PDA

View Full Version : Jet 2 - 20% off all flights

green1960
20-06-2014, 10:04
This is on for the next 12 hours. So just in case anybody is looking for flights to Tenerife. I booked 2 seats from Tenerife to Manchester - 14 November £77 each - no seats. Not exactly cheap, but I think November can be expensive.

Angusjim
20-06-2014, 11:06
This is on for the next 12 hours. So just in case anybody is looking for flights to Tenerife. I booked 2 seats from Tenerife to Manchester - 14 November £77 each - no seats. Not exactly cheap, but I think November can be expensive.

Is that return ?

green1960
20-06-2014, 11:09
No - just one way. Easyjet was £80 when they were first released but has gone up now to over £100. Ryanair was only £48 when they were first released but does not arrive back in to Manchester until midnight, and that is too late. Like I said not exactly cheap. But other months might be reasonable, I think November can be quite expensive.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

These are lowest prices available:-

Man to Tfs

July - 52.00
Aug - 43.20
Sept - 53.60
Oct 43.20
Nov - 52.40
Dec - 67.20

TFS - MAN
July - 45.60
Aug - 87.20
Sept - 55.20
Oct - 67.20
Nov - 70.40
Dec - 40.00

green1960
21-06-2014, 08:58
Found something else out by accident when booking flights from Tenerife to the UK with Jet2. If you book on a laptop you pay in Euros, at your bank's exchange rate plus a £1.50 admin/exchange rate fee (my Bank does anyway Halifax). I tried doing a dummy booking on my phone and they charge you in £s and it was cheaper. Only about £8, but if you are booking a few flights and they are more expensive, then the saving would be more. Is it safe to use your debit/credit card on your phone? I have never done this before.

macdonald5
21-06-2014, 10:26
I checked our October and December 2014 dates ( already booked with Jet2)
our already booked prices were still £50 cheaper and December £100 cheaper than the '20% off offer'
Maybe other dates better but not ours ,dates with plenty empty perhaps
Next years prices with Jet2 are very steep !
We can only dream of paying the prices quoted in above posts !!

marbro8
21-06-2014, 10:30
I checked our October and December 2014 dates ( already booked with Jet2)
our already booked prices were still £50 cheaper and December £100 cheaper than the '20% off offer'
Maybe other dates better but not ours ,dates with plenty empty perhaps
Next years prices with Jet2 are very steep !
We can only dream of paying the prices quoted in above posts !!i checked for the dates we wanted in august but they don't fly back on the bank holiday monday and they were still as expensive as monarch

Angusjim
21-06-2014, 10:35
Often see cheap flights going out but the return flights are 3 times dearer and this cancels out your cheap outward flights:confused:

kingbaker
21-06-2014, 10:44
You'd need to be self employed or withour any definite committments to avail of these offers:confused:

marbro8
21-06-2014, 11:23
Often see cheap flights going out but the return flights are 3 times dearer and this cancels out your cheap outward flights:confused:yep you are right, £60 to fly out on the friday and nearly £200 to fly back on the monday? if they can fly you out for that much why can't they fly you back for that??? and another thing i have noticed is they put on the flight advert "only 4 seats left at this price" making you think the plane is nearly full, but if you go into the booking and choosing your seats the plane has only got about 20 booked seats tut tut tut

kingbaker
21-06-2014, 12:03
Few peeps book seats on my experience. The last time I flew to Brum, I was the only one with priority boardong and a seat.
I thought they had already boarded whem I arrived at boarding gate...:p:p:p:confused:

kingbaker
21-06-2014, 12:14
An alternative I've used before is to check different airlines.

Once flew from Dub to Lpl,with RA then Lpl to Tfs. With RA.
On way home. Easy to Gat, train to Lon. Train to H Wickham. Train to Brum, and Eurolines bus/ferry to Dublin.

Had a fab time......love travel.:p:(:p:D:p

green1960
21-06-2014, 13:00
Often see cheap flights going out but the return flights are 3 times dearer and this cancels out your cheap outward flights:confused:

We often fly out to Tenerife with one airline and our return flight with a different airline, for that very reason. On occasions my return flight has been booked before my flight out to Tenerife.

yep you are right, £60 to fly out on the friday and nearly £200 to fly back on the monday? if they can fly you out for that much why can't they fly you back for that??? and another thing i have noticed is they put on the flight advert "only 4 seats left at this price" making you think the plane is nearly full, but if you go into the booking and choosing your seats the plane has only got about 20 booked seats tut tut tut

I think what they mean by "only 4 seats left at this price" is that if you book 5 seats the price goes up, not that the plane is nearly full.

Angusjim
21-06-2014, 13:13
We often fly out to Tenerife with one airline and our return flight with a different airline, for that very reason. On occasions my return flight has been booked before my flight out to Tenerife.

I think what they mean by "only 4 seats left at this price" is that if you book 5 seats the price goes up, not that the plane is nearly full.

Flexibility on dates / days will get you better prices but not everyone has that luxury

green1960
21-06-2014, 20:10
Our dates are fixed, as we book the apartment first, and then book flights as they are released. We always fly home on a Friday which of course is the most expensive day.

kingbaker
21-06-2014, 21:29
I found that it was best to go on tues and come back thurs week. Or thurs and return on tues week. Best value by far. Some hotels wont allow this.