PDA

View Full Version : Advice wanted What are the average costs of running a shop in Tenerife?

spainfinder
02-05-2014, 11:34
Hi Guys
just looking for a bit of advice regarding the on-going costs for running a shop in Tenerife ,

after rent what would the average cost be, rates , electric , phone , internet etc..

just an average if anyone can help?

cheers

bonitatime
02-05-2014, 11:37
Phone we pay about 40€ eléctric we pay 30€ in one And 50€ in the other
We have no air conditioning in either
Rubbish is a big cost but i don't have it to hand

spainfinder
02-05-2014, 11:41
Hi Bonitatime

Thank you for your reply !

are there any other on going costs you can advise me of?

bonitatime
02-05-2014, 13:11
Water, community, the 21% of the rent you need to pay the tax man which your landlord may forget to mention until after you sign (takes all sorts)

TenerifeTeddy
02-05-2014, 13:48
Other costs as stated plus Basura for us is €160 twice a year. Don't forget the cost of the Opening Licence, Projecto, Boletin (if needed) & insurances. Oh and Autonomo varies accoring to age but mine is €284 per month.

doreen
02-05-2014, 19:47
Other costs as stated plus Basura for us is €160 twice a year. Don't forget the cost of the Opening Licence, Projecto, Boletin (if needed) & insurances. Oh and Autonomo varies accoring to age but mine is €284 per month.

spainfinder, do you know the system here ... I ask because some of the items above can cost thousands (hopefully once off, but then again, the Town Hall people have a way of finding problems and getting you do more work before they issue a licence :(

spainfinder
02-05-2014, 20:34
Hi Doreen
Thank you for your rely

I don't know the system in Tenerife, although I lived in Spain for 3 years till 2005 , so have my nie and social number.
I was employed so don't no much about self employment except hat it is expensive per month.
I was planning to go back to Spain , Costa Blanca where I still have contacts but after visiting Tenerife realise there is much more a year round potential for business.
im just trying to establish what my on-going costs are going to be for when I arrive fulltime , in the meantime I hope to be visiting to establish contacts.

doreen
02-05-2014, 22:03
I hope you have also been investigated your set up costs ... you can either buy a traspasso (take over an existing business which might or might not have the correct paperwork) or start from scratch where you will have to present a Project to the Town Hall (most speak of a cost of around 2.000 euros), your landlord will most likely want a few months rent as a deposit - some ask for an Aval (a bank guarantee) etc etc

bonitatime
03-05-2014, 07:48
In Adeje project for a small unit for a shop can be got for 250€ PM me for the name of the Technical people who do it
In Los Cris Things are a little more complicated And more expensive but again i Know people who do it
Adeje have always let you pay the Opening license over 6 months
We are in the process of thinking about moving so I have the costs on my mind

TenerifeTeddy
03-05-2014, 08:59
When we opened Callao Learning Centre in November 2011, the project cost us about €1800, plus an additional €250 for the inspection for the boletin. The Opening Licence on the 104sqm local was €700.

kingbaker
03-05-2014, 10:35
At the risk of being accused of being negative can I suggest that you DO NOT invest any money in anything. As you say, you know nothing about being self employed.

9PLUS
03-05-2014, 19:01
En General you don't need a Proyecto for a shop

KirstyJay
03-05-2014, 23:51
Rubbish is a big cost but i don't have it to handWe pay about 180€ a year per local in Guia de Isora. I think the cost of basura depends on the locality you're in.

KirstyJay
03-05-2014, 23:57
We had to pay for the project, 350€
Registration at the town hall, 175€ (but this depends on your business, so can vary)
Electric cert. 200€, but only because the local needed a new one
we paid NO deposit and we negotiated 250€ a month rent on the local, so it can be done, but you really have to have people willing to verify you as a person that won't do a runner to get a better rate....
We have now rented the local next door on the same rates, so we don't have to pay extra registration charges etc, as it's considered an 'ampliación de proyecto'.

spainfinder
04-05-2014, 14:44
Thank you for all you feed back, I am taking it all in! even negative !
the reason for the questions is to establish whether or not what I am doing is going to work? as for being self employed I don't suppose any business would be around if it where not for starting self employed? I do have my own business in the UK as well as some internet based business , which are based around Spain

bonitatime
05-05-2014, 15:47
En General you don't need a Proyecto for a shop

My understanding is you don't need an electric project but you do need a general one

9PLUS
05-05-2014, 16:13
My understanding is you don't need an electric project but you do need a general one

That would of been an "Inocua" dear doubt there's anything in your lovely shop that required a project.

bonitatime
05-05-2014, 19:13
Nether the less the town hall required one in triplicate with one copy on a disc
And still needs one as i down loaded their requirements last week

doreen
05-05-2014, 20:40
If you were thinking of something like a Real Estate Office, then a project would be necessary, I guess :)

kingbaker
06-05-2014, 05:25
Its a wonder any business opens considering thw bull you have to go thru. :(