PDA

View Full Version : TalkTalk

chris
23-06-2011, 15:09
I have no internet since Monday and just managed to get back online my provider is Virgin Media. This is the third time in 6 months this has happened so I am looking into changing provider, TalkTalk looks very cheap has anyone had problems with them or anything good to say about them?

BobMac
23-06-2011, 15:34
I have no internet since Monday and just managed to get back online my provider is Virgin Media. This is the third time in 6 months this has happened so I am looking into changing provider, TalkTalk looks very cheap has anyone had problems with them or anything good to say about them?

I've been with them since they started up and have never had any major problems. When I have needed to contact them, they have been very helpful and have always managed to resolve the problem.

reggie
23-06-2011, 15:36
I'm with talk talk, never had a beef with them, Son tried to leave virgin, a right load of grief,

sundownersvince
23-06-2011, 16:18
I was with BT but they kept ripping me off. Now with Post Office for a couple of years now, very happy and much cheaper.

Skeggy
23-06-2011, 16:28
For me no problems with TalkTalk with telephone as well proving much cheaper than having both separate, reliable service but on rare occasions they have responded well, that is if you can understand their operatives.

Susief
23-06-2011, 16:32
We were with Tiscali for about 8/9 years with no problems, always paid about £15 a month for broadband, phoneline and unlimited calls, then Talktalk took them over and tried doubling our subscription.
Cancelled contract with them and went over to Sky but TT were hard to get away from, took ages for them to release our phone number!
Been with Sky 6-9 months and not had any probs, router they provided really easy to set up.

chris
23-06-2011, 17:39
Thanks for all the replies just looking at BT and they do a hot zone where I can use free wi fi in Tenerife at no extra charge but there download speed is 5.5 Mbps, would that be ok for streaming online games and movies?

HUFC
23-06-2011, 19:16
Is the 5.5 mbps a maximum or a figure given after they have checked your line?
if after check I would say enough speed there, if a maximium prob not, as you probably will never reach the stated figure.
We are with Talktalk, they quoted us up to 20mb. we are lucky to break 4.
Ideal for streaming vids, not sure on games as dont play them.

atlantico
23-06-2011, 19:25
take a look at BeThere (https://www.bethere.co.uk/web/beportal/homepage), as I pay £18 for 24Mb (now its £22) and constantly receive 21-22Mb

or else BT fibre optic if its near you.