PDA

View Full Version : Advice wanted about heating a community swimming pool

Dutts
10-05-2014, 12:17
Hi Folks,
There's a few of us keen to get our community pool heated, presently it's too cold to swim in from Nov to May, and yes I am nesh
Does anyone have any wisdom they can share to help with the research of this project? We are starting from scratch and aware that there are many different possibilities.

Any advice, anecdotal or otherwise would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

junglejim
10-05-2014, 12:40
Heating is expensive obviously with different types of heat exchangers costing up to €20K , depending on the size and surface area of pool . We looked at a solar heating system that had been installed at Port Royale in LC which supplements their heat exchanger , It might be worth contacting their President -very knowledgeable and helpful guy .
We are looking at installing the system for a 120m2 pool at a cost of around €36K ,but it should save us around €7K a year in electricity .
This company http://www.solarripp.com/ who operate in Tenerife -there are other systems too but this one is simple .
Heating pool will also increase the use of pool chemicals and replacement of pool water due to salt concentration .
We run our heaters from Nov -mid May at 25C until 8pm each night .
Another issue is shape of pool , if you can cover your pool at night it will significantly reduce your heat losses during colder winter nights

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Heating is expensive obviously with different types of heat exchangers costing up to €20K , depending on the size and surface area of pool . We looked at a solar heating system that had been installed at Port Royale in LC which supplements their heat exchanger , It might be worth contacting their President -very knowledgeable and helpful guy .
We are looking at installing the system for a 120m2 pool at a cost of around €36K ,but it should save us around €7K a year in electricity .
This company http://www.solarripp.com/ who operate in Tenerife -there are other systems too but this one is simple .
Heating pool will also increase the use of pool chemicals and replacement of pool water due to salt concentration .
We run our heaters from Nov -mid May at 25C until 8pm each night .
Another issue is shape of pool , if you can cover your pool at night it will significantly reduce your heat losses during colder winter nights

Westminster
10-05-2014, 16:27
This was considered at our complex, but it was considered that the running cost, mainly electricity would be too high.
Many of our owners are in arrears with the Community Charge, some owing thousands of euros, and no doubt it was felt that they would make most use of the pool.
There is an excellent heated pool open daily at the Council run Sports Center in Adeje, a swim costs around 3€.

9PLUS
10-05-2014, 16:30
Paloma Beach have a heated pool, call them and ask for John

Law
10-05-2014, 17:45
I use a calorex heatpump for my pool here in the uk pool size 10m x3.4m x1.2m deep temp 27c 365 days costs about £1200 a year. as the ambient temp in Tenerife is higher than uk the heatpump will be more efficient in Tenerife I think 4 to 1 by that I mean 1 kilowatt power in 4 kilowatt heat out.as junglejim has said pool cover help a lot