PDA

View Full Version : Other What do I need to open a Spanish bank account?

FrankieTenerife
05-07-2014, 15:32
Hello everyone

I've heard various different things about this, that I'd need a permanent residence or a work contract, and others saying all I need is an NIE number

Can anyone shed any light on this?

slodgedad
05-07-2014, 19:46
Hello everyone

I've heard various different things about this, that I'd need a permanent residence or a work contract, and others saying all I need is an NIE number

Depends what type of account. There are resident accounts and non resident. Discuss it with your preferred bank

LUCKY
05-07-2014, 20:14
Hello everyone

Money ........ Is there any in Lower GDS ? (only done to bump the thread ):flatcap:

essexeddie
07-07-2014, 16:59
All you need is your ID (Passport) and proof of wages or pension and a couple of utility bills. You don't need your NIE.

FrankieTenerife
08-07-2014, 17:50
it would be non-resident as I don't have a permanent residency or work contract

essexeddie
08-07-2014, 20:12

I did refer to a non resident, but I'm not sure about no permanent address though. You must have an address?

bextus
29-08-2014, 11:49

Tax document or income source from the country that you pay your taxes or anything else that prove your income may work, and address here. Could be a friend address.
Santander will send the card to this address. Bank March will ask you to pickup the card at the office as well as LaCaixa, so in most cases is good to be a valid address.
Smaller banks that need more business will ask less documents, or non. But be careful with the contracts. LaCaixa may try to put you insurance 5/mo rip off, they say mandatory but it is not, you cannot stop it for a year by law. You must give them a 2 mo notice before the renewal date.

essexeddie
29-08-2014, 14:59
I got caught on that Insurance two month cancellation trap a few years ago. For years I was just paying through the Bank at €400 pa. Until I got a quote for less than €200. I just stopped the DD at the Bank.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Strange rules they have in Tenerife.

bextus
01-09-2014, 00:54
Amazing, if you do not give them 2 mo advance before notice before the end of the year they will roll it for another year. I had to fight with them and to close the account.

Minerva
18-10-2014, 08:58
There is a quarterly charge of 12 euros

12 euros quarterly??? That sounds like a highway robbery to me. Do they all overcharge so much? And if so, why?

Dmitry528
19-11-2014, 16:25
list of spanish banks in tenerife, just in case

1 Banco Santander
2 BBVA
3 CaixaBank
4 Bankia
5 Banco Sabadell
6 Banco Popular
7 Ibercaja
8 Unicaja
9 CatalunyaCaixa