PDA

View Full Version : Shopping Does anyone have problems receiving parcels from internet shopping in Tenerife?

JenniferA_
06-06-2014, 10:14
Morning all,
Does anyone else have problems receiving parcels after buying from the internet?
I bought a cycling jersey (from a UK site) for my boyfriend after an hour and £30 spent on getting through to the couriers they told me there was a problem when it arrived in Tenerife as it hadn't had the right paperwork and I didn't pay the 'Canarian' tax so they had to send it back to the UK! :mad:

Is it easier to just buy from Spanish websites?

Jennifer

golf birdie
06-06-2014, 10:33
It now happens quite often to me. I swear they do it to wind me up as up to a year or so ago it never happened at all.
Even if you order from Spain you will be hit by import duties.

JenniferA_
06-06-2014, 11:54
It now happens quite often to me. I swear they do it to wind me up as up to a year or so ago it never happened at all.
Even if you order from Spain you will be hit by import duties.

Thanks, will have to do a bit more investigating to make this process a lot easier (if it's possible!)
It is so frustrating as the company didn't bother to let me know, I had to chase them up to see where my parcel was. They are now sending a replacement parcel with the correct paperwork to get it to me. Let's hope this time it works :pray:

JaBBa
06-06-2014, 12:21
Dont start me on DHL & customs over here, waited near a month for my iptv boxes to arrive,they stayed in las palmas in the north for all that time, only taken 3 days to arrive in tenerrife from my suppliers and to top it all the barstewards stolen one from the parcel.....

kingbaker
06-06-2014, 12:29
Morning all,
Does anyone else have problems receiving parcels after buying from the internet?
I bought a cycling jersey (from a UK site) for my boyfriend after an hour and £30 spent on getting through to the couriers they told me there was a problem when it arrived in Tenerife as it hadn't had the right paperwork and I didn't pay the 'Canarian' tax so they had to send it back to the UK! :mad:

Is it easier to just buy from Spanish websites?

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer ...probs be simpler and more efficient just to change the nationality of yer bf:D:D:p

timmylish
07-06-2014, 01:38
This is back to the discussion of Post Office (Spanish) against couriers deliveries. PO - no probs. Couriers - nightmare

kingbaker
07-06-2014, 02:02
Hi Jennifer ...probs be simpler and more efficient just to change the nationality of yer bf:D:D:p

Next time try an Irish BF:D

Tijuana
07-06-2014, 09:15
Next time try an Irish BF:D

Got anybody in mind for her? :laugh:

kingbaker
07-06-2014, 12:03
Naw..just tryin' t'be helpfull!:tiphat::wave::wink:

JenniferA_
08-06-2014, 10:45
Just checked the status of the 'replacement' parcel and it has again like before being sent back to the UK and I don't know why!! UGH!
Looks like another phone call tomorrow, any bets on how much it is going to cost me??
It might be easier to fly back home, pick it up from the depot and fly back :crylaughing:

canarybird
08-06-2014, 11:09
You have to insist it be sent to you by Royal Mail and not by courier service, otherwise you will have nothing but problems. I have had the same problem several times.
The courier deliveries (if they get as far as trying to deliver to your home) can't find my address, despite that I live in the town on a well marked street, so they send the parcel back saying there's "no such address". Too lazy to use a street map to see where it is. My postman knows my address and delivers parcels with no extra costs or customs duties.

JenniferA_
08-06-2014, 18:43
Is that possible? To ask the company to change the courier company they use? If so, this is definitely what I will do! Thank you - there is some light at the end of the tunnel.

deepdivejunkie
09-06-2014, 21:11
Best way, what I do, is get it sent to a friend or relative's address in the UK who then post it on (by Royal Mail) to me :-)