PDA

View Full Version : Hello :o)

jerseyjen
20-07-2014, 02:59
Hi there

I'm Jen and live in the Channel Island of Jersey.

My partner and I have been visiting Tenerife for 7 years and have well and truly fallen in love with the island.

I run a travel business booking tours, excursions, tickets etc for UK island based holidays, currently looking into the logistics of doing the same in Tenerife as the other half is keen on a move once his old flat over here has sold. Other half is a miserable old cab driver.

We've finally hit summer here, but will be back in Puerto de la Cruz in January for a few weeks of winter sunshine (much needed by then!!).

Anyway... just saying hello :o)

Rickiebear
20-07-2014, 08:39
Hi Jen, welcome to TF. We also love Tenerife. I first visited the island with my parents many years ago, and fell in love with it. A dream was always to live on the island a dream now fulfilled. Only wish we had done it sooner.

LUCKY
20-07-2014, 08:44
:welcome::flatcap:

welsh wendy
20-07-2014, 09:42
Hi Jen:welcome: We have been holidaying on this lovely isle since the 70's. We bought our apartment in the 90's and we are now looking forward to retirement in the next 2/3 years when we can spend more time there.:hi::hi:

TOTO 99
20-07-2014, 10:00
Hi Jen, welcome to the forum.

Lucky you living in Jersey. I've worked there many times over the years weaving our flooring magic into lots of the local hosteleries. Not been for a few years now but I have nothing but great memories of the fun we had there. I'm sure you'll have been in some of the one's we've done, including;

Chambers
The Earl Grey
Lamplighter
So Bar
Adelphi
Tenby Bars
Admiral Tavern
Mont Felard
The Goose
St Peters Country Inn
La Pulente
Old Portelet
Prince Of Wales ( Greve De Lecq )
The Dolphin ( Gorey )

We did that many over the years I can't remember them all...Lol...Great place and second only to Tenerife on my list of favourites..:tiphat:

melm
20-07-2014, 14:01
welcome jerseyjen from me:welcome::hello:

marbro8
20-07-2014, 17:04
welcome to the forum, we love tenerife and also have fond memories of jersey;), my wife's uncle lives in st helier, we thought we would surprise him a few years ago, so we flew over armed with the address book and proceeded to try and find him,we went to his address only to be told that he had moved years ago, so we spent the rest of the day trying to track him down without any luck:(, so as a last resort i looked him up in the local phone book,there was an A bates listed so my wife rang the number, and it was him, she said "where do you live now? and he said "where are you staying?" she said "at the merton hotel" he said "well come to your window and i will wave to you":laugh::laugh::laugh:, it turned out he was just over the road living in some 2 story apartments:laugh:

TOTO 99
20-07-2014, 18:24
welcome to the forum, we love tenerife and also have fond memories of jersey;), my wife's uncle lives in st helier, we thought we would surprise him a few years ago, so we flew over armed with the address book and proceeded to try and find him,we went to his address only to be told that he had moved years ago, so we spent the rest of the day trying to track him down without any luck:(, so as a last resort i looked him up in the local phone book,there was an A bates listed so my wife rang the number, and it was him, she said "where do you live now? and he said "where are you staying?" she said "at the merton hotel" he said "well come to your window and i will wave to you":laugh::laugh::laugh:, it turned out he was just over the road living in some 2 story apartments:laugh:

Keep well in with him mate....:laugh:

marbro8
20-07-2014, 18:57
Keep well in with him mate....:laugh::laugh: don't worry i have already thought it:laugh:, we last saw him about 10 years ago,and the apartment he was living in didn't look that special, i would say you would be worth about £80,000 over here, but even then it was worth £300,000:wow:, they have very strict rules of residency in jersey, you can get it if you marry an islander, or you have lived in furnished accommodation and worked there for 20 years, and i think they allow a few every year if you are earning over a certain amount, probably millions :laugh:, they built some new apartments a few years ago on some of the the most expensive reclaimed land ever, they reclaimed it from the sea, but after they had finished building it was deemed to be unsafe, and i still don't know to this day if they were ever inhabited???, but i remember sans uncle saying they were valued at about £600,000 then:wow: