PDA

View Full Version : What are the baggage restrictions on Easyjet?

Mr s
05-05-2014, 13:30
I have recently booked easy jet flights to tenerife from
Bristol over Xmas/NYr. Flights were quite expensive so
Only booked 1 bag in the hold to cut costs.

Just woulnderd if any one could help regarding cabin baggage, i know there is no weight limit on cabin baggage.

Bit confused, does this mean I can take 1bag & my wife
Can take 1 bag including her hand bag.

I know the limit is 50x40x20cm. Does that mean I can take 1 this size and also my wife can take 1 the same size.

Can she also take her handbag or would this have to go in
Hand baggage.

Thanks alot

Angusjim
05-05-2014, 13:57
I have recently booked easy jet flights to tenerife from
Bristol over Xmas/NYr. Flights were quite expensive so
Only booked 1 bag in the hold to cut costs.

Just woulnderd if any one could help regarding cabin baggage, i know there is no weight limit on cabin baggage.

Bit confused, does this mean I can take 1bag & my wife
Can take 1 bag including her hand bag.

I know the limit is 50x40x20cm. Does that mean I can take 1 this size and also my wife can take 1 the same size.

Can she also take her handbag or would this have to go in
Hand baggage.

Thanks alot

Have a read thru this http://support.easyjet.com/request.do?view()=c%7bc7b3bfc0-ced8-11e2-ef6e-000000000000%7d :tiphat:

TOTO 99
05-05-2014, 15:28
To answer one of your questions, Yes, you can both have a cabin bag each and I believe, another small bag each for the bits you might need on the flight.......

So you won't be up down, up down, every 5 minutes....which as you can tell, doesn't get on my nerves one little bit...:fryingpan:...........:lol:

essexeddie
05-05-2014, 15:48
To answer one of your questions, Yes, you can both have a cabin bag each and I believe, another small bag each for the bits you might need on the flight.......

So you won't be up down, up down, every 5 minutes....which as you can tell, doesn't get on my nerves one little bit...:fryingpan:...........:lol:

Errr! not normally, only one piece of hand luggage each. Some enforce it and some don't. Depends on the staff. Been going three times a year with Easyjet for years now. They even picked up my wifes small hand bag once, we had to pack it in the hand luggage and when we got on the plane we took it out.

Angusjim
05-05-2014, 15:50
It is all quite clear in the link that I put up:tiphat:

Susief
05-05-2014, 18:07

Think you are mixing Easyjet up with Ryanair. Only allowed one cabin bag per person, no handbags, has to be put in case. Once you're on board you're okay.

TOTO 99
05-05-2014, 19:45
Sorry everyone...It was never my intention to mislead anyone.

I've been out with easyjet a couple of times this year and not had any issues whatsoever....

I have also been with Ryanair so there is a good chance that I've mixed them up.

Next week I'll be with Easyjet again but it's hand luggage only...I will have a small bag with me...but she'll kill me if she finds out I called her that..:tiphat:

Susief
05-05-2014, 19:54
Sorry everyone...It was never my intention to mislead anyone.

I've been out with easyjet a couple of times this year and not had any issues whatsoever....

I have also been with Ryanair so there is a good chance that I've mixed them up.

Next week I'll be with Easyjet again but it's hand luggage only...I will have a small bag with me...but she'll kill me if she finds out I called her that..:tiphat:

Didn't think you'd misled anybody Toto. It's easy to get them mixed up.

karinagal
05-05-2014, 22:26
I note however that Easyjet do mention that you are allowed one bag of duty free goods as well as your cabin bag.. That's good to know..

Angusjim
06-05-2014, 06:52
I note however that Easyjet do mention that you are allowed one bag of duty free goods as well as your cabin bag.. That's good to know..
You would have to watch that your handbag does not fall into one of them empty duty free bags:lol:

Hamish Healys
16-05-2014, 23:08
Sorry. Never been on any Easyjet flights to Tenerife. Been flying a lot though and my wife and I have never had a problem with one cabin bag each and she, with her handbag.

kathml
17-05-2014, 09:36
Women's handbags are getting so large I can see a severe clampdown coming shortly
Think it sometimes depends on how busy flight is the busier it is the less space available usually you'll get away with a small bag

essexeddie
17-05-2014, 16:28
We have bought duty free goods or even sandwiches and obtained a carrier bag for them so my wife can put her hand bag in it. Done that a few times.