PDA

View Full Version : Other Would a minor criminal record stop you getting a residencia?

pcoyles
02-06-2014, 21:15
If someone from the UK wanted to move to tenerife but they had a small criminal record from over 20 yrs ago (no prison time done or anything that serious) would this stop them getting a residencia from the police station?

Malteser Monkey
02-06-2014, 21:52
If someone from the UK wanted to move to tenerife but they had a small criminal record from over 20 yrs ago (no prison time done or anything that serious) would this stop them getting a residencia from the police station?

Good question will bump this so maybe someone can help
admin junglejim 9PLUS KirstyJay

not sure who else at this late hour I can think of

junglejim
02-06-2014, 21:54
No , thet just do a cursory check of the paperwork you fill in which does not ask anything about previous records , then they issue the Certificado de Registro - not a residencia - you are just registering you are staying in Canaries .

If they didn´t want you in the country you would be flagged up at passport control .

marbro8
02-06-2014, 23:18
thank god for that:D

Greg
03-06-2014, 00:32
Strewth! I though having a criminal record here was compulsory!

bonitatime
03-06-2014, 08:32
You can live anywhere in Europe what ever your record

junglejim
03-06-2014, 08:49
You can live anywhere in Europe what ever your record
Not always the case !

http://www.prisonersabroad.org.uk/uploads/documents/prisoners/Expulsion_from_EU_state.pdf

http://europa.eu/legislation_summaries/internal_market/living_and_working_in_the_internal_market/l33152_en.htm

Tijuana
03-06-2014, 12:59
"Would a minor criminal record stop you getting residencia?"

A minor criminal record or a criminal record with minors???

pcoyles
03-06-2014, 13:16
Oh god no, definitely NOT the latter!

It's a friend of mine, has a record for petty shoplifting when he was 17, he's in his 40's now! but worried about it!

"Would a minor criminal record stop you getting residencia?"

A minor criminal record or a criminal record with minors???

Angusjim
03-06-2014, 13:27
Oh god no, definitely NOT the latter!

It's a friend of mine, has a record for petty shoplifting when he was 17, he's in his 40's now! but worried about it!

Yea yea that old chesnut "its a friend on mine" routine:laugh::wink2:

bonitatime
03-06-2014, 13:51
But that should now be spent And they should be able to take it off their record
I Will have a look at the link later

bonitatime
03-06-2014, 13:54
Havent read the Second one but the First one is about being expeled for a quantity of time after you have been in jail in a given nation
Not quite what you were describing

Medanoman
03-06-2014, 16:26
strangely enough if you were returning to the uk and are considering working in a job that has background checks (Airports for example) it might be wise to get the Spanish Police to write you a Police report so you can prove you are of good character.....

Valid criminal record certificates for all countries in which the applicant has been
continuously resident in for 6 months or more during th
e past 5 years must be
obtained and submitted. Certificates that are not in English must be accompanied by
a reliable translation.
The translator’s name and contact details should be provided
for verification purposes.
Free web based translations are not s
atisfactory

KirstyJay
09-06-2014, 12:43
Good question will bump this so maybe someone can help
admin junglejim 9PLUS KirstyJay

not sure who else at this late hour I can think ofI haven't got a clue, sorry.