PDA

View Full Version : Other Be vigilant. I was burgled in Las Chafiras in the middle of the day

specialk
04-05-2014, 01:52
Be careful people my apartment was robbed 2 days ago middle of the day up las Chafiras Samsung tablet and a safe with my holiday money in that's 2 weeks away so wouldn't want it to happen to anyone else.

Chine
04-05-2014, 07:42
Really sorry to hear that . There was a burglary at the the palms golf del sur about 2 weeks ago late evening tv jewellery and money taken , also another 2 were reported in the weeks before we got there , terrible they need stringing up!

macdonald5
04-05-2014, 09:29
What a rotten thing to experience, bad enough your hard earned money and belongings getting stolen by low life but even the thought of them in your home is horrible. Hope you can still manage to have your holiday Best wishes

princessmonika
04-05-2014, 09:35
how did they get in ?????? did they break the doors down?? was the safe on the wall ?????-- i was nearly broken in over a year ago , but they could not break the locks , because it had a treble locking system , and the windows had also locks - sorry to hear that you have being broken in-

candy2411
04-05-2014, 09:44
sorry to hear this, but thanks for telling everyone, helps people stay vigilant. Hope insurance covers and you enjoy your holiday regardless.

princessmonika
04-05-2014, 09:51
i dont think insurance covers anyone for money stolen--

specialk
04-05-2014, 10:11
no sign of forced entry its all a bit strange to be honest there was a spanish guy trying to get in the gate of the complex saying he was a post man when it was quite clear he wasnt and on the same day i had a locksmith out to repair the lock through tenerife long lets but they are adamant hes squeeky clean all a bit of a conisidence but its all guessing games todays a new day

candy2411
04-05-2014, 10:24
did you leave any door or windows open? or are you saying the thief let themselves in with a key ?!!! like your positive attitude specialk but if it were me I'd be looking for answers

specialk
04-05-2014, 10:47
it seems that way if i look for answers all im doing is getting my self closer to a jail sentence i find out who it is if i thought the cash wouldnt be spent the tablet not sold id hunt them down but if i find them i wont have my things back so just taking it as a harsh lesson.

bulldog
04-05-2014, 11:30
really sorry to hear that,you,re taking the right attitude don,t let them inside your head,I know the feeling
just best to move on,I,ve seen a little device in ferreteria Chafiras its a movement detector with built in alarm
you just set it when you go out and place it close to the most vulnerable area it was only 30 euros or so.
very loud, might just help.good luck.

Tshirt
04-05-2014, 11:43
i dont think insurance covers anyone for money stolen--

My travel insurance covered me for the cash lost when I had my wallet lifted, not all of it but 3/4 of it. I think they have a limit on how much they cover and it depends on the excess you pay.

candy2411
04-05-2014, 12:06
it seems that way if i look for answers all im doing is getting my self closer to a jail sentence i find out who it is if i thought the cash wouldnt be spent the tablet not sold id hunt them down but if i find them i wont have my things back so just taking it as a harsh lesson.

but if it was a key, then you're going to insist management company change locks surely..........

Angusjim
04-05-2014, 12:07
My travel insurance covered me for the cash lost when I had my wallet lifted, not all of it but 3/4 of it. I think they have a limit on how much they cover and it depends on the excess you pay.

But you would have to report to police to claim on your insurance and I see no mention that they have been informed

firemanfoz
04-05-2014, 12:18
Sorry for your rotten experience, my wife and I realise that we have been a bit lax security wise lately so I hope everyone takes this opportunity to review their habits both at home and on the streets.

honda
04-05-2014, 12:38
Sorry to hear about this.
Not all break ins have smashed windows and kicked in doors. As a qualified uk Locksmith I know how easy it is to get into a property without making a noise or leaving any damage.
Apartments in Tenerife change hands so often or are rented out on long let without having locks changed, anyone could have a key. It is inviting trouble. Ask your land lord if you can get the locks changed, each time you move into an apartment. (Is law in uk with rented properties).
Can't go into detail, but please, please, LOCK THE DOOR by turning the key in the lock and engaging the dead bolt. DO NOT just close the door and think it is secure.
If this info helps one person, I will be happy.

Madre
04-05-2014, 13:58
But how did they get in to the safe ? or was that stolen as well

specialk
04-05-2014, 15:31
the safe was new and not bolted down my own stupidity for leaving my cash in the safe because i allways tell people the first thing someone will take is the safe empty or full.

the guardia did come to the apartment but were useless my next door neighbour ATTEMPTED to speak to them for me in spanish and they just did not want to hear anything.

the locks will be changed when i move into my next apartment after my holiday im out of there.

anyway thank you guys but im done with what has happened send me self crazy otherwise and end up hurting the wrong person

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

tomorrows a new day

slodgedad
04-05-2014, 15:48
Where abouts are you in Chafiras? Same thing happened to a near neighbour of mine in Biltmore this week.

specialk
04-05-2014, 23:26
Built Moore

What numbers ya neighbour probably me

Easier to just find a new apartment once I'm back on the island in the mean time a hand full of friends from the UK house sitting for me well I am away