PDA

View Full Version : Other Film reviews

marbro8
02-08-2014, 21:40
we haven't been to the pictures in over 30 years but we were persuaded last week to go and watch dawn of the planet of the apes, i must admit i felt a bit peeed off because i would rather go for either a good meal or a drink, but it was a fantastic film, one of the best i have ever seen, i can highly recommend it:) can't wait for the new inbetweeners now:laugh:

LUCKY
02-08-2014, 22:21
we haven't been to the pictures in over 30 years but we were persuaded last week to go and watch dawn of the planet of the apes, i must admit i felt a bit peeed off because i would rather go for either a good meal or a drink, but it was a fantastic film, one of the best i have ever seen, i can highly recommend it:) can't wait for the new inbetweeners now:laugh:

Great because both Filums Feature Malty Mo :flatcap:

marbro8
02-08-2014, 22:35
Great because both Filums Feature Malty Mo :flatcap::laugh::laugh::laugh: can't wait for the fallout :laugh:

kingbaker
02-08-2014, 22:43
Yeah I wonder what hospitals are on call near Monkeyville????¿?:D

marbro8
24-01-2015, 22:24
as i have just treated myself to a new media smart box, i thought i would share a few film reviews, we have watched interstellar whiplash and the gambler today(saturday and sunday are PJ days) interstellar is about a team of astronauts traveling through a wormhole to try and find another planet to save humanity, matthew mconaughey is fantastic, it is a well acted film but a little hard to grasp in the final third, lets just say my wife found it hard going, the gambler with mark whalberg was another good film worth watching, about a compulsive gambler trying to get out of debt, owing $260,000 to 2 unscrupulous money lenders, and a battle with his overly rich mother who keeps bailing him out, and whiplash again great film(probably my favorite) about a young lad who dreams of being another buddy rich(famous jazz drummer) who is taken into a school band by a very intimidating teacher, who puts them all through hell, to make his dreams of becoming the best band leader to have ever graced america, although he said it was to get the best out of the pupils, very hard to watch in places such is his intense bullying of the students trying to please him, but great acting,:)

Ecky Thump
24-01-2015, 22:37
as i have just treated myself to a new media smart box, i thought i would share a few film reviews, we have watched interstellar whiplash and the gambler today(saturday and sunday are PJ days) interstellar is about a team of astronauts traveling through a wormhole to try and find another planet to save humanity, matthew mconaughey is fantastic, it is a well acted film but a little hard to grasp in the final third, lets just say my wife found it hard going, the gambler with mark whalberg was another good film worth watching, about a compulsive gambler trying to get out of debt, owing $260,000 to 2 unscrupulous money lenders, and a battle with his overly rich mother who keeps bailing him out, and whiplash again great film(probably my favorite) about a young lad who dreams of being another buddy rich(famous jazz drummer) who is taken into a school band by a very intimidating teacher, who puts them all through hell, to make his dreams of becoming the best band leader to have ever graced america, although he said it was to get the best out of the pupils, very hard to watch in places such is his intense bullying of the students trying to please him, but great acting,:)

I haven't read your post in full because I came to the words "Unscrupulous Money Lenders" and realised then that it was a documentary about you...and I just hate documentaries!:crylaughing::crylaughing:

#See post on the bicycle thread#:wink:

Chine
02-02-2015, 21:17
I have xbmc and watch films through that recently I have watched fury ( excellent ) equalizer ( excellent ) inbetweeners ( junk) the gambler (good) November man (good) the drop (excellent) son of a gun ( ok)