PDA

View Full Version : Animal Chat I'm disgusted at the amount of people who dont clean up their dog's mess in Los Cristianos.

maxbaby
30-07-2014, 16:17
Hi all dog lovers,
I love dogs as much as anyone but having just returned from los cris for a 3 month stay I was disgusted at the dog owners who walk up and down various major/lovely parts of los cris and leave their dogs to 'do their business' and nevever clean up after them!!! i.e. up and down Avenida Londres is full of dog poo, the street just by the 'old market going towasrds Arona Gran the smell is overpowering and you cannot stroll along and enjoy tenerife just in case you step into this mess. Along paseo tamesis by the victoria court 1 is literally a dogs toilet!!!

Come on you dog owners have a bit of consideration for everyone else!!! You are lazy selfish owners!!!!

The poor council workers do their best to keep these areas clean, would you as an owner like to do that job????

Disgusted tenerife lover.:angry::angry::angry:

timmylish
30-07-2014, 16:26
Think you would be better writing to a Spanish newspaper 'cause the Spanish are not renowned for cleaning the streets in general, never mind dog waste.

maxbaby
30-07-2014, 16:41
Intend writing to above as suggested Tlimylish. But we can only blame the dog owners themselves.....we've watched them from our balcony and many of them are regulars! Do you thinkj they would like it if the children/grandchildren were exposed to this filth, not to mention the flies they cause. The areas I mentioned before are regularly cleaned by the council and unless they put cameras there the selfish dog owners will carry on regardless of letting their dogs poo without it being cleaned up by THE OWNERS.

LUCKY
30-07-2014, 17:33
Intend writing to above as suggested Tlimylish. But we can only blame the dog owners themselves.....we've watched them from our balcony and many of them are regulars! Do you thinkj they would like it if the children/grandchildren were exposed to this filth, not to mention the flies they cause. The areas I mentioned before are regularly cleaned by the council and unless they put cameras there the selfish dog owners will carry on regardless of letting their dogs poo without it being cleaned up by THE OWNERS.

Yes this really happened. :flatcap:

http://www.islandconnections.eu/1000003/1000043/0/42596/daily-news-article.html

Ecky Thump
30-07-2014, 17:43
Yes this really happened. :flatcap:

http://www.islandconnections.eu/1000003/1000043/0/42596/daily-news-article.html

Walking by Victoria Court1 and down to the market, you don't need fake ones, there is a abundance of real steaming ones!!

martincrabb99
30-07-2014, 18:14
So what exactly is the law in Tenerife relating to dog fouling. I am a dog owner in the UK and always clear up ....as all dog owners should. Where we have our apartment in Amarilla Golf most dog owners clear up their mess but a small few don't and they are in the main of UK descent!

Ecky Thump
30-07-2014, 18:20
So what exactly is the law in Tenerife relating to dog fouling. I am a dog owner in the UK and always clear up ....as all dog owners should. Where we have our apartment in Amarilla Golf most dog owners clear up their mess but a small few don't and they are in the main of UK descent!

I'm not 100% sure! but I think the only laws regarding this are local bylaws and they only appear to be enforced if it means collecting revenue.:dontknow:

amanda
30-07-2014, 18:38
Think you would be better writing to a Spanish newspaper 'cause the Spanish are not renowned for cleaning the streets in general, never mind dog waste.

Nor are the English german you name the nationally where i leave its a disgrace not the dogs fault their owners.

martincrabb99
30-07-2014, 20:09
Nor are the English german you name the nationally where i leave its a disgrace not the dogs fault their owners.

You are indeed correct the dog owners are completely responsible.

essexeddie
30-07-2014, 20:17
Totally agree, they have no pride. Its unacceptable in the UK. The Spanish are disgusting with this sort of thing, they just don't care. Its even worse in Pall Mar. Its every where.

Ecky Thump
30-07-2014, 20:27
The Spanish are disgusting with this sort of thing, they just don't care..

Out of the population of Tenerife, approximately 290,000 people are non Spaniards,....I wonder how many of them are dog owners!!rolleyes2:

essexeddie
30-07-2014, 20:44
289,000 I would have thought, everybody seems to have a dog.

Jabba43
30-07-2014, 20:51
There are no doggybags. They add them where I live and people use them but there is still **** everywhere. Even worse than dog poo, took our kids to the playground in Buzanada on the weekend and there was a human poo on the kidddie slide complete with newspaper smeared with the skids on it.

My wife cleaned it up with baby wipes as all the other mums and kids were avoiding it, she needs a medal! Humans are vertical pigs.

martincrabb99
30-07-2014, 20:53

It certainly seems like it sometimes although a lot are very responsible and in my experience the dogs appear to be well behaved....not all of the owners though!

martincrabb99
30-07-2014, 20:55
There are no doggybags. They add them where I live and people use them but there is still **** everywhere. Even worse than dog poo, took our kids to the playground in Buzanada on the weekend and there was a human poo on the kidddie slide complete with newspaper smeared with the skids on it.

My wife cleaned it up with baby wipes as all the other mums and kids were avoiding it, she needs a medal! Humans are vertical pigs.

There are a lot of humans I think that should be culled!

Ecky Thump
30-07-2014, 20:55

Eddie, the point I was trying to make is that on a open forum, you can't start calling a particular nation as disgusting and non-caring and in this case the forum maybe British/English/Scottish/Irish owned, but it is a forum that relates mainly to a Spanish Island and we are mainly visitors to the island, also the forum has Spanish members who have every right to be disgusted when they are stigmatised as being filthy people.

After saying that at times I have made careless remarks about other nationalities.:o

Oops sorry Malteser Monkey I missed out the Welsh:)

essexeddie
30-07-2014, 22:24
Perhaps I used the wrong words. I meant that the Spanish don't seem to care about the dog poo. Which I find is disgusting.

amanda
30-07-2014, 22:35
Here where i live there are a few who just open their gates and let them out on their own, my road is just a toilet you see the same people go past morning noon and night makes me mad, just pick it up

LUCKY
31-07-2014, 00:12
well thats one thing i can say for Lower GDS . our owners are 100% :flatcap: And Higher GDS have better figuers.
we may be lower but we have owners with hire standards.:flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:

Tom & Sharon
31-07-2014, 09:17
If the Spanish cared what the streets looked and smelled like, they wouldn't have had the "brainwave" of providing those horrible, smelly new bins on the streets and not letting people use bin stores any more!

primrose
31-07-2014, 11:35
If the Spanish cared what the streets looked and smelled like, they wouldn't have had the "brainwave" of providing those horrible, smelly new bins on the streets and not letting people use bin stores any more!

And they would take their rubbish home with them after they have been to the beach, the road between Costa Mar and Parque Tropical 111 was a disgrace yesterday, bags full of rubbish in the gutters, half eaten takeaways, empty beer bottles and cans, for goodness sake there are bins just along the road,but there again you are only allowed to put rubbish in bins between 8 and 12 at night and and they have employed 12 plain clothes policemen to spy on people putting rubbish in the bins at the wrong time.

Malteser Monkey
31-07-2014, 11:41
but there again you are only allowed to but rubbish in bins between 8 and 12 at night and and they have employed 12 plain clothes policemen to spy on people putting rubbish in the bins at the wrong time.

You don't normally joke about serious issues so I have to ask is this for real ?

primrose
31-07-2014, 12:04
You don't normally joke about serious issues so I have to ask is this for real ?

No not joking, and it makes life so difficult, having a disabled Husband I can't often go out at those times so risk a fine every time I take my rubbish.

Ecky Thump
31-07-2014, 12:04
People in the evening should have a look at the cigarette ends, empty bottles, broken glass etc. by the El Mirador strip and not hardly a Spaniards to be seen.....only British people!

Oh that is apart from the Spanish bin men.

primrose
31-07-2014, 12:11
People in the evening should have a look at the cigarette ends, empty bottles, broken glass etc. by the El Mirador strip and not hardly a Spaniards to be seen.....only British people!

Oh that is apart from the Spanish bin men.

Then perhaps it is up to the Bars to clean the mess up in front of their businesses,and there are not only British that use that area, there are many Nationalities.Just because there are cigarette ends round El Mirador doesn't make the mess left by the Spanish around Costa Mar any better.

maxbaby
31-07-2014, 12:16
Bar owners should be responsible for cleaning areas outside their own bars!!! They only have to brush up and perhaps swill or hose down that area therefore keeping pavements clean and even dog poo free!!

Ecky Thump
31-07-2014, 13:24
It's mainly the Britih people that use the bars in that area and both the PR's and about 90% of the staff are British, we are visitors to a Spanish Island, we should also take the blame for some of the dog poo and general rubbish, I have seen British apartment owners and holiday makers dumping both rubbish and furniture outside the gates of El Mirador and there is a bin shed only a extra 100mtr walk away!

maxbaby
31-07-2014, 16:17
Totally agree with you! Seen it all! Re: bar owners though, as mentioned, if they washed/hosed down the entrance to their bars/cafes it would look much more presentable. Think about it....the way they leave outside their bars so dirty imagine what their kitchens must be like! Personally it tends to put us off eating somewhere if the outside is dirty. Bar owners take note!!!

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

They should send their spies out on the dog owners!

primrose
31-07-2014, 17:09
It's mainly the Britih people that use the bars in that area and both the PR's and about 90% of the staff are British, we are visitors to a Spanish Island, we should also take the blame for some of the dog poo and general rubbish, I have seen British apartment owners and holiday makers dumping both rubbish and furniture outside the gates of El Mirador and there is a bin shed only a extra 100mtr walk away!People in the evening should have a look at the cigarette ends, empty bottles, broken glass etc. by the El Mirador strip and not hardly a Spaniards to be seen.....only British people!

Oh dear, you are not painting a very good picture of the area around EL Mirador, surprised anybody wants to holiday round there, dog poo, cigarette ends, broken glass,empty bottles and apartment owners dumping rubbish and I am amazed how many times El Mirador strip has been recommended to other holidaymakers on this Forum if it is so bad. In a Holiday resort with people of ALL nationalities there you are always going to get rubbish and it is up to the business owners and Council to make sure the area is cleaned.

Ecky Thump
31-07-2014, 17:23
In a Holiday resort with people of ALL nationalities there you are always going to get rubbish and it is up to the business owners and Council to make sure the area is cleaned.

If people want to either live or holiday in a nice area, then they should accept some of the responsibility themselves, not just dump stuff and say...."it's ok, the council will clean up after me"

That's the point I have been trying to make and that you can't just blame the local Spanish people, who by the El Mirador complex appear to be the minority group and the British the majority.

essexeddie
31-07-2014, 17:46
I agree about the dog ends in the gardens along Mirador Strip but I have never seen any signs of dog poo or dumped rubbish?
Rubbish by the bins is the norm all over the island. Also its a first one on me about dumping rubbish in the bins only between 8 and 12. Whats the point of that? Either a joke, which it must be, or another daft Spanish law.

Come on.......its a joke!

primrose
31-07-2014, 17:56
I agree about the dog ends in the gardens along Mirador Strip but I have never seen any signs of dog poo or dumped rubbish?
Rubbish by the bins is the norm all over the island. Also its a first one on me about dumping rubbish in the bins only between 8 and 12. Whats the point of that? Either a joke, which it must be, or another daft Spanish law.

Come on.......its a joke!

No it's not a joke, all household rubbish has to be in Bio/degradable bags and can only be put in the big bins on the street between 8 and 12 in the evening, there are fines of between 60 and 600 Euros for anybody found putting rubbish out any other time. They have started enforcing it since the new bins were put on the streets. Could have given you a link to the new rules but not allowed to post link on here.

martincrabb99
31-07-2014, 17:59
No it's not a joke, all household rubbish has to be in Bio/degradable bags and can only be put in the big bins on the street between 8 and 12 in the evening, there are fines of between 60 and 600 Euros for anybody found putting rubbish out any other time. They have started enforcing it since the new bins were put on the streets. Could have given you a link to the new rules but not allowed to post link on here.

Well thanks for the information, but I must confess that I've never heard about it before.....that's all I'm admitting in case a gaggle of undercover rubbish Police surround and cuff me up![emoji6][emoji15]

primrose
31-07-2014, 18:02
Well thanks for the information, but I must confess that I've never heard about it before.....that's all I'm admitting in case a gaggle of undercover rubbish Police surround and cuff me up![emoji6][emoji15]

You won't get away with that excuse here,you will just have to pay up.:laugh:

essexeddie
31-07-2014, 18:16
Just been informed by PM that its not a joke.
They have some odd priorities in Tenerife. They will fine people for putting rubbish in the bins at the wrong time but dogs can roam all over the beaches and foul every where and nothing is done about it. You couldn't make it up.

Ecky Thump
31-07-2014, 18:20

Primrose, do you know if it's ok to put rubbish in the bins that are stored in the sheds marked Basura outside of the permitted hours? ???

martincrabb99
31-07-2014, 18:25
A question for all. Does this apply to all of Tenerife or for example...just South Tenerife?

Ecky Thump
31-07-2014, 18:30
A question for all. Does this apply to all of Tenerife or for example...just South Tenerife?

If I were a betting man, then I would have a bet that it's a money earning local bye law for a cash strapped area.:)

primrose
31-07-2014, 18:41
Primrose, do you know if it's ok to put rubbish in the bins that are stored in the sheds marked Basura outside of the permitted hours? ???

Ecky will send you a PM. no it's not OK to even use the bins in the apartment blocks outside of these times,

essexeddie
31-07-2014, 18:48

He he he now you know what its like. The law is the law :twak:
Your this side now.:wink2:

LUCKY
31-07-2014, 18:50

It won't be only the key they throw away :flatcap:

Ecky Thump
31-07-2014, 18:55

If I were a betting man, then I would have a bet that it's a money earning local bye law for a cash strapped area.:)

Martin, send me the cash....it's a local bye law. I've just read it on the info that Primrose sent me.:D

LUCKY
31-07-2014, 18:56
Just been informed by PM that its not a joke.
They have some odd priorities in Tenerife. They will fine people for putting rubbish in the bins at the wrong time but dogs can roam all over the beaches and foul every where and nothing is done about it. You couldn't make it up.

And here it is for one all to read :flatcap:

Arona Ayuntamiento has introduced a ban on residents of the municipality putting their rubbish out before 8pm. Residents who attended a recent meeting held in Cabo Blanco by the Council to announce the measures said that they held the local authorities alone to blame for the state of the area, and that the responsibility for Arona’s dirtiness was being transferred to the borough’s citizens.

Those at the meeting were indignant that there will now be a fine for anyone caught failing to comply with the Ayuntamiento’s new regulations, and angry about what they perceive to be the Council’s manipulation in including pictures of piles of rubbish overflowing public wheelie bins in an information booklet delivered days before the meeting. None the less, the new rules applicable throughout Arona are that residents must keep rubbish indoors until they can dispose of it at 8pm, despite criticism of the measures on the grounds that it will cause a stench in dwellings throughout the day, particularly in the heat of midsummer.

primrose
31-07-2014, 19:01
And here it is for one all to read :flatcap:

Arona Ayuntamiento has introduced a ban on residents of the municipality putting their rubbish out before 8pm. Residents who attended a recent meeting held in Cabo Blanco by the Council to announce the measures said that they held the local authorities alone to blame for the state of the area, and that the responsibility for Arona’s dirtiness was being transferred to the borough’s citizens.

Those at the meeting were indignant that there will now be a fine for anyone caught failing to comply with the Ayuntamiento’s new regulations, and angry about what they perceive to be the Council’s manipulation in including pictures of piles of rubbish overflowing public wheelie bins in an information booklet delivered days before the meeting. None the less, the new rules applicable throughout Arona are that residents must keep rubbish indoors until they can dispose of it at 8pm, despite criticism of the measures on the grounds that it will cause a stench in dwellings throughout the day, particularly in the heat of midsummer.

It's not just the bins on the streets it also includes the bins on the complexes, you are not allowed to use these either before the stated times.
https://www.google.es/search?q=times+you+are+allowed+to+take+your+rubbis h+to+basura+in+arona+tenerife&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb&gfe_rd=cr&ei=dYLaU52TCoLA8geq5YCAAw

Well thanks for the information, but I must confess that I've never heard about it before.....that's all I'm admitting in case a gaggle of undercover rubbish Police surround and cuff me up![emoji6][emoji15]chance

I don't think you are allowed to call the Police here rubbish,so not much hope for you.

martincrabb99
31-07-2014, 19:20
It won't be only the key they throw away :flatcap:

I'm a trained man, I can pick locks[emoji6][emoji2]

martincrabb99
31-07-2014, 19:21
It's not just the bins on the streets it also includes the bins on the complexes, you are not allowed to use these either before the stated times.
https://www.google.es/search?q=times+you+are+allowed+to+take+your+rubbis h+to+basura+in+arona+tenerife&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb&gfe_rd=cr&ei=dYLaU52TCoLA8geq5YCAAw

chance

I don't think you are allowed to call the Police here rubbish,so not much hope for you.

Still not admitting to anything, I know my rights Guv[emoji1][emoji23]

martincrabb99
31-07-2014, 19:23
Martin, send me the cash....it's a local bye law. I've just read it on the info that Primrose sent me.:D

The proverbial brown envelope is sealed and waiting to buy you a babycham! Or a cortado!

primrose
31-07-2014, 19:26
The proverbial brown envelope is sealed and waiting to buy you a babycham! Or a cortado!

Quite the optimist aren't you, it will cost you a lot more than that Ecky doesn't come cheap.:whistle:

Tom & Sharon
31-07-2014, 20:37
I thought you weren't allowed to use the bin stores any more, since the new bins.

We used to have a nice clean bin store with doors on it. It has its own water supply, and could be hosed down, bins 'n all, just like in UK.

When the new bins were brought in, we were told that the bin stores were no longer allowed to be used. Now we have dirty, smelly bins standing on the street, in front of our locked, clean, bin store.

You couldn't make that one up either!

I often smile when I see those big rubbish wagons that say "Tenerife. Isla limpia" on the side. Yeah right........

blondie
31-07-2014, 21:20
I thought you weren't allowed to use the bin stores any more, since the new bins.

We used to have a nice clean bin store with doors on it. It has its own water supply, and could be hosed down, bins 'n all, just like in UK.

When the new bins were brought in, we were told that the bin stores were no longer allowed to be used. Now we have dirty, smelly bins standing on the street, in front of our locked, clean, bin store.

You couldn't make that one up either!

I often smile when I see those big rubbish wagons that say "Tenerife. Isla limpia" on the side. Yeah right........

All this information makes me realise why I was living next to a hovel at the Paloma Beach Apts in June. I could not believe the state of the area it was a dump. I have commented on here before about the smell of dog mess but this time it was just the entire area that was so disgusting. I didn't know whether the bins were full or folk were too lazy to put their rubbish in them but the place was a disgrace. The Arona Gran patrons must wonder what the hell they have come to when they step outside it.

essexeddie
31-07-2014, 21:23
Its a funny old world. Rules is rules, and they have a lot of them in Tenerife. Not that anyone takes any notice.

martincrabb99
31-07-2014, 21:37
Its a funny old world. Rules is rules, and they have a lot of them in Tenerife. Not that anyone takes any notice.

A funny old world indeed! but I do try to adhere to local laws. The forum has highlighted this law which I was totally unaware of and I am I'm the process of notifying the other owners on the complex where we have our apartment. Well done to those who have raised this[emoji106]

Ecky Thump
31-07-2014, 22:08
Quite the optimist aren't you, it will cost you a lot more than that Ecky doesn't come cheap.:whistle:

What's with this word CHEAP- the only cheep I know, is the one my budgie does!:D

LUCKY
31-07-2014, 22:44
Think i must go dispose of the rubbish now .Might as well take the 2 dogs out in the dark for protection.:flatcap:

primrose
31-07-2014, 23:24
All this information makes me realise why I was living next to a hovel at the Paloma Beach Apts in June. I could not believe the state of the area it was a dump. I have commented on here before about the smell of dog mess but this time it was just the entire area that was so disgusting. I didn't know whether the bins were full or folk were too lazy to put their rubbish in them but the place was a disgrace. The Arona Gran patrons must wonder what the hell they have come to when they step outside it.

That is well out of order,there might be rubbish left at the bins but that certainly doesn't make it a hovel, some of the nicest apartments and Villas in Los Christianos are in that area. What is so special about the people that stay at Arona Gran they are no better than the people that stay at Paloma Beach. The area is not a dump far from it, I am actually amazed at your post.

bonitatime
01-08-2014, 06:49
Adeje still allow bin storage areas

Ecky Thump
01-08-2014, 06:50
That is well out of order,there might be rubbish left at the bins but that certainly doesn't make it a hovel, some of the nicest apartments and Villas in Los Christianos are in that area. What is so special about the people that stay at Arona Gran they are no better than the people that stay at Paloma Beach. The area is not a dump far from it, I am actually amazed at your post.

When we stay in Los Christianos we often walk past the Paloma Beach apartments and we have never been aware of any particular smell in the area and if there were, then I'm sure the management of the Arona Grand, apartment and villa owners would soon complain and given the policy of the local authorities to promote high class accommodation, some action would have been taken.....overall a nice clean area, with as far as I'm concerned, no particular problem of either bin smells or a excess of dog poo.

LUCKY
01-08-2014, 08:33
Can a campaign not be started . .............. Dob Deceitful Dumpers :flatcap:

martincrabb99
01-08-2014, 08:50
Can a campaign not be started . .............. Dob Deceitful Dumpers :flatcap:

I know exactly where you are coming from!

LUCKY
01-08-2014, 08:53
I know exactly where you are coming from!

Ah but today do i come from Yorkshire (as it's Yorkshire Day) or am i coming from Lower GDS . (even i'm confused)
:flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:

martincrabb99
01-08-2014, 10:07
Ah but today do i come from Yorkshire (as it's Yorkshire Day) or am i coming from Lower GDS . (even i'm confused)

I'm always confused today I am a Moonraker as I was born in Wiltshire[emoji297]️[emoji2]

primrose
01-08-2014, 11:46

Course your going to be confused,your from Yorkshire.:flatcap:

LUCKY
01-08-2014, 14:55
Course your going to be confused,your from Yorkshire.:flatcap:

But i am not confused when to deliver my waste to the bin , Thank you all :flatcap::dog::doggy::run::hide:

blondie
01-08-2014, 16:07

The Paloma Beach Apts were spotless I think that's why it was so noticeable when you stepped outside them you noticed the rubbish strewn streets. The Arona Gran patrons are not any better than any other holidaymaker but they are paying for a premium price for their holiday and surely must expect more than they are getting at present. If there is nothing wrong with the area why are the Hotel management advising folk to complain to the council when the Trip Advisor reviews are unfavourable regarding the rubbish around that area its not the hotels fault.

primrose
01-08-2014, 16:33
The Paloma Beach Apts were spotless I think that's why it was so noticeable when you stepped outside them you noticed the rubbish strewn streets. The Arona Gran patrons are not any better than any other holidaymaker but they are paying for a premium price for their holiday and surely must expect more than they are getting at present. If there is nothing wrong with the area why are the Hotel management advising folk to complain to the council when the Trip Advisor reviews are unfavourable regarding the rubbish around that area its not the hotels fault.

If it is the case that guests were complaining to the management at Arona Gran about the state of the streets wouldn't it be better for the Hotel Management to complain to the council than individual holidaymakers, if they haven't done anything then they obviously don't care. Did you complain to the management of Paloma Beach that you were living next to a hovel, perhaps if the businesses got together and put in a formal complaint then more would be done.I really think hovel was a bad choice of word.A hovel is a building.

blondie
01-08-2014, 17:18
If it is the case that guests were complaining to the management at Arona Gran about the state of the streets wouldn't it be better for the Hotel Management to complain to the council than individual holidaymakers, if they haven't done anything then they obviously don't care. Did you complain to the management of Paloma Beach that you were living next to a hovel, perhaps if the businesses got together and put in a formal complaint then more would be done.I really think hovel was a bad choice of word.A hovel is a building.

I think the reason the Arona Gran are telling the patrons to complain is because they are getting nowhere complaining to the Council about the litter on the streets and the graffiti on the other side of the hotel along the beach.They have been promising for years now about the regeneration of the area and now it looks so derelict and uncared for ,its such a pity. Apologies if my choice of vocabulary offended you , it was not intended too offend anyone.

LUCKY
01-08-2014, 21:13
Its about to get dark . Just a reminder to one all . its time to waste your waste. I am off to take the 2 dogs out and the rubbish.
You would think some one would create an APP for this :flatcap:

Ecky Thump
01-08-2014, 22:24
Its about to get dark . Just a reminder to one all . its time to waste your waste. I am off to take the 2 dogs out and the rubbish.

There is a APP in place already, you will find it here.......

www.husbandputcrapout.com

:)

LUCKY
01-08-2014, 22:54
There is a APP in place already, you will find it here.......

www.husbandputcrapout.com

:)
You are just soo corect it came up no it did not it just was not interested . oh how we all laughed here in the wild geese when it failed and let us down . But i beat em all cos i had put rubbish out at nr twilight thus avoiding anyfines
IF YOU cannot read it just blame shamus from behindthe bar. cos we are now having Jamesons 2 for the price of 3
Sent FROM MY BEER GLASS VIA RYANAIR:flatcap:

LUCKY
02-08-2014, 21:22

Its evacution time :flatcap: Rubbish2GO The Recyling App :confused::flatcap:

Ecky Thump
02-08-2014, 21:51
:D
Its evacution time :flatcap: Rubbish2GO The Recyling App :confused::flatcap:

The only recycling you will be doing tonight will probably be in the toilet at the Wild Geese!:D

LUCKY
02-08-2014, 21:56
:D

The only recycling you will be doing tonight will probably be in the toilet at the Wild Geese!:D

Nope have left there After the cheap night out last night now in scruffy macs with the girls . hope its not 2 for the price of 3 tonight :flatcap:

primrose
03-08-2014, 13:22
As of today Arona has no street maintenance men and 40 street cleaners have lost their jobs, sorry cannot post a link to this or the post would be removed, but most people will know where to look. If you think things are bad now it's going to get a whole lot worse.

Angusjim
03-08-2014, 13:25
Just read thru this thread whit a load ****e:crylaughing:

Ecky Thump
03-08-2014, 13:30
Just read thru this thread whit a load ****e:crylaughing:

You may have just put your foot in it!:D

marbro8
03-08-2014, 14:19
Nope have left there After the cheap night out last night now in scruffy macs with the girls . hope its not 2 for the price of 3 tonight :flatcap:do you frequent the wild geese lucky? we met a lovely couple at birmingham airport a few years ago and they own an apartment just above there, i think the guy's name was mac? and they came from cannock in the west mids, they asked us to come over and have a drink with them so we went one night, and they said when we got to there to just tell the guy behind the bar to give them a shout and they would come down, so we asked him and he just said he didn't know where they where? we waited for hours but he was so unhelpful we just left without seeing them again:(

As of today Arona has no street maintenance men and 40 street cleaners have lost their jobs, sorry cannot post a link to this or the post would be removed, but most people will know where to look. If you think things are bad now it's going to get a whole lot worse.so thats the street cleaners AND the lifeguards that have been shafted then???

essexeddie
05-08-2014, 17:55
The street cleaners only came out once a year anyway. For the Carnival.

LUCKY
05-08-2014, 19:11
http://www.islandconnections.eu/1000003/1000009/0/43317/tenerife-article.html :flatcap:

minimadmandy
06-08-2014, 22:36
I arrived back from a two week break in los Cristianos two days ago and I have to say the dog poo problem seems to have got a lot worse. We are in Vic 2 and from here down to the supermarket near Paloma beach is a total disgrace. The road down from Vic 1 down to the front is appalling. Sometimes I feel like getting a giant hose to wash it all away. Surely the residents round there must have the same worries about their children walking in it, yet they are the same people letting their dogs poo everywhere! It has to be a change in mindset that will get owners clearing up, this starts with putting in dog pooh bins near areas where there is the most poo. Also cheap accessible poo bags. In the four years I have been coming to Tenerife I have only ever seen one owner pick up after their dog. Did think about setting up a web site called www.dogpoointenerife.com and get everyone to post picture of offenders and areas that are bad, then start posting links to it from the Tenerife tourism web sites! Start by posting pics on Social media pages etc, bad publicity might result in some action?

LUCKY
06-08-2014, 23:22
I arrived back from a two week break in los Cristianos two days ago and I have to say the dog poo problem seems to have got a lot worse. We are in Vic 2 and from here down to the supermarket near Paloma beach is a total disgrace. The road down from Vic 1 down to the front is appalling. Sometimes I feel like getting a giant hose to wash it all away. Surely the residents round there must have the same worries about their children walking in it, yet they are the same people letting their dogs poo everywhere! It has to be a change in mindset that will get owners clearing up, this starts with putting in dog pooh bins near areas where there is the most poo. Also cheap accessible poo bags. In the four years I have been coming to Tenerife I have only ever seen one owner pick up after their dog. Did think about setting up a web site called www.dogpoointenerife.com and get everyone to post picture of offenders and areas that are bad, then start posting links to it from the Tenerife tourism web sites! Start by posting pics on Social media pages etc, bad publicity might result in some action?

What a brill idea :flatcap:

martincrabb99
07-08-2014, 07:00
What a brill idea :flatcap:

I agree a really good idea!

essexeddie
07-08-2014, 16:39
So do I, always a bone of contention with me. I'm not a dog lover.

martincrabb99
07-08-2014, 16:52
So do I, always a bone of contention with me. I'm not a dog lover.

I'm not a lover of humans, who allow this type of issue to occur.

essexeddie
07-08-2014, 18:22
That's probably a better way to put it.

blondie
07-08-2014, 21:06
Th.ank you for your post , thought I was losing the plot and was the only one who thinks its a disgrace around that area. I actually apologised to people for voicing the same opinion as yourself.

Th.ank you for your post , thought I was losing the plot and was the only one who thinks its a disgrace around that area. I actually apologised to people for voicing the same opinion as yourself.

Sorry , quote did not appear in my last post, it was a reply to minimadmandy from yesterday.

Happy Days
08-08-2014, 17:28
Your right it is a change of attitude that is needed.

I have three dogs. When we lived in San Eugenio Alto it always annoyed me how far you would have to walk with your small bag of poo in hand. I had thought to ask the council to provide more bins - in the end I did nothing. What I can say is when we first moved there it was very uncommon to see other dog owners with poo bags and when we left there were defiantly more.

We live in Golf del Sur now. There must be more dog owners, as in the mornings the streets are quite busy with dog walkers. Yet in my part there is no problem at all. It is indeed a rare thing to see a poo on the pavement. I would love to tell you why...but i don't have an answer. The only thing that I can say is most problems boil down to laziness.

To Golf del Sur dog owners...I for one am proud of you!

essexeddie
08-08-2014, 17:46
I don't think dog owners see the poo.
They seem oblivious to it.

LUCKY
08-08-2014, 18:01
Your right it is a change of attitude that is needed.

I have three dogs. When we lived in San Eugenio Alto it always annoyed me how far you would have to walk with your small bag of poo in hand. I had thought to ask the council to provide more bins - in the end I did nothing. What I can say is when we first moved there it was very uncommon to see other dog owners with poo bags and when we left there were defiantly more.

We live in Golf del Sur now. There must be more dog owners, as in the mornings the streets are quite busy with dog walkers. Yet in my part there is no problem at all. It is indeed a rare thing to see a poo on the pavement. I would love to tell you why...but i don't have an answer. The only thing that I can say is most problems boil down to laziness.

To Golf del Sur dog owners...I for one am proud of you!

Me too . I am also proud of dog owners in Lower GDS . I tip my cap to em :flatcap:

martincrabb99
08-08-2014, 18:15
Me too . I am also proud of dog owners in Lower GDS . I tip my cap to em :flatcap:
And me....I have never encountered a problem in Golf del Sur so well done to those dog owners!

minimadmandy
08-08-2014, 22:13
When I'm back out in October I'm going to start taking the photos. Have a feeling my family might disown me due to acute embarrassment at having their mum takes picture of dogs and poo! I shall start posting the pics when I get back, not nice to look at but a lot bloody worse to see it for real and walk in it!

Surprisingly the domain name dogpoointenerife is available for £13 a year.

essexeddie
08-08-2014, 22:53
I'll be over in October and if I see a woman taking pictures of dog poo then I shall know who she is.

kingbaker
08-08-2014, 23:56
Will you be taking photos or movies of the culprit, who wott produces the pooo, ie a movie on u tube? :p:p:cool:

kingbaker
08-08-2014, 23:58

Do the dog owners on Lower GDS not poooo on the footpath??:D:D

LUCKY
09-08-2014, 00:03
Do the dog owners on Lower GDS not poooo on the footpath??:D:D
Now dont be stupid Every one here wears Nappies! ( i do apoligise to that mike of chayfo for not been serious)
but where would this forum be without a certain few . :flatcap:

kingbaker
09-08-2014, 00:21
The first time I saw 'nappies' on horses was in Vienna many years ago. I pee'd off the jarveys as I was tryin' to video a horse 'in action'. They thought I was loopey.;);)

essexeddie
09-08-2014, 17:45
I was in Bruges last weekend and the horses that pull the carriages around wear a contraption that collects the poo as it come out it then rolls back to a bucket, like guttering. Sorry to be graphic. Work quite well. Not sure if it would work on a dog.

kingbaker
09-08-2014, 18:16
I was in Bruges last weekend and the horses that pull the carriages around wear a contraption that collects the poo as it come out it then rolls back to a bucket, like guttering. Sorry to be graphic. Work quite well. Not sure if it would work on a dog.

Something similar to what I saw in Wien a sacking type material allowed the offending items roll down into a collection box, under the jarvie.:p
Can't see it working on dogs tho'.....tooo small and nowhere for the receptical. :p:(;):)

martincrabb99
09-08-2014, 19:35

I think you are barking[emoji6][emoji190]

LUCKY
10-08-2014, 08:24
Eureaka!! :flatcap:

http://canineconcepts.co.uk/en/dog-incontinence/2446-disposable-dog-nappies-diaper.html

martincrabb99
10-08-2014, 09:22
Eureaka!! :flatcap:

http://canineconcepts.co.uk/en/dog-incontinence/2446-disposable-dog-nappies-diaper.html

Hey lucky, Ruby and sable send their thanks....but no thanks![emoji6]

LUCKY
10-08-2014, 09:27
Hey lucky, Ruby and sable send their thanks....but no thanks![emoji6]

I thought i did quite well there , Was my post serious or Humorous ?, Guess We will let the Mods decide :flatcap:

martincrabb99
10-08-2014, 09:55
I thought i did quite well there , Was my post serious or Humorous ?, Guess We will let the Mods decide :flatcap:

Both suggestions provided a possible solution, it is debatable which is the best one, Essex eddies suggestion does have to be emptied where your disposable ones would cause more problems with disposing of the disposable so on balance Essex Eddie has provided the best solution so far. I personally always pick up to prevent causing any problems to children and indeed adults.
So on balance you have both provided a serious answer.[emoji6][emoji1][emoji106]

LUCKY
10-08-2014, 10:09
Both suggestions provided a possible solution, it is debatable which is the best one, Essex eddies suggestion does have to be emptied where your disposable ones would cause more problems with disposing of the disposable so on balance Essex Eddie has provided the best solution so far. I personally always pick up to prevent causing any problems to children and indeed adults.
So on balance you have both provided a serious answer.[emoji6][emoji1][emoji106]

Just doing my job Maam :flatcap:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=superman&rlz=1T4SNYS_enGB363GB363&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=NjbnU8THAsq80QWywYC4CA&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1024&bih=487#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=gXTH6nQw97rEFM%253A%3B_uQOLQn5LwjXOM%3Bhttp% 253A%252F%252Fstatic.comicvine.com%252Fuploads%252 Foriginal%252F11111%252F111113523%252F3605753-1936874063-31646.png%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.comicvine.com%2 52Fforums%252Fbattles-7%252Fsuperman-vs-guardians-of-the-universe-1532563%252F%3B1152%3B864
:flatcap:

kingbaker
10-08-2014, 10:49
Keep taking the medication Lucky......it'll start to work eventually!!!!!:p:p;)

martincrabb99
10-08-2014, 10:59
Just doing my job Maam :flatcap:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=superman&rlz=1T4SNYS_enGB363GB363&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=NjbnU8THAsq80QWywYC4CA&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1024&bih=487#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=gXTH6nQw97rEFM%253A%3B_uQOLQn5LwjXOM%3Bhttp% 253A%252F%252Fstatic.comicvine.com%252Fuploads%252 Foriginal%252F11111%252F111113523%252F3605753-1936874063-31646.png%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.comicvine.com%2 52Fforums%252Fbattles-7%252Fsuperman-vs-guardians-of-the-universe-1532563%252F%3B1152%3B864
:flatcap:

Well done Superman...watch out for Kryptonite in San Blas![emoji23]

LUCKY
10-08-2014, 11:23
Keep taking the medication Lucky......it'll start to work eventually!!!!!:p:p;)

So you keep telling me, And for goodness sake will you stop emailing me the rules and regulations its not funny 3 times daily for over 2 dam years , :flatcap:
and just to keep on topic i never knew you could get nappies for dogs . see my previous postings (that should suffice for the Mods) :flatcap:

kingbaker
10-08-2014, 12:47
Horses Lucky Horses!!!!! I'll post a photo if I can find one, so as not to melt yer likkle brain!!:p:p:D

essexeddie
10-08-2014, 17:28
It would be better if everybody picked it up. The police should come down hard on offenders. Then they may get the message.

LUCKY
10-08-2014, 18:03
It would be better if everybody picked it up. The police should come down hard on offenders. Then they may get the message.
So the dog gets it now, rather harsh is it not :flatcap:

martincrabb99
10-08-2014, 18:36
So the dog gets it now, rather harsh is it not :flatcap:

Most harsh indeed[emoji90]

essexeddie
10-08-2014, 18:54
I wondered if someone would pick that up, so to speak.

martincrabb99
10-08-2014, 19:26
I wondered if someone would pick that up, so to speak.

Most harsh indeed