PDA

View Full Version : Other Can I get 'steak on a stone' in any Tenerife restaurants?

rosemary
12-06-2014, 18:27
In Spain we lived in a town called Javea where there was a wonderful Swiss restaurant who had Steak on a hot Stone on the menu. Your meat came uncooked on a hot stone (volcanic?) and you cooked it as you like it. Anyone know if there is somewhere similar on the island? it was sooo good.

delderek
12-06-2014, 18:46
Yeh I agree. It was a big thing a few years ago in Tenerife and was very nice, especially if it was fillet cut into strips, appears to have been a fad that's now gone. Pity.

Malteser Monkey
12-06-2014, 19:12
We have one here in Conwy - everyone raves about it in work - not cheap tho'

Sorry don't know about there

essexeddie
12-06-2014, 19:16
I agree, we used to go to a restaurant at Chayofa many years ago, they used to do that sort of thing. It seems to have died out now.
We used to do it at home as well, but not anymore. I think the stone ended up on a boot sale in the end.

Bazz
12-06-2014, 19:23
I thought there was a restaurant at San Telmo that used the hot stones? :goodluck:

rosemary
12-06-2014, 19:35
I thought there was a restaurant at San Telmo that used the hot stones? :goodluck:

Looked it up on Google. yes in Los Cris. Looks great. Thanks.

amanda
12-06-2014, 20:34
West haven bay in costa del silencio the restaurant there, does this yum

essexeddie
13-06-2014, 17:13
We was there today (West Haven) nice restaurant. Just for a coffee but you get cake and a small moose type sweet all for €3.20 for two. You used to get free refills but I didn't like to ask :)

marbro8
13-06-2014, 19:34
i know it is of no relevance but we used to have a restaurant in wednesbury called the star and the slogan was "get stoned at the star", and they used to bring the hot stones to the table and let you cook whatever meat/fish you ordered, we went one night and all had the steak, it was all going great until someone on the next table ordered the swordfish, it stank that bad it emptied the place:lol:, needless to say it was only open for a few months:(

polremy
13-06-2014, 19:56
There is a place just outside Puerto de la cruz that serves all sorts on a stone. I had salmon. A monastery I seem to remember. I'm sure plenty of forum members can give you details.

essexeddie
13-06-2014, 23:08
I have been to the Monastery about a couple of years ago. I was an old Monastery just off the Motorway that is now several restaurants all in one place. Very nice meal we had there. I still have details of the place tucked away.

kathml
13-06-2014, 23:30
Used to be one in Chafiras just next to roundabout but that was many moons ago

kingbaker
14-06-2014, 00:12
I have been to the Monastery about a couple of years ago. I was an old Monastery just off the Motorway that is now several restaurants all in one place. Very nice meal we had there. I still have details of the place tucked away.

Is it way uphill over LC? A coffee shop, a restaurant and a wedding reception venue, with a cross on top.
You can walk on the roof, up some steps. ;)

Tajinaste Chris
14-06-2014, 16:10
Two restaurants in Plaza del Charco in Puerto do this. The Casona and the cafe in the middle of the square!

essexeddie
14-06-2014, 21:16
Is it way uphill over LC? A coffee shop, a restaurant and a wedding reception venue, with a cross on top.
You can walk on the roof, up some steps. ;)

No its off the motorway between Santa Cruz and Puerto D Cruz junction 36

Addick
15-06-2014, 09:42
If I go to a restaurant I expect them to cook the food for me! If they muck it up they do it again, what happens when I get it wrong because I've never used one of these stones before?:cooking:

Whatever next - you get handed a pair of marigolds with the bill so you can 'experience' the washing up too?:dontknow::crazy:

Dave-Durham
15-06-2014, 11:59
We was there today (West Haven) nice restaurant. Just for a coffee but you get cake and a small moose type sweet all for €3.20 for two. You used to get free refills but I didn't like to ask :)

Was it *deer*?