PDA

View Full Version : Other If your flight is diverted, does the airline have to arrange transfers?

essexeddie
20-07-2014, 17:03
If your flight landing was transferred from the South to the North due to weather conditions like ours was in June. Are the airlines compelled to get you back to the South airport.
We managed our own way back but should we have waited for Easyjet to organise a transfer?
Just wondered in case it happens again.

delderek
20-07-2014, 18:49
Normally airlines will be responsible for getting you to the destination airport.

Skeggy
20-07-2014, 19:02
Probably do it quicker under your own steam for not a great deal of money.......

essexeddie
20-07-2014, 19:23
From the North airport to the South its €125 by taxi. Which is a lot considering our flight fare from UK was £40.
I have e-mailed Easyjet and am awaiting their replay, when I get it I will post on here.

Skeggy
20-07-2014, 19:24
Landed in Luton instead of Gatwick with either Easy Jet or Monarch can't remember but it was a nightmare, no announcements at all and we were lucky to eventually find a coach that was provided by the airline which left a lot of passengers to make their own way in the early hours of the morning not an easy task.

Stoney
20-07-2014, 19:26
When you buy a ticket from an airline you enter a contract with them to take you from place A to place B. It's the airlines responsibility to fulfill their part of the contract, so yes they are responsible to get you to the correct destination, whether that is by plane or plane and bus or taxi. Just like you are responsible to comply with their terms and conditions, ie turning up ontime, not smoking on the flight etc etc. However, if you arranged transport yourself without obtaining written permission and their agreement to pay the cost , then it is you who has broken the contract, so getting compensation would be very unlikely.

essexeddie
20-07-2014, 19:53
I wasn't after compensation I just wondered in case it happens again. If they are responsible then next time I would wait for the transfer.

Skeggy
20-07-2014, 20:28
Three euros at most for bus to Santa Cruz from Rodeo and Nine Seventy Five to Reina Sofia, this is without a bono. Buses run at all hours. every half hour on the hour and half hour from Santa Cruz. 6.75€ with bono

essexeddie
20-07-2014, 20:54
Three euros at most for bus to Santa Cruz from Rodeo and Nine Seventy Five to Reina Sofia, this is without a bono. Buses run at all hours. every half hour on the hour and half hour from Santa Cruz. 6.75€ with bono

That's ok if you know that, most travellers don't. Would you have the same knowledge if you landed at, say a Turkish airport?

Ecky Thump
20-07-2014, 21:21
I've just deleted my two posts on this, as I'm not sure that you want advice/help/ information or anything else!???

kingbaker
20-07-2014, 22:07
I wasn't after compensation I just wondered in case it happens again. If they are responsible then next time I would wait for the transfer.

I think you are confusing responsablity and organising a transfer. There may not always be transport available......need to keep receipts. ;)

Stoney
20-07-2014, 22:39
I've just deleted my two posts on this, as I'm not sure that you want advice/help/ information or anything else!???

Think you might be right Ecky

essexeddie
21-07-2014, 16:08
- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Well that was the general idea.
Not sure as yet if I will get an answer from Easyjet.