PDA

View Full Version : Should we apply for residency in Tenerife or not?

rfos2
06-05-2014, 17:14
Hi everyone,
pleased to say that we have finally relocated to Tenerife from the UK, after finally finding the apartment that we wanted in Golf Del Sur. My question is as both my wife and I are in receipt of UK state pensions should we apply for residency, if only for the obvious health benefits????

Hepa
06-05-2014, 17:43
Hi everyone,
pleased to say that we have finally relocated to Tenerife from the UK, after finally finding the apartment that we wanted in Golf Del Sur. My question is as both my wife and I are in receipt of UK state pensions should we apply for residency, if only for the obvious health benefits????

Legally you have to apply for residencia within 90 days of residing in Spain. To do this you must supply details of income/savings and details of your health care provisions. Residencia does on provide health care, however you should let the DHSS in U.K. know that you are resident in Spain and they will supply the correct forms to take to the Social Security office here, and because you are pensioners they will provide Spanish health care provisions here, free of charge.

junglejim
06-05-2014, 17:46
What you have to do is apply for a certifcado de residencia if you stay longer than 3 months -thatīs the law , itīs not a Residency -it just means you are registered as staying in Canaries .
If you are of State pension age and in receipt of a State Pension , you can register in the Spanish state system and withdraw from UK NHS - see Diana Mc Gloneīs website for more information on both issues . Also known on here as Goldenmaniac .
If you are staying here full time,it would be sensible to be registered in local Health Service , you may need advice on this - Diana can helpwith this .

https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-in-spain

http://www.diana-mcglone.com/

sapper2403
07-05-2014, 11:44
You should also register on the Padron at the town hall has the government gets more money from Spain. The more people that sign on the more chance of getting the pot holes filled in

junglejim
07-05-2014, 12:02
You should also register on the Padron at the town hall has the government gets more money from Spain. The more people that sign on the more chance of getting the pot holes filled in
Correct, but you need the Certificado de Residencia before you can do anything else .

sapper2403
08-05-2014, 10:26
We did it all ourselves and it was very frustrating at times you do a lot of filling of forms and queueing so i would phone helping hands has i think they help you do everything.

junglejim
08-05-2014, 10:30
We did it all ourselves and it was very frustrating at times you do a lot of filling of forms and queueing so i would phone helping hands has i think they help you do everything.
Yes, time for the classic Video !

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2wtbQUaC9mE

Hepa
08-05-2014, 11:41
We are fortunate here on El Hierro, there are only four English on the island, so applying for residency was made so easy by the office staff, who are most helpful.