PDA

View Full Version : ABA in Tenerife

emmalouise
18-05-2014, 15:48
Hi there,

My family are planning a move to Tenerife for around July 2015. One of my children has autism and although he attends school here in the UK we use an ABA home education programme with him out with school hours. When we move to Tenerife we plan to home school him full time using the ABA approach as there isn't a suitable school for him. I'm really looking for advice on how easy people think it will be to find people to work as tutors with my son? ABA experience isn't necessary as they would be given full training by a consultant and also hopefully one of his current tutors who we are hoping will come over with us for a few months to help get everything running smoothly! They would have to speak good english though. Currently we employ University students.

Does anyone know of anyone running a similar programme?

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Emma

Hepa
18-05-2014, 16:02
Emma,

You need to do more research, I believe home schooling in Spain is illegal, if you try this site you will have a wider audience, I know for a fact the subject has been discussed there before, look for the Spain section on http://www.expatforum.com

emmalouise
18-05-2014, 16:05
Emma,

You need to do more research, I believe home schooling in Spain is illegal, if you try this site you will have a wider audience, I know for a fact the subject has been discussed there before, look for the Spain section on http://www.expatforum.com

Thank you, going to have a look now!

MrsTT
18-05-2014, 22:17
Home schooling is considered illegal by the Spanish authorities. Children of school age are required to attend a recognised school which is why we are working so hard to gain the ID number for Callao Learnng Centre in September 2014. There is very little support for this programme although I have experience working with children using a similar progrfamme. If you would like more information you are welcome to contact me at the school or PM me.