PDA

View Full Version : Animal Chat Our cat cannot meow anymore

DonnaFranka
17-05-2014, 22:57
Hi there.

We have a wonderful 4 year old male cat, he is a rescue cat and we have had him since he was about six months old. In the last week he is loosing his meow, it`s as if he is loosing his voice. He is quite all right apart from that, he is eating and drinking and being his usual self, should I be worried ?

Thanks so much.

Dee.

primrose
17-05-2014, 23:10
Hi there.

We have a wonderful 4 year old male cat, he is a rescue cat and we have had him since he was about six months old. In the last week he is loosing his meow, it`s as if he is loosing his voice. He is quite all right apart from that, he is eating and drinking and being his usual self, should I be worried ?

Thanks so much.

Dee.

That happened to my cat about 2 years ago, sounded like it had a sore throat when it started to lose it's voice now we have silent meows,it's 17 years old and quite fit apart from that.:kittylove:

timmylish
18-05-2014, 00:38
Clearly his vocal chord has been damaged to some extent but as has been said, unlikely to cause him any real problem, if eating/drinking.

Greg
18-05-2014, 12:14
I thought my cat was losing her meow too. It turns out that I'm going deaf, my girlfriend can here her just fine! :(