PDA

View Full Version : Home and Garden Planning permission granted but neighbours unhappy

BoPeep
15-06-2014, 15:40
We have some friends who are living through a bit of a nightmare.

Some people (English) just down the road from them have got planning permission to put up an extension with a balcony on the roof above. They presume there is planning permission because there is a bit of paper high up on the front wall of the house that looks like it is from the council.

It is blotting out their view of the sea and it looks awful. It also takes a lot of privacy from a lot of houses.

My friends were not aware these people had permission to extend and they certainly didnt get any notifications but now the building is up is there anything they can do about it.

marbro8
15-06-2014, 16:11
are you talking about tenerife or uk?, i know here in the uk when we submitted plans to turn our 2 houses into one address all your neighbours within about 4-5 houses to your left-right and opposite had a letter sent to them with your plans attached, and they have months to lodge any complaints, and they were also on show at the local town hall, these days all the plans can be seen online, but i don't know what the rules are in tenerife, from what i have heard of the corruption over there it wouldn't surprise me if some local authority geezer has taken a back hander to keep it all quiet until it was to late to complain:nono: i would get in touch with someone from the local authority to try and find out and take it from there;)

Tom & Sharon
15-06-2014, 16:27
Can't they just go down to the ayuntamiento and find out for sure if there is permission?

bulldog
15-06-2014, 16:33
there is nothing they can do in Tenerife when you apply for a building licence the person nor the council
have a legal obligation to inform anyone if they get a licence it is based on the property qualifying nothing
more ,sad but true you only have to see a complex with sea views have another one built right in front of it
you can go to your local townhall oficina tecnica and checkout the licence.

mike in chayofa
15-06-2014, 19:09
....you can go to your local townhall oficina tecnica and checkout the licence.

The house next door to mine is about to have some sort of work done. There is a licence number from Arona ayuntamiento attached to the wall.

I can't believe that in this day and age you can't get information about the proposed works on line!

princessmonika
16-06-2014, 07:06
i ireland you can --mike

BoPeep
16-06-2014, 11:18
This is in Tenerife, there is definitely permission hence the paper on the wall, but do they have no way of appealing?

It certainly doesnt seem likely that they can appeal as most times the appeal would come after the building has started because that is when the permission paper goes on the wall, they wouldnt know about it until then.

After all, most people wouldnt tell their neighbours if they thought it was going to cause them some problems and get the work stopped while the appeal went through the system.