PDA

View Full Version : Health How do you obtain a disabled sticker for a car in Tenerife?

nervous
15-07-2014, 16:09
Does anyone know how my elderly and somewhat infirm parents who have lived in Tenerife North for 35 years, obtain a disabled sicker for their car. My mother is almost immobile due to osteoporosis of the spine, so walking any distance to the hairdressers for example is a real problem.

Many thanks

D

LUCKY
15-07-2014, 20:19
Hi :welcome: to the forum . just an :idea: why not contact link below maybe they could shed some light on the subject :flatcap::flatcap:

http://www.bluebadge-tenerife.com/customer-loyalty-form.htm

nervous
15-07-2014, 20:40
Thank you for the information, I will contact them, someone told me the Red Cross might be able to supply the "Disabled" badge for the car.

Thank you again.

D

LUCKY
15-07-2014, 20:50
Thank you for the information, I will contact them, someone told me the Red Cross might be able to supply the "Disabled" badge for the car.

Thank you again.

D

no probs hope you get it sorted :flatcap:

Tshirt
15-07-2014, 20:51
Or you could just buy some stickers from ebay:wink:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=blue+badge&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1311.R12.TR12.TRC2.A0.H1.Xd isabled&_nkw=disabled+stickers&_sacat=0

LUCKY
15-07-2014, 20:55
Or you could just buy some stickers from ebay:wink:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=blue+badge&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1311.R12.TR12.TRC2.A0.H1.Xd isabled&_nkw=disabled+stickers&_sacat=0

Do you not print your own in Lancashire do you not. ( Look at me the Yorkshire lad speaking Lancashire ) :lol::lol::flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:

Tshirt
15-07-2014, 21:13
Do you not print your own in Lancashire do you not. ( Look at me the Yorkshire lad speaking Lancashire ) :lol::lol::flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:

As if :nono:

obs
15-07-2014, 21:45
Why not ask their doctor? Thats where it starts.

Does anyone know how my elderly and somewhat infirm parents who have lived in Tenerife North for 35 years, obtain a disabled sicker for their car. My mother is almost immobile due to osteoporosis of the spine, so walking any distance to the hairdressers for example is a real problem.

Many thanks

D

nervous
15-07-2014, 21:51
I will pass that on to them. Many thanks to everyone.

D

bonitatime
15-07-2014, 22:22
https://sede.gobcan.es/sede/tramites/2063

Megaloo
15-07-2014, 23:14
MY Husband has one but we were a long time in the process getting it.
His Consultant had to give us a form which we took to an office behind the Hotel Majec at that time then it had to go through processes.
He was then called to Santa Cruz to be interviewed and seen by another Doctor and after about 16 months he eventually got it. But in the meantime if you take paperwork to the Police Station in Puerto they will issue a Temporary one to use around Puerto and I believe 15 kilometres radius.

We were told at that time that the Social here have not a separate dept. to issue Blue Badges like in the UK they were dealt under a general heading therefore tended to not be treated as particularly important, but all may have changed.

timmylish
16-07-2014, 03:12
MY Husband has one but we were a long time in the process getting it.
His Consultant had to give us a form which we took to an office behind the Hotel Majec at that time then it had to go through processes.
He was then called to Santa Cruz to be interviewed and seen by another Doctor and after about 16 months he eventually got it. But in the meantime if you take paperwork to the Police Station in Puerto they will issue a Temporary one to use around Puerto and I believe 15 kilometres radius.

We were told at that time that the Social here have not a separate dept. to issue Blue Badges like in the UK they were dealt under a general heading therefore tended to not be treated as particularly important, but all may have changed.

I can assure you that the procedure is, if anything, even more complicated and time consuming. I have been trying for one shortly after my stroke and then my susequent problems with my spine but am told that of the 50 odd points I need to qualify, I come up short by 3 points. Yup 3 measly points which I will only achieve if I am confined to a wheelie bin! So that,s me for now.

nervous
16-07-2014, 18:54
I will pass this along. Thank you for taking the time to respond.

D

Cruise
17-07-2014, 11:33
So if i have 39% descapacidad , do I qualify to get one? and where in Los Cristianos area , do I have to go pls?

Megaloo
17-07-2014, 23:19
Sorry to hear that Timmylish thought it may have become easier

Certainly seems a lot easier in the UK I know several up here in the North who use their Uk badge but are well enough to play tennis and bowls ::mad:

timmylish
18-07-2014, 00:49
Must say I,m tempted to get one from eBay but wonder what the polis would do if they stopped me or questioned me at a parking space for the disabled?

Megaloo
18-07-2014, 21:21
Must say I,m tempted to get one from eBay but wonder what the polis would do if they stopped me or questioned me at a parking space for the disabled?

Could always try :devil2: