PDA

View Full Version : Other Are there any problems with crime and gangs in North Tenerife?

Nina Hess
03-08-2014, 12:10
Hi everybody.

I hope this is a silly question but does anyone know if there is any organized crime in Tenerife in the form of gangs and bikers? I live in a part of Copenhagen where Hells Angels and Arabic gangs are a big problem, selling weed, harassing people, waking us up at night because they race around the streets on their motorcycles and generally acting like the own the place through intimidation. They are actually one of the reasons why I want to move to Tenerife. At the moment I'm thinking of moving to the north to a small village not to far from Santa Cruz. Before I moved to Copenhagen I was told that the gangs here don't bother normal people but I've learned the hard way again and again that that simply isn't true.

So, have anyone of you had problems with gangs?

Ecky Thump
03-08-2014, 13:33
Nope..........

seanocelt
03-08-2014, 13:44
there are "gangs" in the sense , like Copenhagen, organised groups of pickpockets and drug peddlars work in groups in tourist zones, said to be of Romanian and Moroccan descent. You area of choice should have no problems on that front. Good luck.Sad to hear your wonderful city has been blighted.

Carol55
03-08-2014, 15:06
I've may have been one of the lucky ones, as for all the years (over twenty) I've been taking holidays in Tenerife, I have never been subjected to any crime at all or even witnessed it, but as Sean has said it happens. I think that generally all that people have to do is be aware of their surroundings.....if your drunk and seen to be, then you could easily be a target!

Nina Hess
03-08-2014, 15:32
Sounds great, thanks! I'm used to looking out for pickpockets and know some self defense but the problem here is that if I defend myself against one gangsta all his friends are gonna come after me and people they see me with. But as long as it's "just" people preying on tourists I can handle it :wink2:

bonitatime
03-08-2014, 18:31
There are sometímes gangs if pickpockets And you need to be careful in places like bus stops especially when they are busy but the police are fairly aware

samwelltarly
28-11-2014, 19:24
Hi there, new to these forums. I live in Tacoronte, just off the TF-5 and never have any problems with the locals. I live between Los Naranjeros and El Sauzal and it's pretty quiet (apart from the rooster crowing at 6 in the morning!).

Ecky Thump
28-11-2014, 19:34
Hi there, new to these forums. I live in Tacoronte, just off the TF-5 and never have any problems with the locals. I live between Los Naranjeros and El Sauzal and it's pretty quiet (apart from the roostercrowing at 6 in the morning!).

Have a word with the Rooster and remind him that it's nearly that time time of year to cook Christmas dinner!:cheeky:

norte
15-12-2014, 13:40
"...arabic gangs, problem selling weed..."
if you dont like weed better not to come here as in spain smoking and selling cannabis is almost legal:)) you'll be better off in denmark in that respect.

haddrt
15-07-2015, 09:08
No there is really no issue with it......

Moderator___
15-07-2015, 18:32
Can you explain why you are replying to a post that is seven months old please?

Ecky Thump
15-07-2015, 19:44
Can you explain why you are replying to a post that is seven months old please?

Looking at the posters past posts, his sole reason for posting on the forum is to bring attention to his signature which leads you to a American tour company.

marbro8
15-07-2015, 22:12
Can you explain why you are replying to a post that is seven months old please?i wonder what the record is for the longest time to reply to a thread? if you know what i mean:laugh:, i have seen some threads revived after some years. but just wondered what the record was:wink:

imablue
16-07-2015, 08:47
Heres one from today ...............near 4 years old....
Today, 08:42
Re: Supermercado Carolina, Los Cristianos, Tenerife
Supermercado Carolina has been bought by the Coviran Supermarket company, staff now wearing the Coviran badged tops but no changes yet to the outside.

Believed to have been sold for around €2m.

Posted...31/10/2011

kingbaker
17-07-2015, 21:40
I wouldn't sample the fish though! :p:p:D

macdonald5
17-07-2015, 22:04
I wouldn't sample the fish though! :p:p:D

Thought smoked fish lasted long time KB?? !!

kingbaker
17-07-2015, 22:49
Not over 3 anos!! :confused:

Faraway
04-10-2015, 15:20
Not in north tenerife!

TOTO 99
04-10-2015, 15:30
i wonder what the record is for the longest time to reply to a thread? if you know what i mean:laugh:, i have seen some threads revived after some years. but just wondered what the record was:wink:

Possibly the one above this.......:lol: