PDA

View Full Version : Why are Irish bars or pubs so popular in Tenerife?

LUCKY
24-07-2014, 22:26
I and a friend Called at Grandee Odonnels near Lower GDS . We started to question ourselves as you do after a drink or 3 , The intriguing quest was why after all these years, Oh and by the way The wild Geese is celebrating 12 years of business this coming Saturday. Free food is on offer.. So back to our drink fuelled question , Why pray do tell what is the attraction of Irish bars For tourist or residents.I was at a loss to to come up with a logical answer.:flatcap:

Ecky Thump
24-07-2014, 22:33
Simple logic says ...A-L-C-O-H-O-L
:doh:

LUCKY
24-07-2014, 22:36
Simple logic says ...A-L-C-O-H-O-L
:doh:
Yes our disscussion never took this into account, Also we may have missed the word CHEAP :flatcap:

Ecky Thump
24-07-2014, 22:40
Yes our disscussion never took this into account, Also we may have missed the word CHEAP :flatcap:

My answer came from a long past alcohol fueled lifestyle.:(

LUCKY
24-07-2014, 22:47
My answer came from a long past alcohol fueled lifestyle.:(
So this was all done by costly research Please forward all the reicepts to our forum accountant the one that is always in the red :wine: I could not possibly print her name. :flatcap:

ciderhunter
24-07-2014, 23:05
When I go into an Irish bar, it is for the entertainment. Most have genuine musicians playing and they play for a good long while too. It makes the bar bill a little more expensive, but worth it in my view. Entertainment in the English bars tends to be the dreaded Karaoke.

seanocelt
25-07-2014, 02:00
Luckily for me i can play in Irish Pubs or international bars. I prefer the Irish gigs as, just like the above poster, i prefer to play as "live" as possible, not just sing, and i prefer to not do karaoke. As a punter, i tend to visit them as i usually get close to what i expect. Live music, minimal karaoke, that alone attracts a different type of customer, a friendly atmosphere and Guinness. Each to there own, i love Grandees and i perform at the Wild Geese, great people to work for.

junglejim
25-07-2014, 08:02
I usually drink in a few of the "Irish" bars in Los Cristianos /Las Americas mainly for 2 reasons - Decent Draught Guinness and live "traditional" music .The main bars that are "proper" Irish to me are (in no order):-
Faces
The Claddagh
IrishFiddler
TempleBar
Chieftain
Dail Fountain
Devon Arms
Irish Times
Hole in the Wall
These all have a proper Irish connection and provide live music , decent Guinness (for Tenerife) and have comfortable clean premises .

Gaelic Corner & Dubliner are Spanish owned but have made a bit of an effort .
Other bars in these 2 areas I may have missed or aren't "Irish"

Malteser Monkey
25-07-2014, 09:12
I and a friend Called at Grandee Odonnels near Lower GDS . We started to question ourselves as you do after a drink or 3 , The intriguing quest was why after all these years, Oh and by the way The wild Geese is celebrating 12 years of business this coming Saturday. Free food is on offer.. So back to our drink fuelled question , Why pray do tell what is the attraction of Irish bars For tourist or residents.I was at a loss to to come up with a logical answer.:flatcap:

Your posts are starting to sound like warbey's..:lol:

I think because sober or drunk you'll never understand 'em

It's all about the craic

insert punchline !:D:bootyshake:

LUCKY
25-07-2014, 10:26
Your posts are starting to sound like warbey's..:lol:

I think because sober or drunk you'll never understand 'em

It's all about the craic

insert punchline !:D:bootyshake:_____________________:dancing: :flatcap::flatcap:

Angusjim
19-01-2017, 21:33
can i suggest for lovers of Irish bars visit Puerto Del Dublin in Lanzarote thers is 100,s oh them

offshore diver
16-03-2017, 22:54
I usually drink in a few of the "Irish" bars in Los Cristianos /Las Americas mainly for 2 reasons - Decent Draught Guinness and live "traditional" music .The main bars that are "proper" Irish to me are (in no order):-
Faces
The Claddagh
IrishFiddler
TempleBar
Chieftain
Dail Fountain
Devon Arms
Irish Times
Hole in the Wall
These all have a proper Irish connection and provide live music , decent Guinness (for Tenerife) and have comfortable clean premises .

Gaelic Corner & Dubliner are Spanish owned but have made a bit of an effort .
Other bars in these 2 areas I may have missed or aren't "Irish"

And new Irish bar opens tomorow opposite the Columbus hotel called paddy o Kelly a guy I know from the gym has done the refurbishment used to be Michael angels restaurant

irishmusico
20-03-2017, 03:27
Because we are alcoholics who love to chat.

Angusjim
20-03-2017, 07:22
Because we are alcoholics who love to chat.

Will see you in May at Harleys to listen to your chat :jumping: our favourite night out when we are over you are brilliant on that guitar :laugh:

irishmusico
20-03-2017, 08:06
Will see you in May at Harleys to listen to your chat :jumping: our favourite night out when we are over you are brilliant on that guitar :laugh:

I will see you then so :) I am the Keyboard player. Its the other Phil that is the guitar player :)

Angusjim
20-03-2017, 09:17
I will see you then so :) I am the Keyboard player. Its the other Phil that is the guitar player :)

I know :wink: