PDA

View Full Version : Other Did anyone watch Glastonbury?

marbro8
04-07-2014, 23:31
just watching the best of glastonbury, blondie and lily allen O.M.G, debbie harry was inspirational in my younger years, and lily allen has such a distinctive voice, it really is a pleasure to watch:c2:, any other members got any favorite acts;)

Margaretta
05-07-2014, 00:41
Yes, Metallica and Dolly Parton.
Metallica to me were the epitome of the great heavy metal bands. Their performance was the equivalent to that of Queen at Live Aid. I loved the guitars and those craggy rock and roll faces. Brilliant.
Dolly was the entertainment queen. She looked wonderful, has loads of energy and her music is much loved. A great performer in my opinion.

Angusjim
05-07-2014, 07:10
just watching the best of glastonbury, blondie and lily allen O.M.G, debbie harry was inspirational in my younger years, and lily allen has such a distinctive voice, it really is a pleasure to watch:c2:, any other members got any favorite acts;)

Yes Debbie harry used to give me an inspiration as well:whistle::eyebrows:

marbro8
05-07-2014, 09:52
Yes, Metallica and Dolly Parton.
Metallica to me were the epitome of the great heavy metal bands. Their performance was the equivalent to that of Queen at Live Aid. I loved the guitars and those craggy rock and roll faces. Brilliant.
Dolly was the entertainment queen. She looked wonderful, has loads of energy and her music is much loved. A great performer in my opinion.my mate at work has seen metallica 5 times now, and you can always tell when he has pulled up in the van because thats all you can hear banging out of the windows:lol:, i wasn't really into heavy metal in my youth, queen was my favorite band;), as to dolly she is a huge megastar, but it is rumoured that she was lip syncing:dontknow:

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Yes Debbie harry used to give me an inspiration as well:whistle::eyebrows::lol::lol::lol:........

Margaretta
06-07-2014, 00:38
Dolly may have been 'lip-syncing' for some of the performance. She was very out of breath when she came onstage and may have needed a little help here and there but she is 67/68 and has done it all and recorded it all. So for me, if I'd noticed, it wouldn't have detracted from the admiration I and so many have for her and her amazing stamina, entertainment value and sense of fun.

Rebelión
06-07-2014, 05:55
For me.....The Pixies, a fine band from Boston !

http://www.bbc.co.uk/events/errnc8/acts/amxwrz#p021gz53