PDA

View Full Version : Other General questions about holidaying in Tenerife

Rosdo
30-07-2014, 19:32
I have searched the forum & have found answers to some of my questions but the threads are a little old & I am not sure if the information still applies.

We are coming to Costa Adeje in September & I was hoping the friendly people of this forum could offer some advice. I have read other websites but I would prefer personal recommendations if possible.

- we are staying half board as we didn't want tied to the hotel all of the time & I understand the the beer can be quite cheap. What is the average price of a pint or glass of wine? Can anyone recommend any pubs/bars around the Costa Adeje area? (quiet bars, some with entertainment etc, nothing too crazy)
- we are not really into loud bars but do plan a trip to the Veronicas strip one night to see it in full flow. Google maps indicates that it is only a twenty minute walk from where we are. Would you say that it is safe to walk there and back, say after midnight, or would you walk there & a taxi back possibly?
- we plan to buy one of the bus tickets to allow us to travel around the island. where would you suggest visiting?

any other advice or recommendations would be very much appreciated.

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum but I couldn't see another more appropriate.

marbro8
30-07-2014, 20:02
can you tell us which hotel you will be staying at?, that way we could give you directions better:wink2:

candy2411
30-07-2014, 20:06
Bars and nightlife are in abundance, prices vary tremendously depending on location. Competition is great among bars and its nothing unusual to pay 1 euro /pint for beer and a euro for local wine in lots of bars along the seafront. If you're talking evening at a bar with great entertainment then expect pay at least 5 euros per drink probably more on Veronicas strip not been in a while . Not sure if walking back is a good idea especially if you've had few drinks but taxis are everywhere and comparatively cheap. If you say what kind of entertainment you like maybe we can suggest places to go. Hope you have a great time :)

Rosdo
30-07-2014, 20:21
thanks

We are going to be staying in the Iberostar

AL JAY
30-07-2014, 20:32
thanks

We are going to be staying in the Iberostar

Which Iberostar Rosdo? Only trying to be helpful here,if you got in a Taxi and you said "The Iberostar" he could take you all around the Island .....Iberostar is the name of a Hotel Group!

Especially if you have a had a few Shandies :cheers::cheers::drunk::trink2::D

Rosdo
30-07-2014, 20:41
sorry - Iberostar Bouganville

AL JAY
30-07-2014, 20:48
sorry - Iberostar Bouganville

Great location for Bars & Restaurantes, also you are close to Puerto Colon for Boat trips,another Beach and plenty more Bars etc! Hope you have a great time!

Also Scotch Corner for a nice Breakfast! just a few minutes stroll from your hotel

marbro8
30-07-2014, 21:45
thanks

We are going to be staying in the Iberostargive the pheasant plucker a try over the road for a few beers and harley's an american diner and bar with some great acts and good food if you come out of the front of your hotel and turn left towards san eugenio shopping centre, it is about 500 yards down a steep hill with old american cars outside and i think they have a rock band that play there on certain nights, but if you want to venture further afield then get a taxi to margaritas in los cris, they have at least 2-3 acts on every night and the food that is cooked on the charcoal BBQ is fantastic, but the rest of the food is great as well, they have mostly tribute acts on like, robbie williams, gary barlow, rod stewart,anyway like someone posted earlier just let us know what you like and we can advise accordingly:wink2:

cheery
31-07-2014, 09:18
Carlos restaurant around the corner down the hill towards Puerto Colon is a very nice restaurant, closed Sundays. All around CC San Eugenio are a cross section of bars like St. Eugene's and next door is nice cocktail bar. Up that same road are a range of restaurants and bars. Several bars and restaurants near the Pheasant Plucker underneath Garden City (we've stayed there twice). It is a nice walk down to Veronicas, maybe 20-30 minutes depending how quick you walk. You could walk the same distance the other way and go to Fanabe which is a bit 'posher' but not too expensive. PDLA has something for everyone's taste and pocket, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

candy2411
31-07-2014, 09:35
some friends of mine stayed at that hotel last winter, they thought it was very good and loved the location pretty central for everywhere. Good live music venue just alongside the hotel called the Soul Lodge at Pueblo Canario.

Ecky Thump
31-07-2014, 10:02
If your looking for somewhere to go, buy a "Bono Card" for the Titsa bus and head off to places like Masca and see the true Tenerife, or maybe go to Puerto de la Cruz to see a Northern Tenerife resort, then there's Santa Cruz, a city that's well worth visiting.

logiclee
31-07-2014, 18:38
We always stop at the H10 Gran Tinerfe which is more or less the next hotel down on the sea front. Plenty of bars and restaurants around the area, in fact sometimes too many so be prepared to fight off the PR people.
But the competition means great deals and pints of lager under 2 Euros and some even at 1.5 euros a pint.

Lovely area and you can have a little walk to Puerto Colon Marina and beach for a relaxed experience or 15 minute walk down to Veronica's for something more lively.

Regards
Lee

imablue
31-07-2014, 21:38
Not much more to say really as peeps have summed it up nicely..smack bang in the middle of it all ..enjoy you,re hols ..

junglejim
31-07-2014, 21:58
As already said the Bouganville is in a great area , San Eugenio with plenty of decent bars and entertainment within a few minutes walk .
Coming out and to the left , a couple of minutes down road is a good shopping centre with large Mercadona supermarket that will fill all your needs .
Round the bend to right is main bus station where as suggested you can buy a Bono and get a bus to a large part of the Island , behind the bus station across motorway is Siam Park water park.
Bouganville is excellent hotel, my daughter and family stayed there last year and really enjoyed it.

Rosdo
02-08-2014, 09:30
thank you for the replies