PDA

View Full Version : Television Will my Skybox work in Tenerife

limmylimoux
02-08-2014, 10:36
Hi, I come to Tenerife for three months in the winter. I have a skybox subscription at my house in UK. Can I bring my skybox and card to to Tenerife
and get sky programmes. Does anyone have any up to date info since the satellite has moved.

lesbroz
02-08-2014, 10:50
Hi, I come to Tenerife for three months in the winter. I have a skybox subscription at my house in UK. Can I bring my skybox and card to to Tenerife
and get sky programmes. Does anyone have any up to date info since the satellite has moved.

Since the satellite moved, mine no longer works. Not sure if this applies all over the island. I now use Sky Go via the internet.

junglejim
02-08-2014, 10:51
I would imagine your box and card will work , I assume your accommodation receives a suitable signal direct from a satellite dish trained on appropriate satellite ?
Astra 2E/F should now be bedded in , 2G launch due possibly late September - you will have to wait and see what is moved about and how it affects reception - a lot of dishes had to be re-aligned /re-tuned earlier in year!

barryk
02-08-2014, 11:49
Hi,

Should be ok on some of the sky orinated programmes and your dish is large enough.

UKTV! BBC1,ITV, BBC2 etc will be difficult as they are on the new satellite an would require a large dish at least 3 to 4 metres.

You may also need to change the default transponder.