PDA

View Full Version : Advice wanted Where are the ex-pat communities in Tenerife?

marrievee
11-05-2014, 23:08
Hi All
Been a while since I posted but had to postpone our move for a while (2 new granddaughters :love::love:). But getting things back on track. My hubby will be working for his uk company remotely in tenerife and I am hoping to continue my chiropody practice starting with home visits and then poss rent a clinic. My question is where are he majority of ex pats living on the island as I would expect most of patients requiring chiropody treatment would be these.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Marie xx

timmylish
12-05-2014, 00:40
From the South Airport to Los Gigantes. Not much above the autopista, most around the coast and up to about 2 kilometers inland.

doreen
12-05-2014, 09:32
There's a member on here, boozy susie ??, who does mobile chiropody visits.

If you are doing any searches on the internet - "podologo" is the word you are looking for. I go to to a Canarian guy who speaks reasonable English and comes down from his clinic in Santa Cruz each Wednesday (have finally sorted ingrown toenails due to years of wearing too tight shoes :()

I think a clinic might be a difficult proposition - I doubt there would be significant enough demand to justify the costs.

marrievee
12-05-2014, 12:30
Thanks Doreen. ��
I think a home visiting practice is the way to go to begin with. I've checked the business pages for podologos on the island and there does not appear to be many. I'm sure with the large ageing population there is room for one more. I have a good level of Spanish also so I am trying to look into working within the health sector but this is proving a little more difficult ��.
Marie xx

woolli
13-05-2014, 08:43
Hi Marie, there are four or maybe five British chiropodists in the South already, so dont expect it to be easy to drum up business. They dont tend to advertise in the business pages, but more so in the local papers.
Also money is tight over here, so feet are not priority for alot of ex-pats.