PDA

View Full Version : Shopping Where can I buy pictures for home decorating?

Ekaterina
22-07-2014, 08:12
Hi everyone! Does anyone know where I can buy nice pictures for home decorating? Local painting will also do. We bought a house in Chayofa and would like to decorate walls with something pretty to look at (landscapes, still life, mountains, waterscapes, whatever). Hard-edge painting (abstract) may be of interest for my husband. I would also appreciate the advice of some local antique shops if any.
Thank you very much in advance!

Ekaterina
25-07-2014, 07:25
Really no one knows? No ideas at all? May be someone saw some painters selling their works in the street? May by in Santa-Cruz?

Rickiebear
25-07-2014, 08:22
Hi, we bought a lovely original oil painting including frame for 80€, in Puerto. Ours was of a local view, but there were others. Puerto may be to far for you to travel, but tourist areas nearer home may be worth visiting.

Ekaterina
25-07-2014, 08:45
Hi! Thank you very much for your reply! Yes, Puerto is on the other side of the island from us but if we decide to visit Loro park again it could be the option. So far we are taking a couple of nice pictures from Moscow (with frame) but it's a challenge - to make it fit the suitcase:lol:
A couple of years ago we visited El Drago park, my husband says he remembers some pictures for sale in Icod de los Vinos but again, it's even farther than Puerto.

junglejim
25-07-2014, 09:26
There are frequent exhibitions in Los Cristianos Cultural Centre and Adeje Cultural Centre .
plenty of information available in these centres .

essexeddie
27-07-2014, 17:55
There is a shop in LC that sells all sorts of pictures and old photographs. They are to the left slip road by the second Garage as you drive into the Town.

rosemary
27-07-2014, 20:49
I have some prints available for sale of micro pen and pastel currently being exhibited at the San Blas Cultural Centre in Golf del sur. These are fine drawings of lizards and plants of the island. http://www.sanblascentre.blogspot.com.es look under teachers and see Art work. A3 size without frame avaiaible for 35 euros. Larger sized originals with frame 75 euros.

kingbaker
27-07-2014, 22:49
Are they clean mrs?? ;)

junglejim
28-07-2014, 08:44
Exhibition in Adeje

http://www.adeje.es/uva/agenda/623-exposiciones-uva-2014

Ekaterina
10-08-2014, 22:29
Are they clean mrs?? ;)

We are lucky they are! We lost only wall clock made of colorful glass, they arrived cracked. But the pictures perfectly fit the empty spaces (and hooks) in the salon. We also dropped in the cultural center in Los Cristianos, looked around, but we were dissappointed with how it looked like inside. Only one small exibition and no sale at all. Someone recommended me a Sunday fair in Santa Cruz in Nuestra Senora de Africa market. They say there are pictures there and even the antique! Did anyone visit it?

Tshirt
11-08-2014, 09:46
If you want something cheap and cheerful try the Chinese shops, I know the one in Torviscas sells them.

LUCKY
11-08-2014, 10:42
If you want something cheap and cheerful try the Chinese shops, I know the one in Torviscas sells them.

That reminds me Ted you said Chinese, Why not paint by numbers Eh presto you got an original. Or print off the internet and just buy a frame when i said print off the internet i did not mean the whole of the internet!!:flatcap:

essexeddie
11-08-2014, 19:13
I did that once. I copied a print of the Thames Embankment off the internet and took the print to a local UK firm who copied an enlarged version onto canvas. Looks brilliant.