PDA

View Full Version : An appeal to your pocket

Ecky Thump
13-06-2014, 18:49
I have seriously overspent this year and rather than send out individual begging pleas for your money, I thought that I will make a single request here.
If you feel that you can spare a few pounds to enable me to continue with my present lifestyle, please PM me and I will send you my Jersey banking details.

Thank you in advance.:tiphat:

marbro8
13-06-2014, 18:54
[QUOTE=Ecky Thump;376337]I have seriously overspent this year and rather than send out individual begging pleas for your money, I thought that I will make a single request here.
If you feel that you can spare a few pounds to enable me to continue with my present lifestyle, please PM me and I will send you my Jersey banking details.

Thank you in advance.:tiphat:[/QUO:lol:TE]pm sent:D, but the details seemed to be for a bermudan account:lol:

Ecky Thump
13-06-2014, 18:58
[QUOTE=Ecky Thump;376337]I have seriously overspent this year and rather than send out individual begging pleas for your money, I thought that I will make a single request here.

Thank you in advance.:tiphat:[/QUO:lol:TE]

pm sent:D, but the details seemed to be for a bermudan account:lol:

Flippant replies of this sort are not appreciated, this is a serious appeal, if I don't receive money soon, Carol will have to find more part-time employment and then it will mean that I have to walk to the fridge to open my own beer!

marbro8
13-06-2014, 19:04
[QUOTE=marbro8;376338]

Flippant replies of this sort are not appreciated, this is a serious appeal, if I don't receive money soon, Carol will have to find more part-time employment and then it will mean that I have to walk to the fridge to open my own beer!i am crying inside as i write this:(:lol:

melm
13-06-2014, 19:34
PM sent for details:jumping:

Ecky Thump
13-06-2014, 19:46
PM sent for details:jumping:

At the moment my inbox is full and overflowing, unlike my sporran.:wink:

melm
13-06-2014, 19:53
At the moment my inbox is full and overflowing, unlike my sporran.:wink:

well empty it dear ecky :crazy:

Ecky Thump
13-06-2014, 20:07
[QUOTE=Ecky Thump;376340]i am crying inside as i write this:(:lol:

well empty it dear ecky :crazy:

Replies like this are synonymous of today's world and I'm surprised that marbro8 making one, as I know that in the past he suffered greatly from poverty and being the youngest child of a family of thirteen and until the age of fourteen had worn his elder sisters clothes and even to this very day will be found at night walking the streets of Birmingham wearing stiletto shoes and a tight leather mini-skirt!

warbey
13-06-2014, 20:07
Why do You wear a Jersey....?

Does it match Your Sporran.

We all know You keep Your Money in Carol's Handbag.........................................de ar.

x

Ecky Thump
13-06-2014, 20:10
Why do You wear a Jersey....?

Does it match Your Sporran.

We all know You keep Your Money in Carol's Handbag.........................................de ar.

x

Tut tut, what a sad and offensive reply, I think that you should reflect on your callus remark!:nono:

warbey
13-06-2014, 20:13
Tut tut, what a sad and offensive reply, I think that you should reflect on your callus remark!:nono:

Sorry Ecky, I didn't mean to be sad.

Who do I make the Check out to..?

Ecky Thump
13-06-2014, 20:18
Sorry Ecky, I didn't mean to be sad.

Who do I make the Check out to..?

The ThumpsHolidayFunding A/C will be fine, if you add a extra 10% to your donation! I will pass it on to one of my many cousins in Los Christianos......thanks Warby, you have now made me have faith in mankind.:stupid:

marbro8
13-06-2014, 20:42
[QUOTE=marbro8;376342]

Replies like this are synonymous of today's world and I'm surprised that marbro8 making one, as I know that in the past he suffered greatly from poverty and being the youngest child of a family of thirteen and until the age of fourteen had worn his elder sisters clothes and even to this very day will be found at night walking the streets of Birmingham wearing stiletto shoes and a tight leather mini-skirt!i still wear the same clothes:lol: i look like a throw back to the 70's:lol: but my god are they tight:D

Ecky Thump
13-06-2014, 20:52
[QUOTE=Ecky Thump;376359]i still wear the same clothes:lol: i look like a throw back to the 70's:lol: but my god are they tight:D

But, I bet you are earning lots of money from the punters that fancy you with your fishnet stockings.

Have you thought of making a donation to my appeal, and due to your extra evening income afford to and you can even pay by direct debit or better still phone me and make a payment with your credit card.:idea:

melm
13-06-2014, 20:59
[QUOTE=Ecky Thump;376359]i still wear the same clothes:lol: i look like a throw back to the 70's:lol: but my god are they tight:D

any photographs available:laugh:

Ecky Thump
13-06-2014, 21:04
[QUOTE=melm;

At a price, they are highly sought after! :-))

melm
13-06-2014, 21:07
[QUOTE=melm;

At a price, they are highly sought after! :-))

hmm I sense blackmail:crazy:

Ecky Thump
13-06-2014, 21:10
hmm I sense blackmail:crazy:[/QUOTE]

I need the money for my appeal.

marbro8
13-06-2014, 22:54
you have never been appealing:lol:

Ecky Thump
13-06-2014, 23:02
you have never been appealing:lol:

Well, there was once a lonely sheep in a field, but that's another story!:wow:

TOTO 99
14-06-2014, 06:25
The donations will come flooding in now you've got the right people onboard.....:lol:

Angusjim
14-06-2014, 06:36
I have seriously overspent this year and rather than send out individual begging pleas for your money, I thought that I will make a single request here.

Thank you in advance.:tiphat:

Can Carol no get a couple extra gigs at the Star:bellydancer::lol:

Ecky Thump
14-06-2014, 08:21
Can Carol no get a couple extra gigs at the Star:bellydancer::lol:

Alas Jim, no she has come to that stage in her life that she no longer appeals to the vast number men of the former Royal Burgh of Angus, including of course yourself who was often to be found at one of her entertaining performances and for some unknown reason the taxman will not give her a tax allowance for these speciality private appearances but I'm sure that this will not stop you making your normal anonymous monthly payment.:pray:

Angusjim
14-06-2014, 08:45
Alas Jim, no she has come to that stage in her life that she no longer appeals to the vast number men of the former Royal Burgh of Angus, including of course yourself who was often to be found at one of her entertaining performances and for some unknown reason the taxman will not give her a tax allowance for these speciality private appearances but I'm sure that this will not stop you making your normal anonymous monthly payment.:pray:

Maybe she could move up the coast a bit to Inverbervie I believe they are no as fussy up there:whistle::laugh:

LUCKY
14-06-2014, 10:27
“I think the key indicator for wealth is not good grades, work ethic, or IQ. I believe it's relationships. Ask yourself two questions: How many people do I know, and how much ransom money could I get for each one?” :flatcap:

Malteser Monkey
14-06-2014, 10:56
I have seriously overspent this year

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::r ofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rof l:

joke thread Ecky:D:cheeky:

Ecky Thump
14-06-2014, 11:39
“I think the key indicator for wealth is not good grades, work ethic, or IQ. I believe it's relationships. Ask yourself two questions: How many people do I know, and how much ransom money could I get for each one?” :flatcap:

So I can take it from your informative post that you are not going to relieve me of the stresses of modern life by contributing some of your own personnel wealth,.......so much for the "caring society" that we live in!???

Have a Good Day.:tiphat:

Angusjim
14-06-2014, 12:19
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::r ofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rof l:

joke thread Ecky:D:cheeky:

I am sorry but the Scots do not joke about money its a very serious issue close to our heart:nono:

Ecky Thump
14-06-2014, 12:21
I am sorry but the Scots do not joke about money its a very serious issue close to our heart:nono:

Especially when we are trying to extract it from other people pockets!:respect:

LUCKY
14-06-2014, 12:33
So I can take it from your informative post that you are not going to relieve me of the stresses of modern life by contributing some of your own personnel wealth,.......so much for the "caring society" that we live in!???

Have a Good Day.:tiphat:

So this begging malarky starts before the independance vote, Is scotland to register as a third world country ? :flatcap:

TOTO 99
14-06-2014, 12:37
So this begging malarky starts before the independance vote, Is scotland to register as a third world country ? :flatcap:

Once they've made a few improvements yeah...:lol:

Malteser Monkey
14-06-2014, 12:39

:lol:

All on form today !

Ecky Thump
14-06-2014, 12:53

My need for money has nothing to with the general masses, it's for ME to enjoy MY holidays in Tenerife, I was almost positive that you yourself coming from Yorkshire would see my need to escape from the pressure of every day living, so please do not prevaricate further...sign the mandate that I supplied and lodge it with my bank in Jersey.

PS. I hope that you noticed that there is a minimum monthly contribution.rolleyes2:

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Yes a new jacuzzi would help in my Tenerife villa.....or even heating for the pool!:eyebrows:

[QUOTE=marbro8]i am crying inside as i write this:(:lol:��

Given your recent gambling successes on the World Cup, I'm sure that your donation will reflect on the amount that you send to my appeal.:jumping:

The one person who I thought that I could expect a large deposit (£££££!) from is kingbaker and as yet he has not attempted to give to this worthwhile and needy charity.?????????

Ecky Thump
18-06-2014, 20:04
After reading the thread by marbro8 about beggars and being reminded by warbey that I am making a appeal for funds, I should point out that this is NOT a begging thread, but a exclusive appeal to forum members.rolleyes2:

warbey
18-06-2014, 20:36
After reading the thread by marbro8 about beggars and being reminded by warbey that I am making a appeal for funds, I should point out that this is NOT a begging thread, but a exclusive appeal to forum members.rolleyes2:

I stand corrected Ecky.

Ive Posted My 50p, but couldn't afford a Stamp.......;);)

Hope that Helps.

Ecky Thump
01-09-2014, 18:43
I stand corrected Ecky.

Ive Posted My 50p, but couldn't afford a Stamp.......;);)

Hope that Helps.

It seems to have got lost in the post, would you consider sending it out to me again....and of course with interest!!

warbey
01-09-2014, 20:00
It seems to have got lost in the post, would you consider sending it out to me again....and of course with interest!!

It will be at the Sorting Office. You have to shell out a Charge to claim it.!!... .:confused::confused::sorry::sorry:

Ecky Thump
02-08-2016, 22:37

It's come to that time again when my appeal for my holiday money is forced upon you and with the exchange rate as it is, I would ask you all to show your generous nature and make a donation, I will accept any countries currency!! :tiphat:

Medman
02-08-2016, 22:38

It's come to that time again when my appeal for my holiday money is forced upon you and with the exchange rate as it is, I would ask you all to show your generous nature and make a donation, I will accept any countries currency!! :tiphat:

The cheque is in the post ! ............ :D

Ecky Thump
02-08-2016, 22:44
The cheque is in the post ! ............ :D

I'm still waiting for bank clearance on the one that you sent in 2014!!

macdonald5
03-08-2016, 08:29
Won the Euromillions Ecky so I'll send you half .......pity it was only £2.70 not the £61 million !!
Does that get you a sin beer ?

Medman
03-08-2016, 08:32
Won the Euromillions Ecky so I'll send you half .......pity it was only £2.70 not the £61 million !!
Does that get you a sin beer ?

Still bragging about you wealth ! .. :bowdown:

macdonald5
03-08-2016, 08:42
Still bragging about you wealth ! .. :bowdown:
Canny help being so lucky !! Rich, brainy and beautiful .....then I woke up !

Medman
03-08-2016, 08:54
Canny help being so lucky !! Rich, brainy and beautiful .....then I woke up !

What a dream that must have been ... :laugh:

macdonald5
03-08-2016, 09:13
:raspberry2:
What a dream that must have been ... :laugh:

melm
03-08-2016, 18:19

My special delivery should have arrived at your address this morning. This should help with your appeal :shy::witch4::spaceship::titanic:

Ecky Thump
03-08-2016, 18:26
My special delivery should have arrived at your address this morning. This should help with your appeal :shy::witch4::spaceship::titanic:

I did get a card from the post office this morning asking ME to go to the sorting office and give them money, was there any reason that you didn't put a postage stamp or post code on the envelope???

melm
03-08-2016, 18:48
I did get a card from the post office this morning asking ME to go to the sorting office and give them money, was there any reason that you didn't put a postage stamp or post code on the envelope???

Did think the spaceship would have flown over your abode. Nae stamp ........never:wink2:

Ecky Thump
15-12-2016, 18:05
As its nearly Christmas, the time of 'Good Will' and a time for giving gifts.
I know that it's difficult in knowing what to buy is difficult, also simply giving money seems a bit thoughtless, so if you can't think of a suitable gift for me, then have a look at the Ryanair offers, they have flight gift vouchers that will be helpful for my next holiday and they start at only £25 !! :pray:
Angusjim tfs1 melm AndyG

AndyG
15-12-2016, 19:00
Sorry, I only use euros these days!

Ecky Thump
15-12-2016, 19:12
Sorry, I only use euros these days!

That's perfectly acceptable, at today's rate that's €29.86 and to simplify it you can just round it up to €30 and work in upwardly increments from there....depending on your personal wealth and generosity.;)
lynno52 this applies to you as well! :D

lynno52
15-12-2016, 19:16
I am deeply offended Ecky Thump that you have not included me in your begging letter!:redcard:
However, I realise that you are already in debt to me greatly, for the numerous times I have stocked up your wine cellar, fridge etc prior to you flying off to the sun:whistle:

:vodkamachine::drinking::drunk2:

That's perfectly acceptable, at today's rate that's €29.86 and to simplify it you can just round it up to €30 and work in upwardly increments from there....depending on your personal wealth and generosity.;)
lynno52 this applies to you as well! :D

Better late than never! :c2:

Ecky Thump
15-12-2016, 19:35
I am deeply offended Ecky Thump that you have not included me in your begging letter!:redcard:
However, I realise that you are already in debt to me greatly, for the numerous times I have stocked up your wine cellar, fridge etc prior to you flying off to the sun:whistle:

:vodkamachine::drinking::drunk2:

Better late than never! :c2:

Thanks for the reminder Lynn, I will forward you our dates and as there is a change in our normal Tenerife destination of el Mirador this coming April/May, I will send this new information as well. ;)

LUCKY
15-12-2016, 21:19
One good reason anyone should forget the Ecky Thump appeal . I have often thought of the poor of Lower GDS, I taught them how to copy and paste So send the donations or else.
http://www.rewarding-fundraising-ideas.com/sample-letters-asking-for-donations.html

Angusjim
16-12-2016, 07:28
I know that it's difficult in knowing what to buy is difficult, also simply giving money seems a bit thoughtless, so if you can't think of a suitable gift for me, then have a look at the Ryanair offers, they have flight gift vouchers that will be helpful for my next holiday and they start at only £25 !! :pray:
Angusjim tfs1 melm AndyG

You do not appeal to me at all:laugh:

Ecky Thump
16-12-2016, 10:13
You do not appeal to me at all:laugh:

Well that's you off my Christmas gift list.....:cry:

tfs1
16-12-2016, 10:59
Well that's you off my Christmas gift list.....:cry:

what can you give a person who's got everything ?

melm
16-12-2016, 19:33
Angusjim tfs1 melm AndyG

rolleyes2::sorry:

fixer
16-12-2016, 19:42
Please text 12345678 to donate £3 to the Ecky thump cause. Text cost 1.50 plus your standard network rate!

Ecky Thump
16-12-2016, 21:57

Even 7% of your wealth would make me feel rich, I live a very poverished lifestyle! :liar:

rolleyes2::sorry:

That's a better response that I got today while sitting on the pavement in Argyle Street in Glasgow, although I did get a stale Marks & Spencer mince pie from a passing vagrant who felt sorry for me.

Please text 12345678 to donate £3 to the Ecky thump cause. Text cost 1.50 plus your standard network rate!

Don't for get the prefix B-U-G-G-E-R--A-L-L :D

Carol55
17-12-2016, 13:43

A clone of me?? :D

warbey
17-12-2016, 21:03
:)i have a few reclaimed unmarked Stamps from Christmas Cards, Carol. Carol55

Does Ecky still send begging Letters? :laugh:

Carol55
17-12-2016, 21:30
:)i have a few reclaimed unmarked Stamps from Christmas Cards, Carol. Carol55

Does Ecky still send begging Letters? :laugh:

Warbs, he's to miserly to send letters, he has me going from door to door with a collection tin and as for the stamps, then he will be 'over the moon' to receive them from you, he now has a scheme where he removes the franking marks from used stamps and goes to the Post Office for a refund!
:D

Angusjim
18-12-2016, 08:32
Angusjim tfs1 melm AndyG

Saw you begging in Buchanan Street yesterday you looked well in in your Harry Lauder get up:crylaughing:

Carol55
18-12-2016, 09:41
Saw you begging in Buchanan Street yesterday you looked well in in your Harry Lauder get up:crylaughing:

Now that you mention it, they do look very much alike. :D

6735 6736

warbey
18-12-2016, 21:02
Warbs, he's to miserly to send letters, he has me going from door to door with a collection tin and as for the stamps, then he will be 'over the moon' to receive them from you, he now has a scheme where he removes the franking marks from used stamps and goes to the Post Office for a refund!
:D

Careful Carol. there's money in it. One or two featured darn sarf doing it and getting a better wage than regular hours.

NO TAX either!

I tried it in Liverpool but lost My Dog, Hat and a plastic £5. note for the float lol.

Ecky Thump
19-12-2016, 20:15
Now that you mention it, they do look very much alike. :D

6735 6736

I made a fortune with my rendition of Harry Lauder's ..A Wee Deoch an Doris :scotland:

I'm sure that it was Angusjim that put a button in my cap.

https://youtu.be/ZMKKWhnDcnk

warbey
19-12-2016, 21:03
Ive heard an offkey rendition in Sauchiehall St Ecky.

Thought it was Davie Thistle though!