It is in the row of bars in front of Paloma Beach.

tub
01-05-2014, 21:31
me and the wife were only saying this morning there does not seem to be many people about thats in san eugenio

junglejim
01-05-2014, 21:35
me and the wife were only saying this morning there does not seem to be many people about thats in san eugenio
Quietened down significantly in San Eugenio after Easter , our complex is only half full at present with no kids - great!!
Will get a bit quieter now until mid- June then pick up - some bars will struggle if they have not factored in the dead months of May/june .

karinagal
01-05-2014, 22:07
Don't know about the bars but when I was down Las Vistas way earlier today the beach was heaving with people.. Sun loungers and umbrellas as far as the eye could see.. The restaurants along the front were mostly busy too..

primrose
01-05-2014, 22:11
Don't know about the bars but when I was down Las Vistas way earlier today the beach was heaving with people.. Sun loungers and umbrellas as far as the eye could see.. The restaurants along the front were mostly busy too..

It was a Bank Holiday today, so would be busy as most of the locals head to the beach.

karinagal
01-05-2014, 22:12
It was a Bank Holiday today, so would be busy as most of the locals head to the beach.

Of course! I hadn't taken that into account! :D

primrose
01-05-2014, 22:14
Of course! I hadn't taken that into account! :D

The nudist beach near Arona Gran had lot's of locals on, always a lot on there when it's a holiday.

karinagal
01-05-2014, 22:15
The nudist beach near Arona Gran had lot's of locals on, always a lot on there when it's a holiday.

Do you not mean always a lot off?!!!

primrose
01-05-2014, 22:18
Do you not mean always a lot off?!!!

Would I look at that????:eyebrows:

marbro8
02-05-2014, 08:22
Would I look at that????:eyebrows:well at least they are in the right place;):D

Angusjim
02-05-2014, 13:06
The bars near Paloma Beach have been very quiet during the day some with nobody in.

The only one that had a few in when we were over in the afternoons was the one with the Welsh flag can't remember its name

Malteser Monkey
02-05-2014, 13:13

Now we now where to find you:crazy::D

primrose
02-05-2014, 13:15
Now we now where to find you:crazy::D

Do you mean on the Balcony with my Binoculars.:wow:

The only one that had a few in when we were over in the afternoons was the one with the Welsh flag can't remember its name

Polygon.......Seems to be the most popular at the moment.

Malteser Monkey
02-05-2014, 13:20
Polygon.......Seems to be the most popular at the moment.

Unusual name for a Welsh bar

primrose
02-05-2014, 13:30
Unusual name for a Welsh bar

Yeh don't know why it's got that name, it has the Welsh Flag but I think that was from the previous owners and the new owners just kept the name and flag.

Medman
02-05-2014, 13:41
Yeh don't know why it's got that name, it has the Welsh Flag but I think that was from the previous owners and the new owners just kept the name and flag.

Apparently the previous owner's parrot died and the flag was flying at half mast. Out of respect for Polly the new owners did not change things. . :crazy:

essexeddie
02-05-2014, 15:57
Its always been a Welsh bar.

Terrynsue
02-05-2014, 16:12
The parrot is not dead, it is not an ex parrot it is a norwegian blue!,

junglejim
02-05-2014, 17:56
Is it Sevco ?

imablue
02-05-2014, 21:09

Norwegian blue ..must be a liverpool supporter then

doreen
02-05-2014, 22:07

Love that sketch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vuW6tQ0218

Dave-Durham
10-05-2014, 07:05
Nudist beach? I've been staying in that area 2 or 3 times a year for about 12 years now and didn't know there was a nudist beach?

primrose
10-05-2014, 09:41
Nudist beach? I've been staying in that area 2 or 3 times a year for about 12 years now and didn't know there was a nudist beach?

It's in between Parque Tropical 111 and Costa Mar,you will be able to get an all over tan now you know about it, just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it isn't there.

Dave-Durham
11-05-2014, 15:31
It's in between Parque Tropical 111 and Costa Mar,you will be able to get an all over tan now you know about it, just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it isn't there.
I've walked that stretch a hundred times and never seen a naked person, must pay more attention :doh:

blondie
12-05-2014, 14:19
I've walked that stretch a hundred times and never seen a naked person, must pay more attention :doh:

Well wedid last week and it was not a pretty sight lol Its not the best of beaches to lie on as its all rock

Medman
12-05-2014, 14:50
Well wedid last week and it was not a pretty sight lol Its not the best of beaches to lie on as its all rock

Not like Gailes beach then Blondie (allegedly) , :eyebrows:

murph
13-05-2014, 16:29

Well they'd hardly want a Sandy one - you know it gets errm Everywhere!!

:laugh: :devil2:

kingbaker
13-05-2014, 18:11
I was sunbathing there naked once, and the Policia had to use teargas to disperse the hoards of wild women assembled there. I was really frickened......phew!!:D

Medman
13-05-2014, 19:36
I was sunbathing there naked once, and the Policia had to use teargas to disperse the hoards of wild women assembled there. I was really frickened......phew!!:D

It's a popular destination for the Blind Institute apparently ............... :cool::D

essexeddie
14-05-2014, 20:43
Its a natural beach with a bit of sand and rocks. Just past Costa Mar. Been there loads of times as we had an apartment on Paloma Beach some time ago. Don't go there much now. Its a bit Pervy now. The nudes used to go further along at the end but they are all over now. Its not very nice. Mostly men as you would expect.

Ecky Thump
01-03-2015, 01:13
Have there been any recent changes of ownership of the bars by El Mirador or any face lifts as some of them were beginning to look shabby.?

kingbaker
01-03-2015, 04:12
Yeah a lot of Scotttish flags at half mast....dunnno why!!:p

Angusjim
01-03-2015, 08:40

You are a complete trolling FUD

martincrabb99
01-03-2015, 10:28
But are Scottish flags at half mast!

Ecky Thump
01-03-2015, 11:50
Have there been any recent changes of ownership of the bars by El Mirador or any face lifts as some of them were beginning to look shabby.?

You are a complete trolling FUD

But are Scottish flags at half mast!

KB who replied to my post appears to enjoy making inane, witless, annoying, nonsensicle, stupid replies aimed at Scotland and the Scottish people at every opportunity and seems to think it's clever and amusing.

I asked a question where I wanted to know it any of the bars on the area around El Mirador had recently been improved and the answer received was somehow linked to Scottish flags being aledgidly flown at half mast and this from a forum member who hasn't been to Tenerife for years???

primrose
01-03-2015, 11:56
O`Jangles has closed down but it has been bought by a couple from London, Harvey's has re-opened, the rest are as normal. They will get quieter soon on a Sunday when the old market re-opens.

Ecky Thump
01-03-2015, 12:03
O`Jangles has closed down but it has been bought by a couple from London, Shambles has re-opened, the rest are as normal. They will get quieter soon on a Sunday when the old market re-opens.

Thanks Primrose, last November when we were there, O'Jangles was being run by a Chinese family, Micky's appeared to closed on several days a week, Harvey's was closed and the Shambles was in need of new furniture, some of the restaurants were busy, but the bars in general appeared to be very quiet.

primrose
01-03-2015, 13:29
Thanks Primrose, last November when we were there, O'Jangles was being run by a Chinese family, Micky's appeared to closed on several days a week, Harvey's was closed and the Shambles was in need of new furniture, some of the restaurants were busy, but the bars in general appeared to be very quiet.
Sorry meant to say Harveys not Shambles.Some do seem quiet and a few nights when we went past Taylor's was closed, might have been on holiday.

blondie
01-03-2015, 15:57
Sorry meant to say Harveys not Shambles.Some do seem quiet and a few nights when we went past Taylor's was closed, might have been on holiday.

I am surprised to hear the bars in that area are quiet as there really not many places with entertainment for folk to go to in LC either that or we did not look in the right places. I find now as we are getting on a bit , we have done enough walking through the day, when it comes to night wherever we have our dinner is where we spend the night ,never been chucked oot yet.

Ecky Thump
01-03-2015, 16:11
I am surprised to hear the bars in that area are quiet as there really not many places with entertainment for folk to go to in LC either that or we did not look in the right places. I find now as we are getting on a bit , we have done enough walking through the day, when it comes to night wherever we have our dinner is where we spend the night ,never been chucked oot yet.

The one place that appears to be doing well is the La Pepa Food Market above the Passarela supermarket, which was really busy when we were there in November and it's good to see that so many local people have found employment there.

melm
01-03-2015, 16:15

Its all a bit boring now KB. :neener:

Carol55
01-03-2015, 16:20
Its all a bit boring now KB. :neener:

In small doses it's fun, but the ridicule has gone beyond fun and as you have pointed out, it's too repetitive and boring.:spin:

melm
01-03-2015, 16:23
In small doses it's fun, but the ridicule has gone beyond fun and as you have pointed out, it's too repetitive and boring.:spin:

Its time he changed the record. Seems to be stuck on one theme at the moment :nono:

marbro8
01-03-2015, 16:34
The one place that appears to be doing well is the La Pepa Food Market above the Passarela supermarket, which was really busy when we were there in November and it's good to see that so many local people have found employment there.we start every night up there around 6.30 pm, a few pre dinner cheesy nacho's and a couple of estrella especial's while watching the last of the sun go down:wink:

Carol55
01-03-2015, 16:39
we start every night up there around 6.30 pm, a few pre dinner cheesy nacho's and a couple of estrella especial's while watching the last of the sun go down:wink:

Mark, you didn't have to tell him, we were there with you!!:laugh:

Then again at 2am when you were talking in a strange "Gibberish" language that only made sense to you.:drunk:

Ecky Thump
01-03-2015, 19:33
Mark, you didn't have to tell him, we were there with you!!:laugh:

Then again at 2am when you were talking in a strange "Gibberish" language that only made sense to you.:drunk:

What you thought was marbro8 and I talking Gibberish was us having a in-depth debate about the economics of oil exploration in the Himalayan mountains and it's possible effects on the local Nepalese population and the bordering Chinese peoples local customs.:raspberry2:

TOTO 99
01-03-2015, 19:44
What you thought was marbro8 and I talking Gibberish was us having a in depth debate about the economics of oil exploration in the Himalayan mountains and it's possible effects on the local Nepalese population and the bordering Chinese peoples local customs.:raspberry2:

marbro8?........In depth debate?......Nah, people are gonna see right through this one Ecky...:laugh:

marbro8
01-03-2015, 20:22
What you thought was marbro8 and I talking Gibberish was us having a in-depth debate about the economics of oil exploration in the Himalayan mountains and it's possible effects on the local Nepalese population and the bordering Chinese peoples local customs.:raspberry2:no it wasn't mate i was pi@@ed:laugh:

Ecky Thump
02-03-2015, 11:36
The Mongolian Restaurant amazes me, there are generally more staff than customers and yet the restaurant remains open, the equipment and general fittings must have cost a fortune....I wonder who the rich backer is?

no it wasn't mate i was pi@@ed:laugh:

The young Glaswegian barmaid from Manhatten's told you the correct terminology, it is either "Plain Pished", or "Oot yer Heid".:crylaughing: