PDA

View Full Version : Other La Caleta, good place to holiday? Looking for a villa 4 adults

ezzy
30-06-2014, 13:34
La Caleta, good place to holiday? Looking for a villa 4 adults in November, flights are booked. I am more familiar with places such as Los Cris, Fanabe or Torviscas. I understand from researching online that there is a regular bus from La Caleta, just wondering how remote it is from others experience pretty please :) hoping to get a villa booked this week all being well soooo excited x

marbro8
30-06-2014, 13:49
La Caleta, good place to holiday? Looking for a villa 4 adults in November, flights are booked. I would rather stay in Los Cris, Fanabe or Torviscas areas. I understand from researching online that there is a regular bus from La Caleta, just wondering how remote it is from others experience pretty please :) hoping to get a villa booked this week all being week soooo excited xla caleta is lovely, just picture a little cornish fishing village but in all year sunshine,i wouldn't personally stay there but i am more than willing to visit it a couple of times while we are on a 2 week break, we prefer a little bit more of the hustle and bustle of los cris, simply because of the choice of bars that they have, la caleta has a few bars i think? but is mainly famed for it's fish restaurants, and has no beach, just a cove, there is a regular bus route to all the main attractions in las americas,fanabe and los cris, and in fact we regularly walk from los cris to la caleta and back, taking in the whole of the sea front, it takes us about 6-8 hours but is truly stunning, you could always use la caleta as a base for your stay, and either bus or taxi to wherever you wanted to, or book somewhere a little more central so you can just walk to local attractions restaurants and bars, either way i hope you have a great time:wink2:

ezzy
30-06-2014, 14:03
Wow thanks marbro8 for your reply, truly appreciate you taking the time to reply. I have done some reading online as La Caleta isn't somewhere I have visited before and I thought it possible that the island may have drastically developed since I lived in the south 6 years ago ;-) I am still more swayed towards a bit more hustle and bustle but I will liaise with the others ;-) 6-8 hour walking jolts sound tiring but I bet they are so worth it; I left a piece of me in Tenerife when I returned to the Uk

marbro8
30-06-2014, 14:56
Wow thanks marbro8 for your reply, truly appreciate you taking the time to reply. I have done some reading online as La Caleta isn't somewhere I have visited before and I thought it possible that the island may have drastically developed since I lived in the south 6 years ago ;-) I am still more swayed towards a bit more hustle and bustle but I will liaise with the others ;-) 6-8 hour walking jolts sound tiring but I bet they are so worth it; I left a piece of me in Tenerife when I returned to the Ukyou are welcome ezzy:),as i said if you wanted to base yourselves in la caleta you are only a bus ride or taxi ride away from everything going on in the south, we have friends that had a taxi from the el mirador strip in los cris to la caleta a few weeks ago and it cost them about €20 between the 4 of them, and that is the furthest you would have to travel for a bit of nightlife, and it would only cost you about €3 on a bus,and as for the walking we love it, but you could walk to los cris from la caleta in about 1.5 hours comfortably,you also have the upmarket resort of del duque only a short 20 min stroll away along the front, with it's upmarket bars restaurants and shops, i have been looking online for villas with private pools for you, but you are limited i think because of the short timespan you have left yourself, most villas have been booked,and the only ones left seem to be in la caleta,cala salvaje golf de sur and amarilla golf, take a look at villarenters,owners direct and home and away good luck:)

Malteser Monkey
30-06-2014, 14:59
I left a piece of me in Tenerife when I returned to the Uk

I know that feeling well !

Well enjoy your holiday - don't think you can go wrong anywhere in Tenerife - there is something for everyone !

ezzy
01-07-2014, 00:19
you are welcome ezzy:),as i said if you wanted to base yourselves in la caleta you are only a bus ride or taxi ride away from everything going on in the south, we have friends that had a taxi from the el mirador strip in los cris to la caleta a few weeks ago and it cost them about €20 between the 4 of them, and that is the furthest you would have to travel for a bit of nightlife, and it would only cost you about €3 on a bus,and as for the walking we love it, but you could walk to los cris from la caleta in about 1.5 hours comfortably,you also have the upmarket resort of del duque only a short 20 min stroll away along the front, with it's upmarket bars restaurants and shops, i have been looking online for villas with private pools for you, but you are limited i think because of the short timespan you have left yourself, most villas have been booked,and the only ones left seem to be in la caleta,cala salvaje golf de sur and amarilla golf, take a look at villarenters,owners direct and home and away good luck:)

Thank you so much, again I really appreciate it. I think i am just a little picky and as you say we do have a short time span. I am sure whatever we find, we will be sure to have a lovely time and there is nothing stopping us from getting our walk on ;) or jumping on a bus. We hired a car last time but barely used it. I use to live in callao salvaje so would feel odd going back hehe

Dutts
01-07-2014, 20:42
La Caleta is great and a wonderful place to holiday! Some real finds like Restaurant 88 and La Calderon around the bay, which incidentally is fantastic for sea swimming, just use the steps in and out of the sea. Wander towards the far side of the village and there are 3 real gems for refreshment. Tere and Manoli's is a wonderful authentic bar with local prices. Next door is a new Belgian beer and coffee bar which is just brilliant. Further around is a decent Italian, Tutto Bene and James Place a top bar which shows all the sport. Buses mon - fri are about every 20 mins but get the bus up the hill and explore Adeje! Great place, dozens of bars, cafés and restaurants including Othellos, Du Marie and Compostela which are three great places to eat! Very reasonable. If you want a pool to swim in then use Jardin Caleta, it is heated and they've never objected yet. And only 30 mins walk to Fanabe of €5 in a taxi (cheaper than the bus for 4 of you).

Stoney
01-07-2014, 21:53
La Caleta is a great little quiet resort, there are a some smashing restaurants and tapas bars along the front, with fabulous views of the ocean etc etc. When we lived on the reef we loved to spend an afternoon there, eating Tapas and washing them down with some Sangria and maybe a few cocktails, then take a leisurely walk back home to San Eugenio. However if you go on holiday for the nightlife, its not really the place to go, unless you don't mind spending approx 15 euros on a taxi to get home or getting the last bus back, if you get the bus suggest you get a bono card makes it a lot cheaper, think we paid 1.15 euro each to get there from San Eugenio in April but could have been more.

ezzy
02-07-2014, 00:27
Still looking, will update :) really appreciate all your knowledge and advice of the island

Angusjim
02-07-2014, 06:33
Is there any legal Villas for holiday lets in La Caleta:whistle:

marbro8
02-07-2014, 08:03
Is there any legal Villas for holiday lets in La Caleta:whistle:yep mine and ecky's cousin's have some:cheeky:

Angusjim
02-07-2014, 12:01
yep mine and ecky's cousin's have some:cheeky:

You are both very lucky to have such generous cousins;)

Malteser Monkey
02-07-2014, 12:09
You are both very lucky to have such generous cousins;)

I didn't know they are related:wink2:

marbro8
02-07-2014, 12:17
I didn't know they are related:wink2:no different cousins but same perks:D

Malteser Monkey
02-07-2014, 12:22
no different cousins but same perks:D

I know - who would admit being related to Ecky eh:whistle::D:hide:

SteveLifeModel
21-07-2014, 17:50
I always stay in Adeje Park which is a short stroll to La Caleta. I love the area, nice and quiet and close to some really intersting scenery. I often wander over to the Hiipy beach/Diego Hernandez beach, a bit of a trek but worth it. Somewhere you can literally leave your inhibitons behind and get back to nature literally. Great place to top up that all over tan.

andyandcollette
24-07-2014, 20:59
Dutts says it all. It is a great place to holiday. Its difficult to get what your looking for at a reasonable price I would suggest maybe look at something else in the area. But if you spend the money and get a nice villa you will have a great spot. Whatever you do I would say you would be hard pushed not to have a great time in Tenerife its a wonderful place, my personal opinion is La Caleta has the beast of it all but for the beach you will need to walk 20 mins to Del Duque.

essexeddie
27-07-2014, 16:45
If you do decide to stay in Caleta I would hire a car. Its a very nice resort but I think I would be bored after a while.