PDA

View Full Version : Other New Lidl in Puerto de la Cruz

curriegirl
03-05-2014, 17:05
Can anyone tell me if the new Lidl near the Loro Parque and the maritim Hotel/Las Dehesas Puerto de la cruz has opened yet?

SeanC
11-05-2014, 23:50
Can anyone tell me if the new Lidl near the Loro Parque and the maritim Hotel/Las Dehesas Puerto de la cruz has opened yet?

No, not yet, curriegirl. I've heard it should be open in May but I'd say it'll be June at the earliest. The bones of the building were up when I passed by a week ago so still a bit to go!

curriegirl
18-05-2014, 17:47
Thanks so much, at last someone has answered my question, I thought maybe I had got it wrong. I suppose the shops in Toscal /La Longuera won't be too happy, but I have tried and tried to use these shops to keep business coming to the area, but Unfortunately some of the shop keepers are very rude, even when I am trying my best Spanish. Should be open when we return then.
Thanks again

SeanC
24-06-2014, 13:48
I suppose the shops in Toscal /La Longuera won't be too happy, but I have tried and tried to use these shops to keep business coming to the area, but Unfortunately some of the shop keepers are very rude, even when I am trying my best Spanish.

That's a pity. Competition on their doorstep might be no harm then, might put manners on them somewhat.

Should be open when we return then.

FYI the site is still very much a work in progress. Can't see it being open before September at this point.

curriegirl
16-07-2014, 19:30
Thanks sean c for the update. Wonder why it is taking so long. Usually this type of build is put up very quickly.

Ricky
10-10-2014, 21:40
It is open now. At least from September.
It is even open at Sundays. :-)
We visit the new Lidl about three times a week, that says a lot.