PDA

View Full Version : New Pound Pubs in the UK. Is it a good thing?

KirstyJay
08-05-2014, 11:57
People have commented in the past how the cost of a pint in the UK is so prohibitive that people are choosing to drink indoors...

So what are the opinions about the new chain of 'PoundPubs' then? I'd be interested to hear.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/poundpubs-fury-over-plans-open-3279126

Malteser Monkey
08-05-2014, 12:02
flipping eck what with this edit - it has remove my original message

kingbaker
08-05-2014, 12:05
People have commented in the past how the cost of a pint in the UK is so prohibitive that people are choosing to drink indoors...

So what are the opinions about the new chain of 'PoundPubs' then? I'd be interested to hear.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/poundpubs-fury-over-plans-open-3279126

Will book a flight to Manchester asap!!!

Any planned for Brumingumshire in the near future? :p:D;)

Malteser Monkey
08-05-2014, 12:10
Let's try again....

I prefer to stay in these days - last couple of times I've been out in Llandudno with work mates it has cost £6.00 for a large 'ish glass of wine.

that's the avg here for a bottle in a supermarket.

Aldi sell a drinkable white and a fruity red fo 3.29 and that price has only just gone up !

How much is an avg glass of red over there now ?

I think those pubs may just work KJ will read the whole article bit later

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Let's try again....

I prefer to stay in these days - last couple of times I've been out in Llandudno with work mates it has cost £6.00 for a large 'ish glass of wine.

Aldi sell a drinkable white and a fruity red fo 3.29 and that price has only just gone up !

primrose
08-05-2014, 12:34
Let's try again....

Let's try again....

Are you making sure one of your post's stays on this time. It is a bit misleading saying one pound pubs as that is only for a half.It's a long time since I was in England but I am sure you can get a can of Lager or Beer for the same price,why would you go out to stand out side in the rain and snow to have a cigarette when you can stay in and drink for the same price and the article does say no Satellite TV so no football.Oh and they are saying they are town center pubs so either bus fare or taxi fare there and back.Might make some other Pubs lower their prices.

Malteser Monkey
08-05-2014, 12:37
Are you making sure one of your post's stays on this time. It is a bit misleading saying one pound pubs as that is only for a half.It's a long time since I was in England but I am sure you can get a can of Lager or Beer for the same price,why would you go out to stand out side in the rain and snow to have a cigarette when you can stay in and drink for the same price and the article does say no Satellite TV so no football.Oh and they are saying they are town center pubs so either bus fare or taxi fare there and back.Might make some other Pubs lower their prices.

yes I agree - and no idea what's happening with my posts but I didn't want to go edit and lose it again :crazy:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/food/article-2622209/Top-plonk-Supermarket-brand-wines-wow-judges-international-competition-M-S-Morrisons-Aldi-striking-gold.html

not quite as cheap but they are probably better quality for that price

kingbaker
09-05-2014, 15:06
yes I agree - and no idea what's happening with my posts but I didn't want to go edit and lose it again :crazy:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/food/article-2622209/Top-plonk-Supermarket-brand-wines-wow-judges-international-competition-M-S-Morrisons-Aldi-striking-gold.html

not quite as cheap but they are probably better quality for that price

Ease off the Merlo maybe ;)

YOUNG GOLFER
10-05-2014, 00:33
I hope pound a pint fails.
Most of our members only come over here in Tenerife for a euro a pint.:eyebrows:

Dave-Durham
10-05-2014, 06:58
Are you making sure one of your post's stays on this time. It is a bit misleading saying one pound pubs as that is only for a half.It's a long time since I was in England but I am sure you can get a can of Lager or Beer for the same price,why would you go out to stand out side in the rain and snow to have a cigarette when you can stay in and drink for the same price and the article does say no Satellite TV so no football.Oh and they are saying they are town center pubs so either bus fare or taxi fare there and back.Might make some other Pubs lower their prices.Why not try and cut out the ciggies you'd save a fortune, wouldn't have to go outside and you'd have more money to spend on booze :cool::cool::cool:

primrose
10-05-2014, 09:46
Why not try and cut out the ciggies you'd save a fortune, wouldn't have to go outside and you'd have more money to spend on booze :cool::cool::cool:

Why not mind your own business, I was making a comment on a post that Kirsty started,I neither drink nor smoke and if this is the kind of reply people like you make what is the point.

kingbaker
10-05-2014, 12:12
Why not try and cut out the ciggies you'd save a fortune, wouldn't have to go outside and you'd have more money to spend on booze :cool::cool::cool:

Why not stop screwing up your lungs and screw up your liver instead........cause its cheaper......wonderfull;):p:D

CIM
10-05-2014, 21:01
Brilliant idea! keeps all the scumbags away from the nice places! :)

Dave-Durham
11-05-2014, 15:34
Why not stop screwing up your lungs and screw up your liver instead........cause its cheaper......wonderfull;):p:D
For what it's worth I don't drink or smoke, your post was wasted on me.

Why not mind your own business, I was making a comment on a post that Kirsty started,I neither drink nor smoke and if this is the kind of reply people like you make what is the point.
Cheers for that, I don't post on here very often, I'm sure I'll do it a lot less on the back of your reply.
PS People like me? You've neither met nor spoken to me ever, how on earth can you make judgement on my character ?

Malteser Monkey
11-05-2014, 16:13

Primrose you need to cut back on the footie too your dribbling's getting worse:respect:

I saw what you meant you were generalising not talking about you personally