PDA

View Full Version : We had an UN-Easy Jet flight!

essexeddie
03-06-2014, 15:00
:wow:
Had a right old flight last night. We had to abort three landings at the last minute and eventually land in the north airport. They said it was bad weather conditions but the weather was perfect. We recon there was something wrong with the plane. As it came to land the plane shook badly so the pilot just accelerated off again. It did the same at the north airport as well. Worst experience in 28 years of flights to Tenerife.

Medanoman
03-06-2014, 15:42
the hospitals are nearer in the north, so probably better to crash there, as if anything happened in the south Hospiten would be a waste of time. Although that does beg the question what would they do if there were a large aircrash on the scale of that one terrible one that happened in the north all those years ago..the Worst disaster on record didnīt really put the services to the test since there were only 61 survivors out of 585 fatalities..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjLrZ2SDDaU

TOTO 99
03-06-2014, 16:04
I bet that video cheered you right up Eddie.....:laugh:

Oddly you're not the first to report an easyjet flight being diverted to the North. There was one on here a couple of weeks ago.

And when I came home a few weeks back I was told by Easyjet staff at TFS that the same flight as mine but the day before had also done it. She was telling me that because they were considering doing it with our incoming flight but it managed to land. It was extremely windy though. Not calm as with yours.........Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

kingbaker
03-06-2014, 16:24
I bet that video cheered you right up Eddie.....:laugh:

Oddly you're not the first to report an easyjet flight being diverted to the North. There was one on here a couple of weeks ago.

And when I came home a few weeks back I was told by Easyjet staff at TFS that the same flight as mine but the day before had also done it. She was telling me that because they were considering doing it with our incoming flight but it managed to land. It was extremely windy though. Not calm as with yours.........Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Sometimes you can get crosswinds at ground level, necessitating a go around and sometimes diversion.

It's still the safest way to travel ........by miiillleeeesss!! ;););)

kez1000
03-06-2014, 16:29
That must have been frightening. I fly regular and am pretty confident but only had one aborted landing at TFS with Ryan Air, was cross winds to be fair.

Worst I ever had was a flame out engine on take off Manchester to Gatwick. Plane stopped before runway ending and we disembarked!

AL JAY
03-06-2014, 16:44
When cross winds are forecast at TFS,I find its better to wear Brown Pants just in case :whistle::wink2::D

marbro8
03-06-2014, 17:45
chubby brown once joked that someone once said to him "if it's your time to go then there's nothing you can do about it" to which he replied "but what if it's the pilots time to go why the @@@@ should i go with him":laugh::laugh:

amanda
03-06-2014, 18:48
I was here living when that terrible accident happened, we were sitting on the beach in san andres, when we saw the pan am flight fly in to tenerife, everything possible was done to save as many as they could, hundreds of people rushed to the scene to help out my husband included. It was just a fireball people strapped in so not alot anyone could do

warbey
03-06-2014, 19:07
When cross winds are forecast at TFS,I find its better to wear Brown Pants just in case :whistle::wink2::D

With the old Bike Clips of course....??.............snigger.......

There is a condition called windsheer which seems to be similar to what was called an airpocket in Propeller Days.

That would cause the shaking on the Final approach......... and a very firm Landing/drop

essexeddie
04-06-2014, 17:25
I suppose as I only paid Ģ36 for the flight you get a monkey for a pilot :whistle:

LUCKY
04-06-2014, 19:48
I suppose as I only paid Ģ36 for the flight you get a monkey for a pilot :whistle:
Could have been worse it could have been the Malteser Monkey, :airplane::flatcap:

kingbaker
04-06-2014, 19:55
Coulda been worse........couldda been me:D

rosemary
04-06-2014, 20:24
I came in on a lovely big Monarch last night and he had to abort. Very big gusts of wind. Thanks to Pooh on this Forum who once explained it all to me I wasn't afraid and was even able to reassure my neighbours who were desperate.

I was flying to the mainland on a Air Europa at the North terminal last year and whilst waiting looked out on that fateful runway. I think I could see exactly why it had happened, even though there was fog at the time. There is a crossing between incoming and outgoing on the runways there with I guess a sort of traffic light stopping system? I saw an incoming plane stop and wait before crossing over it to come into the main terminal. I thought then how crazy a system it was. God Rest those poor souls. It looks grim and old fashioned some of that airport now.

kingbaker
04-06-2014, 22:40
I came in on a lovely big Monarch last night and he had to abort. Very big gusts of wind. Thanks to Pooh on this Forum who once explained it all to me I wasn't afraid and was even able to reassure my neighbours who were desperate.

I was flying to the mainland on a Air Europa at the North terminal last year and whilst waiting looked out on that fateful runway. I think I could see exactly why it had happened, even though there was fog at the time. There is a crossing between incoming and outgoing on the runways there with I guess a sort of traffic light stopping system? I saw an incoming plane stop and wait before crossing over it to come into the main terminal. I thought then how crazy a system it was. God Rest those poor souls. It looks grim and old fashioned some of that airport now.

I much prefered when Ryanair (Europe's Favourite Airline) only' went to Rodeos. I often stayed in Puerto for a while, and then on to the south. Landings there in bad weather can be 'challenging.'..to say the least!!:p:D:p;):confused:;)

Malteser Monkey
05-06-2014, 09:40

Do you know where this ? May be nice for me to read it and other Members. I have never heard of an aborted landing in Tenerife - is this something that's recent.

I've had some bumpy landings in the past.

rosemary
05-06-2014, 10:10
Do you know where this ? May be nice for me to read it and other Members. I have never heard of an aborted landing in Tenerife - is this something that's recent.

I've had some bumpy landings in the past.

I have PM'd Pooh to see if he can find it in the archive. It was about a year ago.

Living here on the Golf we see the odd one going back up in the air and it always shocked me. Not now.

golf birdie
05-06-2014, 11:33
a lot of planes had problems with the cross winds at TFS on Tuesday evening. As for the weather being fine, you can't see wind.

Chine
05-06-2014, 11:50
[QUOTE=rosemary;374658]I have PM'd Pooh to see if he can find it in the archive. It was about a year ago.

Living here on the Golf we see the odd one going back up in the air and it always shocked me. Not now.[/QUOTE

We stay on the golf and we saw 2 go round again last week

essexeddie
05-06-2014, 18:41
You can see it when the Palm trees are bending over but everything was still. We was that close to landing every time but the Palms were not moving?
Never heard of it before. We have been coming to the island three times a year for twenty eight years and this is a first. When we eventually landed in the north there was a row of Fire Engines by the runway which is not normal.

bulldog
05-06-2014, 19:46
You can see it when the Palm trees are bending over but everything was still. We was that close to landing every time but the Palms were not moving?
Never heard of it before. We have been coming to the island three times a year for twenty eight years and this is a first. When we eventually landed in the north there was a row of Fire Engines by the runway which is not normal.

I fly in to TFN from Seville quite regular the fire engines are always parked up at the side of the
runway I think it must be their station its not as big as TFS they must.nt have
shelters.

golf birdie
05-06-2014, 19:55

I have played golf sel sur and finished one hole in perfect calm and on the next the flag has been bent to the floor by the wind. I also landed on a plane in the UK where the plane picked up speed as it came into land to try and get down before the next gust of wind. It is nothing to worry about, sometimes they fly in at an angle to help with the landing. This is a link to a plane trying to land on the same day as I flew

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2563138/Dont-watch-youre-nervous-flier-Terrifying-video-shows-pilot-struggling-land-strong-winds-Birmingham-airport.html

kingbaker
06-06-2014, 10:13
I have played golf sel sur and finished one hole in perfect calm and on the next the flag has been bent to the floor by the wind. I also landed on a plane in the UK where the plane picked up speed as it came into land to try and get down before the next gust of wind. It is nothing to worry about, sometimes they fly in at an angle to help with the landing. This is a link to a plane trying to land on the same day as I flew

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2563138/Dont-watch-youre-nervous-flier-Terrifying-video-shows-pilot-struggling-land-strong-winds-Birmingham-airport.html

This type of landing, but in a cessna 150 or similiar can be fabulicious!!! :p:D:p

golf birdie
06-06-2014, 10:19
This type of landing, but in a cessna 150 or similiar can be fabulicious!!! :p:D:p

once on a binter inter islands flight I really thought the end had come. I would never rush to sit on a propeller plane again.

kingbaker
06-06-2014, 10:38
once on a binter inter islands flight I really thought the end had come. I would never rush to sit on a propeller plane again.

If you like flying it can be fab in bumpy weather and the smaller the aircraft, the better! :p