PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried the Ryanair mobile boarding pass at Tenerife airport?

barryk
02-08-2014, 07:38
Hi,

I understand that is has now been released.

Has anyone been brave enought to try it yet?

Does it work at TFS

Barry

Ecky Thump
02-08-2014, 10:40
I've just looked at Ryanair website and the list below shows the airports that you CANT use a mobile boarding pass.

Agadir
Essaouira
Fez
Nador
Oujda
Marrakesh
Rabat
Tangier
Zaragoza
Alghero
Rome Ciampino
Kefalonia
Volos

Rules from Ryanair website.

Customers are required to bring the mobile phone containing their boarding pass(es) to the airport, along with their valid form of identification. The mobile phone must remain switched on as customers will be requested to show their mobile boarding pass at the following areas:

Bag drop desk
Security checkpoints
Boarding gate
Embarking the aircraft

Mobile boarding passes are available on bookings with multiple passengers.

The following flight information is shown on your Mobile Boarding Pass: passenger name, booking reference, flight information i.e. flight number/date/time, your seat number, queue i.e. priority or other and boarding zone i.e. Front/Rear door and sequence number.

Once you have successfully checked in for your flight(s) using the Ryanair app your boarding pass will be saved onto the phone you have used to complete your online check-in. You can view your boarding pass via the app by selecting ‘Boarding Pass’ from the app home screen.

##Now for the bit that I think can cost you money, if your phone fails at the last minute then I'm sure that Ryanair charges for not having a boarding pass will come into play!!##

If the mobile boarding pass does not display properly, this is probably due to your mobile's configuration settings. Please contact your phone manufacturer's technical support service. If the problem persists, please visit Ryanair.com and print off your boarding pass .You can do this up to 2 hours before each flight.
Yes. The app will allow you to retrieve your boarding pass if you have successfully checked in for your flight(s). You can also reprint a paper boarding pass up to 2 hours prior to each flight departure time on the Ryanair website.

Good Lucl:D

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Come on Susief it's a new thread about Ryanair !! :)

Susief
02-08-2014, 11:16
Haha I did read it @ecky but thought i'd comment later.
I'm not sure I would do it, I like that piece of paper in my hand.

Am coming back with Uncle Mickey on 12 Sept maybe I'll try it but also print off boarding card.

moonlighter
02-08-2014, 11:16
I've not used the Ryanair one yet but I used the Easyjet one in June both leaving Bristol and TFS with no problems at all.

I was a bit afraid that the pass would not load or fail due to no 3g or Wifi so I took a screen shot of it so it was in my photos, I showed that it like I said no problems.

Ecky Thump
02-08-2014, 11:18
I've not used the Ryanair one yet but I used the Easyjet one in June both leaving Bristol and TFS with no problems at all.

I was a bit afraid that the pass would not load or fail due to no 3g or Wifi so I took a screen shot of it so it was in my photos, I showed that it like I said no problems.

A great idea about the screen shot.....it covers my main concern.....Thanks.

Haha I did read it @ecky but thought i'd comment later.
I'm not sure I would do it, I like that piece of paper in my hand.

Am coming back with Uncle Mickey on 12 Sept maybe I'll try it but also print off boarding card.

Susie, have a look at moonlighter's post!

Susief
02-08-2014, 11:20

That sounds like a great idea to screenshot. Think I'll bite the bullet and do it.

Ecky Thump
02-08-2014, 11:23
That sounds like a great idea to screenshot. Think I'll bite the bullet and do it.

I'm going to try it, but for the first few flights, I will have the paper one as a backup.

Susief
02-08-2014, 11:24
I'm going to try it, but for the first few flights, I will have the paper one as a backup.

Yep me too. Will let you know how go on.

moonlighter
02-08-2014, 11:25

Yes I had one in my pocket just in case, I think the girl was a little put out though because I had nothing for her to tear in half.

Susief
02-08-2014, 11:30
Yes I had one in my pocket just in case, I think the girl was a little put out though because I had nothing for her to tear in half.

Think they like tearing those tickets, I precut mine 3/4 way on for her.

martincrabb99
03-08-2014, 12:31
Think they like tearing those tickets, I precut mine 3/4 way on for her.

So do I......it's great!

Susief
03-08-2014, 12:37
So do I......it's great!

Try save them time eh?

martincrabb99
03-08-2014, 12:53
Try save them time eh?

Every little helps, never had a problem with Ryanair.

Ecky Thump
03-08-2014, 12:54
If you have already booked your Ryanair flights prior to loading the App, it won't recognise your booking,
but you can still get your paperless boarding pass from the App on your phone by proceeding as a guest.
:)

Angusjim
03-08-2014, 13:09
If you have already booked your Ryanair flights prior to loading the App, it won't recognise your booking,
but you can still get your paperless boarding pass from the App on your phone by proceeding as a guest.

:)

Yea thanks for that think I'll jist print oot as usual don't think my auld flipping Nokia can cope wee them new fangled things:old:

junglejim
03-08-2014, 13:33
Don't have a moblie , so it's old school for me - just booked for Aug 14th at £55.99 , fed up with rain !!

Ecky Thump
03-08-2014, 13:38
Don't have a moblie , so it's old school for me - just booked for Aug 14th at £55.99 , fed up with rain !!

And I've just booked Blackpool for the same date....not my idea, it's the young grandsons, he loves the buzz of the place, but he has just returned from Tenerife and had a great time, he particularly liked the new water ride at Siam Park.

Angusjim
03-08-2014, 14:25
And I've just booked Blackpool for the same date....not my idea, it's the young grandsons, he loves the buzz of the place, but he has just returned from Tenerife and had a great time, he particularly liked the new water ride at Siam Park.

Make sure Carol packs her " working clothes " think her act would go down well in Blackpool:crylaughing:

Carol55
03-08-2014, 14:32
Make sure Carol packs her " working clothes " think her act would go down well in Blackpool:crylaughing:

I'm in need of a holiday, it's a long way to commute between Montrose and Fairlie!:)

Now behave yourself or I will ask my sister to pay you a visit. :twak:

polremy
03-08-2014, 22:20
Just wondered if a boarding pass on my ipad would work.
Save me having to print it.
Anyone tried it?
Don't have a smartphone.

moonlighter
04-08-2014, 11:13
Just wondered if a boarding pass on my ipad would work.
Save me having to print it.
Anyone tried it?
Don't have a smartphone.
As long as you have downloaded the Ryanair app to your ipad then I see no reason why it wont work

SuzyQ
04-08-2014, 11:29
Used the Air Europa app on a recent trip to mainland, worked brilliantly. Needed connection in Madrid and on landing there it told me which gate to proceed to. Its the future!!

Angusjim
04-08-2014, 11:42
Used the Air Europa app on a recent trip to mainland, worked brilliantly. Needed connection in Madrid and on landing there it told me which gate to proceed to. Its the future!!

I can tell you the future if you don't use the APP you will be charged more:rolleyes::doh:

SuzyQ
04-08-2014, 11:53
Well its better than buggering about printing boarding cards IMO :D

Angusjim
04-08-2014, 11:55
Well its better than buggering about printing boarding cards IMO :D

Yes maybe for youngsters like yourself Suzy;) nae use to an easily confused auld man:old::cry:

SuzyQ
04-08-2014, 12:00
Yes maybe for youngsters like yourself Suzy;) nae use to an easily confused auld man:old::cry:

Youngster?? You just made my day Sir :wink:

Ecky Thump
04-08-2014, 12:17

Now Carol knows who you are, your the "Old Git" who sits in the Star Hotel in Montrose, drooling, wearing your M&S slippers and smoking your pipe, while ogling the women and nay giving her a tip.:wink:

Angusjim
04-08-2014, 12:23
Now Carol knows who you are, your the "Old Git" who sits in the Star Hotel in Montrose, drooling, wearing your M&S slippers and smoking your pipe, while ogling the women and nay giving her a tip.:wink:
What can I say I have always been attracted to women with web feet and beards:eyebrows::whistle:

martincrabb99
04-08-2014, 13:05

Don't give us that! Ecky said you were only 23!

barryk
15-08-2014, 16:08
Hi

Has anyone got this bl**dy thing to work. I have checked in on line, printed my boarding cards just in case, logged in with user name and pasword, logged in as a guest still can not get them to show. Also deleted and downloaded the app again

I must be thick. If anyone has got this to work please share.

Should I have paid extra money to Uncle Mickey somewhere

Regards
Barryk

Ecky Thump
15-08-2014, 16:16
Hi

Has anyone got this bl**dy thing to work. I have checked in on line, printed my boarding cards just in case, logged in with user name and pasword, logged in as a guest still can not get them to show. Also deleted and downloaded the app again

I must be thick. If anyone has got this to work please share.

Should I have paid extra money to Uncle Mickey somewhere

Regards
Barryk

If you didn't purchase your tickets via the app, you don't log in, just enter as guest and go into "Manage Booking" that should work for you......hopefully!:lol:

barryk
15-08-2014, 16:39
Ecky

Thanks

Tried that one only get the following options:
Add insurance
Choose seats
Add bags
Sports equipment

Barryk

Ok may have cracked it

Open app

Continue as guest

Select check in

Enter booking details

Search

"Message check in complete"

Tap ">" symbol

Details appear

Select "retrieve boarding pass" at bottom of page

And they appear

Ecky Thump
15-08-2014, 17:15
Ecky

Thanks

Tried that one only get the following options:
Add insurance
Choose seats
Add bags
Sports equipment

Barryk

Ok may have cracked it

Open app

Continue as guest

Select check in

Enter booking details

Search

"Message check in complete"

Tap ">" symbol

Details appear

Select "retrieve boarding pass" at bottom of page

And they appear

Now take a screen picture of your boarding pass, just in case you can't retrieve it at the airport!:crying2:

barryk
16-08-2014, 13:30
Response from RA.

Thanks to all who helped with this

Dear Customer

,*Thank you for contacting Ryanair.With regards to your request, please be advised that if you booked the flights using My Ryanair account you will be only able to view/check in/download your boarding cards on Ryanair App once you log in to My Ryanair account. If the flights were booked not using My Ryanair account you will be only able to view/check in/download their boarding cards on Ryanair App when you are using the app as a GUEST.***

Yours sincerely
,*Cristina

The Customer Service Team*For and on Behalf of*RYANAIR LIMITED*

Response from RA.

Thanks to all who helped with this

Dear Customer

,*Thank you for contacting Ryanair.With regards to your request, please be advised that if you booked the flights using My Ryanair account you will be only able to view/check in/download your boarding cards on Ryanair App once you log in to My Ryanair account. If the flights were booked not using My Ryanair account you will be only able to view/check in/download their boarding cards on Ryanair App when you are using the app as a GUEST.***

Yours sincerely
,*Cristina

The Customer Service Team*For and on Behalf of*RYANAIR LIMITED*

caroline
17-08-2014, 22:50
I used it earlier this month with no problems. It has to show the square ?QR code and be on the actual ryanair app.
ALthough it was accepted many staff were not familiar with it and it was a pain when you have to KEEP showing it when boarding.
I'd use it again to reduce carrying 4 sheets of paper

KirstyJay
17-08-2014, 23:04
I might try it on our next flight...

KirstyJay
23-08-2014, 16:13
I have just used it without a problem and am on the plane sat in my seat.

princessmonika
23-08-2014, 16:20
i think for now i stick to the old fashion way i have iphone 5s and i have the app buuuuuut ryanair????????????

karinagal
24-08-2014, 22:01
I saw it in use at Prestwick yesterday - a fellow in front of me used it and I confirmed with the fate staff that they had the means to scan it if I chose to use it.. Might give it a go on the way back.. I'll keep you posted!

tfs1
25-08-2014, 11:20
Excuse my ignorance regarding this but how does it work if there is more than one person boarding ? - do you have to scan for each person. I presume you do the same when you go through into security - currently you show/scan your paper boarding pass ?

As the long time owner of a Nokia 6310i (you know the type of phone - makes calls, no camera, no WIFI) I will probably start using this new facility when they start to introduce the next improvement.

Must go now and do battle with a palm tree bug that has just circling one of our palm trees - they like to lay their many eggs in the tree, the eggs hatch and eat the core of the tree !

yes we do spray the palms but its satisfying to catch a bug and deal with it with my size 11's !

update: size 11 1, red palm weevil 0

barryk
26-08-2014, 05:42
Hi

I think that it can only be used with a smart phone or phone with internet access. You recieve an image of a boarding pass for each person which has a bar code which can be scanned or displayed.

I have also noticed that one the boarding pass has been retrieved it remains on the phone memory and can be retrieved without access to the internet

I have tried this a couple of times since I checked in a few days ago and it is still there.

I will however be taking the paper version as well until I know the system is fully working (I dont trust RA).

Do not forget that if you did not book your flights using the Ryanair app you must proceed as a guest, even if you have registered, see previous post.

Fingers crossed for Saturday, hopefully no strike or volcano eruption and this thing works

Barryk

barryk
29-08-2014, 06:57
Hi,

Looks like the app has been updated to remove this log in/guest home page confusion. Goes straight to the menus now.

Susief
29-08-2014, 07:31
Hi,

Looks like the app has been updated to remove this log in/guest home page confusion. Goes straight to the menus now.

Yes they updated it yesterday morning. Much easier to use. I'm waiting for them to load Spring 2015 from Manchester.