PDA

View Full Version : Britain's Got Talent discussion thread

marbro8
28-05-2014, 21:35
just wondering if members are watching and your thoughts?;)

AL JAY
28-05-2014, 22:17
I am winning a good few bob so far this week,have had 1st and 2nd each night in seperate bets, James Smith last night was 3/1 to qualify,so it was like printing money really, I think Callabro or Lucy Kay will win it outright!

Medman
28-05-2014, 22:35
I am winning a good few bob so far this week,have had 1st and 2nd each night in seperate bets, James Smith last night was 3/1 to qualify,so it was like printing money really, I think Callabro or Lucy Kay will win it outright!

I predict Collabro to win with Jon Clegg being the wild card and runner-up ..... What's the odds on that Al ?

marbro8
28-05-2014, 22:40
I am winning a good few bob so far this week,have had 1st and 2nd each night in seperate bets, James Smith last night was 3/1 to qualify,so it was like printing money really, I think Callabro or Lucy Kay will win it outright!i didn't even know there was betting on iteek2:, if i had known i would have had a few hundred on james smith:doh:, but what gets to me is the planning of the programme? there have been so many good acts that have been pitted against each other that have gone, and so many bad acts that have gone through it beggars belief :(

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

I predict Collabro to win with Jon Clegg being the wild card and runner-up ..... What's the odds on that Al ?i would pay to see collabro:c2:

Medman
28-05-2014, 22:44
i didn't even know there was betting on iteek2:, if i had known i would have had a few hundred on james smith:doh:, but what gets to me is the planning of the programme? there have been so many good acts that have been pitted against each other that have gone, and so many bad acts that have gone through it beggars belief :(

i would pay to see collabro:c2:

Maybe they'll do a season in PDLA !!

marbro8
28-05-2014, 22:51
[/B][/COLOR]

Maybe they'll do a season in PDLA !!i could just see them in harveys:lol:

poor show tonight there was only one sure winner:(

AL JAY
28-05-2014, 23:15
I predict Collabro to win with Jon Clegg being the wild card and runner-up ..... What's the odds on that Al ?

You would get great odds on that Norm, tomorrow i think Bars and Melody will win!

marbro8
28-05-2014, 23:26
You would get great odds on that Norm, tomorrow i think Bars and Melody will win!we could actually win some dosh at this with your insight al jay;):D

AL JAY
28-05-2014, 23:43
we could actually win some dosh at this with your insight al jay;):D

Haven't seen the odds yet for tomorrow nights semi final but i would imagine the 2 young lads Bars & Melody and the posh violinist Lettice Rowbotham will be the 2 favourites to go through ;)

marbro8
28-05-2014, 23:48
Haven't seen the odds yet for tomorrow nights semi final but i would imagine the 2 young lads Bars & Melody and the posh violinist Lettice Rowbotham will be the 2 favourites to go through ;)how can you get bets on the actual shows ?

AL JAY
28-05-2014, 23:56
how can you get bets on the actual shows ?

Any online bookie or try oddschecker.com Mark ...For the Wildcard winner you can get evens on Jon Clegg the impressionist!

Angusjim
29-05-2014, 08:02
i could just see them in harveys:lol:

poor show tonight there was only one sure winner:(

Yea but he did not win Brian Chan was brilliant:lol::wow:

junglejim
29-05-2014, 08:05
The Mr Sister Act from PDLA was auditioned this week and advertised but was cut from the final transmission - so it would seem a lot of talent doesn't even make the screen .
Personally I don't watch it but my wife does and she's not pleased!

AL JAY
29-05-2014, 12:51
The top 3 tonight will be Bars & Melody - Lettice Rowbotham - Light Balance ...not much value betting wise tonight though although odds can change!

On Tues night the fav was Ed Drewitt @ 1/3 but his song and performance wasn't up to the mark and i got 3/1 for James Smith who was on last act of the night, on 14 occasions out of 18 the last act of the night has gone through

Medman
29-05-2014, 14:02
The top 3 tonight will be Bars & Melody - Lettice Rowbotham - Light Balance ...not much value betting wise tonight though although odds can change!

On Tues night the fav was Ed Drewitt @ 1/3 but his song and performance wasn't up to the mark and i got 3/1 for James Smith who was on last act of the night, on 14 occasions out of 18 the last act of the night has gone through

Keeping the best till last seems a good policy so that you forget all the c**p before. I agree Ed Drewit was poor. Very average song (but the judges still raved about it !!???) less than average vocal and stage presence. Britain has got talent but it has a lot more chancers. Still I wouldn't miss it .. :D

Bang on AJ. What's Friday's Euromillions numbers Al ? :respect:

marbro8
30-05-2014, 15:17
;)

On Tues night the fav was Ed Drewitt @ 1/3 but his song and performance wasn't up to the mark and i got 3/1 for James Smith who was on last act of the night, on 14 occasions out of 18 the last act of the night has gone throughwhat are the heads up for tonight's show AL JAY;)

TOTO 99
30-05-2014, 15:51
;)what are the heads up for tonight's show AL JAY;)

A tenner says it's not on cos of the England game...:lol:

Malteser Monkey
30-05-2014, 16:04
A tenner says it's not on cos of the England game...:lol:

:c2::crylaughing:

garlicbread
30-05-2014, 17:57
I've always assumed that marbro8 , Medman , AL JAY and junglejim are male and older than 12. If my assumption is correct, why on earth do you bother to watch this CRAP ???????

Oh, and by the way TALENT has only one L (one helluva load of rubbish)

AL JAY
30-05-2014, 18:16
I've always assumed that marbro8 , Medman , AL JAY and junglejim are male and older than 12. If my assumption is correct, why on earth do you bother to watch this CRAP ???????

I am a Professional Gambler Mike its my job, I predicted 8 out of 8 *stuffs wads of notes under Mattress* :D

:sunburn::football::cheers2:

junglejim
30-05-2014, 20:17

Read my post again Garlicbread-´I don´t watch it! My wife does - I go to bedroom and watch other TV or trawl/troll on here!

marbro8
30-05-2014, 20:52

Oh, and by the way TALENT has only one L (one helluva load of rubbish)i only spelt it with one L? those bloody modsrolleyes2::D

A tenner says it's not on cos of the England game...:lol:classic:lol::lol::lol::c2:

Medman
30-05-2014, 23:54

Yip, I'm male and over 12, but I don't use it as a rule ! .. :fpull:

livethedream
30-05-2014, 23:59
My first post.

if i was in tenerife i woudnt be watchin bgt. Thats for sure

Medman
31-05-2014, 00:11
My first post.

if i was in tenerife i woudnt be watchin bgt. Thats for sure

Welcome to the Forum LTD .. :welcome: .. :agree: .. I watch it to see everything that is wrong now with the so called "entertainment" industry. Praise for singing two notes in tune, standing ovation for remembering all the words, adulation for miming beautifully etc etc. I worked for over 40 years in the industry and through the golden years when you really did need talent to "get on the telly". (not that I was)

marbro8
31-05-2014, 18:21
My first post.

if i was in tenerife i woudnt be watchin bgt. Thats for sureneither would i,but because i live in boring old walsall bgt is better than the rope and stool:lol:

Welcome to the Forum LTD .. :welcome: .. :agree: .. I watch it to see everything that is wrong now with the so called "entertainment" industry. Praise for singing two notes in tune, standing ovation for remembering all the words, adulation for miming beautifully etc etc. I worked for over 40 years in the industry and through the golden years when you really did need talent to "get on the telly". (not that I was)i was just thinking of a few stars from yester year that wouldn't have got past the first round:lol::eyebrows:

TOTO 99
31-05-2014, 18:49
neither would i,but because i live in boring old walsall bgt is better than the rope and stool:lol:

i was just thinking of a few stars from yester year that wouldn't have got past the first round:lol::eyebrows:

me too mate.....:laugh:

AL JAY
31-05-2014, 19:56
Paddy and Nico and Jack Pack to go through to the final tonight :wink:

Ecky Thump
31-05-2014, 20:24
I just turned the TV on and saw some old woman prancing about the stage, I thought it was some form of poor comedy act and then to my total surprise four condescending so called panelists, critics or judges stood up and gave her and her partner a standing ovation and made patronising remarks. ....Britain's got talent....Not....Britain's gone loopy!!

kingbaker
31-05-2014, 20:46
I just turned the TV on and saw some old woman prancing about the stage, I thought it was some form of poor comedy act and then to my total surprise four condescending so called panelists, critics or judges stood up and gave her and her partner a standing ovation and made patronising remarks. ....Britain's got talent....Not....Britain's gone loopy!!

You wont have to put up with it for much longer:D:D:(:p;)

marbro8
31-05-2014, 23:06
I just turned the TV on and saw some old woman prancing about the stage, I thought it was some form of poor comedy act and then to my total surprise four condescending so called panelists, critics or judges stood up and gave her and her partner a standing ovation and made patronising remarks. ....Britain's got talent....Not....Britain's gone loopy!!even though i started the thread we decided to go out for a country pub dinner sitting next to the waterways of staffordshire, so we missed tonights show:wink:

LUCKY
31-05-2014, 23:52
even though i started the thread we decided to go out for a country pub dinner sitting next to the waterways of staffordshire, so we missed tonights show:wink:

I missed tonights show :flatcap: The real ale took priorty in fact i ent even seen any of em :flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:

Ecky Thump
01-06-2014, 09:55
I missed tonights show :

Your Lucky!

AL JAY
07-06-2014, 17:18
I have so far predicted the 2 to go through each night plus John Clegg to go through as the wild card,gonna be tough to predict tonights winner but i think it will be close between Collabro 13/8...Bars & Melody 2/1...Lucy Kay 6/1......... a good priced outsider is James Smith @ 28/1

I have had a *coughs* large bet on Lucy Kay yesterday @ 12/1 she has now come in to 6/1 .................. *books flight*:pray:

Ecky Thump
07-06-2014, 17:49
I've just strolled through the Sky TV guide and noticed that "Scooby Doo and The Alien Invaders" clashes with "Britain's Got Talent", it's a no brainier which one to watch for good entertainment!:crylaughing:

I have so far predicted the 2 to go through each night plus John Clegg to go through as the wild card,gonna be tough to predict tonights winner but i think it will be close between Collabro 13/8...Bars & Melody 2/1...Lucy Kay 6/1......... a good priced outsider is James Smith @ 28/1

I have had a *coughs* large bet on Lucy Kay yesterday @ 12/1 she has now come in to 6/1 .................. *books flight*:pray:

What's the odds on the old wrinkly dancer to win?:laugh:

AL JAY
07-06-2014, 18:02
Her and her toyboy are outsiders @ 50/1 ... she* ran across stage earlier at rehearsals and someone shouted "who's that" a reply came back "im not sure but she needs Ironing" :whistle:

*sorry ladies

Ecky Thump
07-06-2014, 22:15
Her and her toyboy are outsiders @ 50/1 ... she* ran across stage earlier at rehearsals and someone shouted "who's that" a reply came back "im not sure but she needs Ironing" :whistle:
*sorry ladies

Did the old prune win?:laugh:

chris
07-06-2014, 22:19

No collabro class act.

marbro8
08-06-2014, 10:08
Did the old prune win?:laugh:no but the one's i ate last night won this morning:laugh:

Angusjim
08-06-2014, 10:15

Was Carol taking part:scared::crylaughing:

Ecky Thump
08-06-2014, 11:26
Was Carol taking part:scared::crylaughing:

No she couldn't be there as she had a prior pressing engagement at the Star Hotel Montrose ...money guaranteed.!:laugh:

TOTO 99
08-06-2014, 11:29
No she couldn't be there as she had a prior pressing engagement at the Star Hotel Montrose ...money guaranteed.!:laugh:

How much does she pay them?.....:laugh:

Angusjim
08-06-2014, 11:31
I have just PM'd Carol suggesting she may wish to read over a few recent posts so watch out Mr T. Hopefully she will have calmed down by the time we meet up in November:whistle::crazy:

Carol55
08-06-2014, 11:48
I have just PM'd Carol suggesting she may wish to read over a few recent posts so watch out Mr T. Hopefully she will have calmed down by the time we meet up in November:whistle::crazy:

He sometimes forgets that I can read his posts!:)

Revenge will be sweet, the house needs decorating and I thought he might like some peace and quiet to do it, so October sounds good to me.:laugh:

Angusjim
08-06-2014, 12:09
He sometimes forgets that I can read his posts!:)

Revenge will be sweet, the house needs decorating and I thought he might like some peace and quiet to do it, so October sounds good to me.:laugh:

It wiz him Carol he made me write that:wave::eyebrows:

Carol55
08-06-2014, 12:21
It wiz him Carol he made me write that:wave::eyebrows:

Jim the Elaine Paige & Barbara Dickson song sums it all up.......I Know Him So Well!:spin: