PDA

View Full Version : Shopping Where can I buy an Electric Scooter in Tenerife?

andyandcollette
27-07-2014, 13:03
I am looking to buy an electric scooter does anyone know if you can buy one on Tenerife ?

If anyone has one what would you recommend

Thanks. Andy

LUCKY
27-07-2014, 14:36
I am looking to buy an electric scooter does anyone know if you can buy one on Tenerife ?

If anyone has one what would you recommend

Thanks. Andy
It would be a lot cheaper to buy one in the UK. then fly out with it, some airlines do not charge for this service if it is for your use (ebay is a good source) As they are like the provebial rocking horse dung over here. because of the ageing population. :flatcap:

primrose
27-07-2014, 14:46
It would be a lot cheaper to buy one in the UK. then fly out with it, some airlines do not charge for this service if it is for your use (ebay is a good source) As they are like the provebial rocking horse dung over here. because of the ageing population. :flatcap:

Not just the ageing population my neighbours both 40 fit as fiddles have one each and use them all the time as they say it's easier to go out on them as they can never find a parking space if they go in the car, even use one to take the dog a walk.

LUCKY
27-07-2014, 14:52
Not just the ageing population my neighbours both 40 fit as fiddles have one each and use them all the time as they say it's easier to go out on them as they can never find a parking space if they go in the car, even use one to take the dog a walk.

Surely they should get one for the dog and save themselves some time , the dog could then go to the butchers :flatcap:

primrose
27-07-2014, 15:34
Surely they should get one for the dog and save themselves some time , the dog could then go to the butchers :flatcap:

It's legs are only about 6inch long and it's body about 2ft long, poor little thing needs a skate board to keep up.:dogwalk:

andyandcollette
27-07-2014, 15:41
Thanks LUCKY. I was thinking that I spotted a evo 800 for £299 I didn't think I beat that so you helped me decide. Just need to see the cheapest way of getting it out. Unfortunately I am on Ryanair out so they charge a fortune ( but I have to say I only normally have hand baggage and the flight was cheap as chips so I can not complain I guess. Thanks. Andy

essexeddie
27-07-2014, 16:13
They are getting to be a menace as a lot of people really don't need them. I think there should be some sort of control over them. Went to Australia on tour last year for over month and only saw two in the whole time we were there. I thinks its a lazy Brits thing. I know some people need them but surely do we have that many disabled people. Sometimes you cant move for them in town centres.

primrose
27-07-2014, 16:16
They are getting to be a menace as a lot of people really don't need them. I think there should be some sort of control over them. Went to Australia on tour last year for over month and only saw two in the whole time we were there. I thinks its a lazy Brits thing. I know some people need them but surely do we have that many disabled people. Sometimes you cant move for them in town centres.

Actually they are Spanish and Swedish,why do people put the Brits down all the time.

essexeddie
27-07-2014, 16:31
I'm not putting them down, why would I. I am one myself. Its just that nearly all people that I have seen on these scooters are British. There are a hell of a lot more of them at home in the UK than in Tenerife.

andyandcollette
27-07-2014, 18:05
I understand you concern essexeddie, unchecked some go nuts.

When I was over in June they were everywhere but for me its just about letting a 8 year old have a bit of supervised fun ( I wish i had one at his age) on all the empty large walkways we have in the area, I could set him a challenge to go here or there watch him whilst having a cold one. I suppose its like being a responsible dog owner owning a scooter, I would never let my boy annoy other people by riding it in a silly way by getting in walkers way or acting dangerously; as a parent thats my Job. My biggest concern is those who let their dogs poo and you have to avoid all that never mind the scooters they are easy to avoid in comparison.

primrose
27-07-2014, 18:07
I understand you concern essexeddie, unchecked some go nuts.

When I was over in June they were everywhere but for me its just about letting a 8 year old have a bit of supervised fun ( I wish i had one at his age) on all the empty large walkways we have in the area, I could set him a challenge to go here or there watch him whilst having a cold one. I suppose its like being a responsible dog owner owning a scooter, I would never let my boy annoy other people by riding it in a silly way by getting in walkers way or acting dangerously; as a parent thats my Job. My biggest concern is those who let their dogs poo and you have to avoid all that never mind the scooters they are easy to avoid in comparison.

You are joking I hope.

essexeddie
27-07-2014, 18:29
I agree on the dog poo. I haven't seen many places in the world as bad as Tenerife, and I'm not joking.
But surely you don't let kids drive a mobility scooter:nono:

martincrabb99
27-07-2014, 18:39
I agree on the dog poo. I haven't seen many places in the world as bad as Tenerife, and I'm not joking.
But surely you don't let kids drive a mobility scooter:nono:

All dog poo should be dealt with responsibly and anyone who rides a scooter of any type should be equally responsible... No ifs and no buts!

essexeddie
27-07-2014, 18:44
All dog poo should be dealt with responsibly and anyone who rides a scooter of any type should be equally responsible... No ifs and no buts!

I agree on that as well, but sadly its rarely the case.

kingbaker
27-07-2014, 18:58
My friend has a scooter but it doesn't leave any poo!! :p:p;)

martincrabb99
27-07-2014, 19:11
I agree on that as well, but sadly its rarely the case.

Totally agree, I have watched several Moronic imbeciles in action with their dogs and they should be executed!

essexeddie
27-07-2014, 19:30
Totally agree, I have watched several Moronic imbeciles in action with their dogs and they should be executed!

Bit harsh, but fair.

Tshirt
27-07-2014, 19:35

The dogs or the morons? :laugh:

Are we talking Mobility scooters here or electric scooters that the kids/teenagers can hire. It's the latter I have a problem with.

essexeddie
27-07-2014, 19:51
Mobility scooters

kingbaker
27-07-2014, 22:22
Think some peeps need to get a grip!! ;)

karinagal
27-07-2014, 23:01
Guys'n'gals - I think the op is NOT discussing a mobility scooter.. See here:

http://www.tevo.co.za/product.aspx?pid=95

primrose
27-07-2014, 23:11
Guys'n'gals - I think the op is NOT discussing a mobility scooter.. See here:

http://www.tevo.co.za/product.aspx?pid=95

Thank karinagal. Do you have to have insurance for them?

karinagal
27-07-2014, 23:13
Thank karinagal. Do you have to have insurance for them?

No idea, but given the speeds that it can do I would be really concerned about a youngster getting into serious trouble with one..

martincrabb99
27-07-2014, 23:17
The dogs or the morons? :laugh:

Are we talking Mobility scooters here or electric scooters that the kids/teenagers can hire. It's the latter I have a problem with.

Just the Morons!

martincrabb99
27-07-2014, 23:23
Think some peeps need to get a grip!! ;)

I'll decide when to get a grip[emoji6]

marbro8
27-07-2014, 23:46
No idea, but given the speeds that it can do I would be really concerned about a youngster getting into serious trouble with one..i was going to buy my nephews little lad one, he is 3, but then i read the small print and it said you have to be 14 to own one, so they got him a jake and the neverland pirates one instead:laugh: much more suitable me thinks:)

essexeddie
28-07-2014, 16:56
Sorry my mistake I thought we were talking about Mobility Scooters.:whistle: