PDA

View Full Version : Employment Information needed about using the unemployment service in Tenerife

Timdowd
22-06-2014, 14:57
I posted this as a reply in another thread but it was for introductions nod birthdays so I thought I would ask here instead...

OK Ten days to go now until we arrive in Callao Salvaje... The German government has allowed me to take my unemployment insurance abroad as long as I sign on at the Spanish Oficinas de Empleo I think the nearest one is in Avda. Amsterdam, Edf. Valdés Center, Local 3, 38650 - Los Cristianos (Arona) in the first 8 days so I have until July 11th.

Does anyone have experience that they might want to share...?

bonitatime
28-06-2014, 06:59
I Know someone who managed this from the UK some years ago but not sure how easy it is now. Take a translator would be my advice

Timdowd
13-07-2014, 11:44
This is very true, you can wait for hours.

Someone will correct me if I am wrong, but I seem to remember that you will have to sign on at the social security office and also at INEM. They are in the same building just round the corner from each other. The Valdes centre is opposite Ofipapel.

You will need to speak Spanish. You can book an appointment on line and they will email or text you a number and time.

It won't be easy - nothing here ever is - and your best bet would be to contact someone who has excellent knowledge of how the system works.

I would suggest that you read forum member Diana's website and then contact her to help you through the process:

http://www.diana-mcglone.com/

Good luck with your move

Just an update... I went to the INEM and took a general information ticket just to find out what I needed... The wait was about 15 minutes (just enough time to eat my lunch :)) and the lady at the desk was very patient with my limited spanish (I've been using the DuoLingo app recommended on this forum since December) I showed her the German U2 form and said I needed to register within 7 days of arrival to continue receiving the German unemployment insurance. She copied the form and filled out another one. I told her I did not yet have my NIE she said not to worry I can bring it in in a couple of days... Going back two days later I waited another 15 minutes and gave my NIE they said they will call me if they find a job and to come back in three months... Went to the hacienda with my modulo 030 took 3 minutes... Went to the Ayuntamiento in Adeje registered in 5 minutes and came away with copies for the bank, social security, health center and social services for my wife's disability... All in all a very good experience...