PDA

View Full Version : Other Loro Parque employee shot by vet during training exercise

Addick
05-06-2014, 10:39
The situation sounds quite funny but given his condition, I hope the employee makes a full recovery (and maybe get the vet a pair of glasses):grufalo:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2649381/Zoo-worker-gorilla-suit-critical-condition-shot-tranquiliser-dart-training-exercise-no-one-told-vet-wasnt-real.html

deepdivejunkie
05-06-2014, 20:33
Hope Morgan is laughing his ass off :-)
#blackfish

warbey
05-06-2014, 20:41
The situation sounds quite funny but given his condition, I hope the employee makes a full recovery (and maybe get the vet a pair of glasses):grufalo:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2649381/Zoo-worker-gorilla-suit-critical-condition-shot-tranquiliser-dart-training-exercise-no-one-told-vet-wasnt-real.html

:sorry:

SHOULD HAVE GONE TO SPECSAVERS.

Chine
05-06-2014, 20:48
That is hilarious !

Tijuana
06-06-2014, 08:34

I suppose that's what you get if you read gutter trash like the Daily Mail.

But then again, why let the truth get in the way of a good story.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/spain/10879254/Man-shot-with-tranquilliser-dart-at-Tenerife-zoo-was-not-wearing-gorilla-suit.html

Addick
06-06-2014, 09:39
I suppose that's what you get if you read gutter trash like the Daily Mail.

But then again, why let the truth get in the way of a good story.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/spain/10879254/Man-shot-with-tranquilliser-dart-at-Tenerife-zoo-was-not-wearing-gorilla-suit.html

Well thank you for putting me in my place.

Next time I post something I find quite amusing and relevant to Tenerife I'll make sure the link I use is from the posher end of 'Fleet Street' so it doesn't dirty your monitor!:smackbutt:

TOTO 99
06-06-2014, 10:00
The Telegraph only says they deny it. That doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Unless their reporter witnessed the incident, no newspaper on the planet can guarantee to have the correct story. It's just their take on a second hand story..........

kingbaker
06-06-2014, 10:04
The story we heard on radio on Dublin, is that a staff member was shot with 8 times the human dose of tranq. He is seriously ill in hospital.
Their safety record should be reviewed immediately and prosecutions taken out if necessary. :confused::(

TOTO 99
06-06-2014, 10:08
The story we heard on radio on Dublin, is that a staff member was shot with 8 times the human dose of tranq. He is seriously ill in hospital.
Their safety record should be reviewed immediately and prosecutions taken out if necessary. :confused::(

Be even better if it turns out the gorilla shot the bloke....:laugh:

Tijuana
06-06-2014, 10:09

Next time I post something I find quite amusing and relevant to Tenerife I'll make sure the link I use is from the posher end of 'Fleet Street' so it doesn't dirty your monitor!:smackbutt:

It was in no way intended at you :sorry: but in every way intended at garbage like the Daily Mail - you'd be better off buying a comic each day because you'd have a better chance of reading something that's factually correct.

Ecky Thump
06-06-2014, 10:16

Yes you have to be aware of our upper crust posters....TIJUANA, literal meanining "Gods Grace" so we have been privalidged to have his input by the "Grace of God" who I'm sure would condem all us lowly Daily Mail readers! ;)

TOTO 99
06-06-2014, 10:18
It was in no way intended at you :sorry: but in every way intended at garbage like the Daily Mail - you'd be better off buying a comic each day because you'd have a better chance of reading something that's factually correct.

Apology accepted....:laugh:

I believe the point being made was that nobody needs correcting on something that was a bit of fun. Chill out.

The OP merely posted something from the paper, it doesn't mean he buys it.......:respect:

Addick
06-06-2014, 10:26

No worries - as a rule I would even double-check the date printed on a newspaper (all of them) to make sure they got it right. I was going to use what I assumed was the original article from La Opinión but it was written in Spanish.

The story we heard on radio on Dublin, is that a staff member was shot with 8 times the human dose of tranq. He is seriously ill in hospital. I think it has been widely reported now that the guy shot with the tranquiliser has made a full recovery thankfully and is back at work (probably avoiding the primate enclosure).

kingbaker
06-06-2014, 10:49
I think an orca killed a worker/trainer...a few years ago.....an unexcepable standard for something thats just entertainment

TOTO 99
06-06-2014, 10:58
I think an orca killed a worker/trainer...a few years ago.....an unexcepable standard for something thats just entertainment

I guess it goes with the job. There's certainly a high risk factor when working with something that could easily kill you.

There must be a fair few come a cropper in the name of entertainment...Being shot out of a canon springs to mind...Or being the other half of a knife throwing act....doesn't bear thinking about...

deepdivejunkie
06-06-2014, 10:59
Its not entertainment from the orcas point of view. Being imprisoned in a tank for your life, stressed out. See the documentary film Blackfish. Reasons behind the fatality at Loro Parque are detailed there. Also the cover up

kingbaker
06-06-2014, 11:20
No worries - as a rule I would even double-check the date printed on a newspaper (all of them) to make sure they got it right. I was going to use what I assumed was the original article from La Opinión but it was written in Spanish.
I think it has been widely reported now that the guy shot with the tranquiliser has made a full recovery thankfully and is back at work (probably avoiding the primate enclosure).

More likely avoiding the vets. :D

Tijuana
06-06-2014, 13:02
I just read that he got shot because he was reading the Daily Mail :D

I read it in The Sun :D:D:D

Ecky Thump
06-06-2014, 16:37
I just read that he got shot because he was reading the Daily Mail :D

I read it in The Sun :D:D:D

I just wish they would bring back the News of The World and then the story would have some sexual interest for marbro8 :female::male::crylaughing:

Medman
06-06-2014, 17:01
I just wish they would bring back the News of The World and then the story would have some sexual interest for marbro8 :female::male::crylaughing:

You mean something like this:

Stop Press : "Pistol packing Pedro pellet pumps pretend primate" !!! :gun::grufalo:

TOTO 99
06-06-2014, 19:54

How about......

Walsall man shoots in Monkeys face....:eek::eek::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::lau gh::laugh::laugh:

From Rupert Murdoch: Absolutely in no way intended to be anything to do with any midlands gas fitter or cockney person living in wales..............

deepdivejunkie
06-06-2014, 20:04
Here is the exert from Blackfish re Loro Parque.. Worker killed by Orca.

http://youtu.be/vmIHy19YvDA

Malteser Monkey
07-06-2014, 12:31
Walsall man shoots in Monkeys face....

ok we'll leave that one there :whistle::wink::cheeky:

warbey
07-06-2014, 20:12
??????
ok we'll leave that one there :whistle::wink::cheeky:

Something else shrunk too.

The Monkey started off as a Gorilla..! of sorts.

...................???????????????????????????.... ..............:confused::confused::confused::confu sed::confused::laugh::laugh::laugh::):welcome:

Has Loro Parque actually got any Gorillas..?

I can only remember Chimps.........................

Malteser Monkey
07-06-2014, 20:35
??????

Something else shrunk too.

The Monkey started off as a Gorilla..! of sorts.

...................???????????????????????????.... ..............:confused::confused::confused::confu sed::confused::laugh::laugh::laugh::):welcome:

Has Loro Parque actually got any Gorillas..?

I can only remember Chimps.........................

need to ask marbro8

.:crylaughing::crylaughing: