PDA

View Full Version : Cars & Transport What paperwork do I need to take to renew my car tax in Tenerife?

essexeddie
05-06-2014, 18:30
I intend to tax my car next week as I forgot last year so a fine is due. Does anyone know what I need to take with me. I have my hat size and inside leg measurements just in case but what else?

obs
05-06-2014, 22:58
Just the registration plate number, it's as simple as that!! :goodluck:

kingbaker
05-06-2014, 23:02
I intend to tax my car next week as I forgot last year so a fine is due. Does anyone know what I need to take with me. I have my hat size and inside leg measurements just in case but what else?

You forgot for a year? Maybe say you were abroad.:confused:

essexeddie
06-06-2014, 17:45
You forgot for a year? Maybe say you were abroad.:confused:

You can only tax it in June so if you miss that date you have to wait another year, which is what happened. It wasn't intentional.

kingbaker
06-06-2014, 17:55
You can only tax it in June so if you miss that date you have to wait another year, which is what happened. It wasn't intentional.

Ok you're forgiven......dont do it again:D:D:D

Do they not have an 'off the road' period?;)

babybadger
09-06-2014, 19:59
Yes they do have a SORN, its called 'baja temporal' http://www.dgtbajas.es/bajas-temporales.php

essexeddie
10-06-2014, 17:22
All done but not without the usual hitch. Everyone told me to go upstairs in the Cultural Centre even the guy on the front desk. We waited in the queue and after half an hour when my turn came up we were told it was down stairs outside and round the corner ffs!
So off we trotted and waited in another queue and got it sorted in a couple of minutes, that's all it took. Now we know.