PDA

View Full Version : Other We are having problems applying for a new EHIC card online

TIGER LILY
10-06-2014, 17:50
Can anyone help please. I have one of these wonderful blue cards which i got by going onto the website and ordered it without any problems a little while back. I need to order one for my son as he going back to the UK this summer to stay with family. Every time we do the request it comes up 24 hrs later that it has failed. But no reason given
We have phoned 012 who gave us a number to call. Been calling it for days now with no luck. So 012 saying they think the department is up north! ! Great help not. I have been thinking that maybe Granadilla office might deal with it. Can anyone offer any assistance? ??

Nafnut
12-06-2014, 12:17
Can anyone help please. I have one of these wonderful blue cards which i got by going onto the website and ordered it without any problems a little while back. I need to order one for my son as he going back to the UK this summer to stay with family. Every time we do the request it comes up 24 hrs later that it has failed. But no reason given
We have phoned 012 who gave us a number to call. Been calling it for days now with no luck. So 012 saying they think the department is up north! ! Great help not. I have been thinking that maybe Granadilla office might deal with it. Can anyone offer any assistance? ??

I had exactly the same with my children and it's because they are taking the children off of the parents social until you go and prove they can be on it. You just need to make an appointment with the Granadilla office and take copies of everything relating to you and them and they put them back on and apply for you. After that you can just do it on line.

Mia
12-06-2014, 15:16
Do you mean the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) so your son can get medical treatment back in the UK?

If so they are no longer issued by the Spanish Health Service. You now have to apply in the UK.

Try this website for information. www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/ehic

TIGER LILY
30-06-2014, 09:54
Thanks for the reply Mia. But finally I have sorted it out. Nafnut was correct it was the Granadilla Office that sorted me out. Although they had a three week waiting list for an appointment they made an appointment for me at the Guimar Office. They were very helpful and pointed out to me that my son was a listed as a dependent on my Husbands Social number and because he is out of work at the moment that was rejecting it. Simple they now have put both my son's as dependents on my Social number and then all the cards were ordered. It was going to take ten days for the cards to come through the post so the lady issued my son with a paper copy which is valid for ninety days until the card arrived in the post. The actual cards are valid for two years. So all sorted thanks.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

High me again just to say the Title of my original post was correct. It is called the TARJETA SANITARIA EUROPEA