PDA

View Full Version : Are there any Santander ATMs in or near the Golf del Sur?

richardsonj
16-07-2014, 19:02
Hi all,

I'm going on holiday to Golf del Sur next week and I bank with Santander UK so I'm eligible for free cash withdrawals in Spain (and I assume Tenerife). I'm looking to take advantage of this and would like to know the location of Satander ATMs nearest to Golf del Sur (specifically Royal Park Albatros). If anyone could help that would be great!

timmylish
16-07-2014, 19:26
Las Chafiras, behind Mercadona is your best bet!

LUCKY
16-07-2014, 20:35
I cannot think of any in Lower GDS or if i may use the word Higher. Bring yer english and a good exchange rate can be had at San Blas,:flatcap:

http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?33340-Can-I-use-my-UK-Santander-card-in-Tenerife-with-no-charge

Saltnpepper
21-07-2014, 19:41
Santander used to have an office in Golf del Sur but it closed a couple of years ago. Las Chafiras is the nearest branch, & does have an ATM. Located opposite the rear entrance to Mercadona. As Lucky suggests though, bring sterling with you & exchange it here - there are several places to exchange money at, we always go to San Blas shopping centre. Check out the tourist shop in the corner of the middle square which always displays the rate outside & the last time I went the guy was very nice. The other shops don't normally have the rate displayed outside. And I didn't like the guy at the shop in the middle square on the corner near Tenerife Property Shop at all so wouldn't recommend you go there. Hope this helps.

Red Devil
21-07-2014, 21:36
You still get a better rate using your card at Santanders own atm's than you do changing sterling in resort.

LUCKY
21-07-2014, 21:45
You still get a better rate using your card at Santanders own atm's than you do changing sterling in resort.
wats the other machine at san blas something like red stripe wats that all about the one oposite sunset view:flatcap:

kingbaker
21-07-2014, 22:17
Banca March used to have a branch and an ATM machine there in tbe mall.;):p

Red Devil
21-07-2014, 22:21
Banca March used to have a branch and an ATM machine there in tbe mall.;):p
But the OP wanted a Santander branch.

LUCKY
21-07-2014, 22:25
But the OP wanted a Santander branch.

yes but wats that red stripe malarky hole in wall opposite sunset view :flatcap:

Red Devil
21-07-2014, 23:00
Havent a clue, only ever been through GDS on route to El Medano ��

essexeddie
13-08-2014, 17:12
If you pop in to Los Cristianos there are two Santander branches.

You will get an extra couple of cents per Euro using an ATM.

timmylish
13-08-2014, 19:21
If you pop in to Los Cristianos there are two Santander branches.

You will get an extra couple of cents per Euro using an ATM.

What on earth would make you want to go to LC to use a Santander ATM when I,ve already directed them to one at las Chafiras. Reading this thread just confirms my opinion of a lot of members using this Forum, I,m so sorry to say!!!!!!!!!

essexeddie
13-08-2014, 20:20
What on earth would make you want to go to LC to use a Santander ATM when I,ve already directed them to one at las Chafiras. Reading this thread just confirms my opinion of a lot of members using this Forum, I,m so sorry to say!!!!!!!!!

Sorry didn't realise it was your Forum.
Have you ever thought that they may go there sight seeing. Not much to see in Chafiras sunshine. ;)

timmylish
13-08-2014, 21:20
Sorry didn't realise it was your Forum.
Have you ever thought that they may go there sight seeing. Not much to see in Chafiras sunshine. ;)

You should have bailed out when you could have, rather than digging that well known 'hole' for yerself!

essexeddie
14-08-2014, 16:12
Who's digging??

Blimey , you've a short fuse. Who rattled your cage.

Susief
14-08-2014, 16:38
You should have bailed out when you could have, rather than digging that well known 'hole' for yerself!

Who's digging??

Blimey , you've a short fuse. Who rattled your cage.

Come on boys play nicely.

Timmy I think you need to go back to bed and get out the other side. You were the one at fault with your comment.

Plus you replied to a post from 16 July, op said they going week after, probably be back home now.

martincrabb99
14-08-2014, 17:28
I actually think that the post by Essex Eddie was quite useful, what if a particular ATM was out of use. It is good to have alternatives and useful information at hand.

essexeddie
14-08-2014, 17:33
Oops! I didn't notice the date. my mistake. Must pay attention.

Thanks Martin, I was only trying to be helpful. Santander is in LC town by the Taxi rank and another one just up from the Mirador Strip.

Susief
14-08-2014, 19:10
I actually think that the post by Essex Eddie was quite useful, what if a particular ATM was out of use. It is good to have alternatives and useful information at hand.

Yes agreed it's handy to know the different locations.

primrose
23-02-2015, 10:46
It's a long way to come from Los Angeles to use an ATM in Las Chafiras.

Ecky Thump
23-02-2015, 12:07
It's a long way to come from Los Angeles to use an ATM in Las Chafiras.
Hedge has been reported, hopefully he/she or it will soon be banned.

TOTO 99
23-02-2015, 13:55
Hedge has been reported, hopefully he/she or it will soon be banned.

No sooner said than done.

I'm gonna miss seeing his name against every single post in a morning. Threads so old that the OP was asking where best to change their money into pesetas.....:laugh:

Malteser Monkey
23-02-2015, 14:08
No sooner said than done.

I'm gonna miss seeing his name against every single post in a morning. Threads so old that the OP was asking where best to change their money into pesetas.....:laugh:

:hedge::hedge::lol: