PDA

View Full Version : Other Beware... Possible car cleaning scam involving burglary

yourneighbourdi
05-08-2014, 22:16
BEWARE! CAR CLEANING IS POSSIBLE BURGLARY SCAM !

A young lad of 17 or 18 with Strong Northern English accent, knocking on doors and offering to clean your car for 5 Euros. He is about 5ft 8" tall short hair was wearing light colour trousers and a light blue T shirt, carrying a blue bucket.

He looks dodgy despite having a bucket and sponges, especially working a rural area like Los Menores.

Obviously he will need to gain access to your property to get water for the car cleaning, bucket filling process. This process of cleaning cars in the street is illegal, but worse the youth has access to your house to "case" it for future burglary or he may just steal what he can while he is inside.

I have reported his activities to the Police but as we know nothing gets done her unless it involves issuing a fine and making Police income.

Please be on your guard, this is just so dodgy!! I feel unsafe for the first time here in 12 years.

When told to go away he got abusive and swore at me.

Hope the Police catch him kick his ****.

My Neighbor told me this when i returned from work.......the guy was already in the building by then..unfortunately my doggies are on the roof and not much support, but in 12yrs have never had a prob with this!!!!!!

warbey
06-08-2014, 20:35
Worth bumping up again Di.

Keep safe...

Malteser Monkey
07-08-2014, 11:22
and again Warbs

essexeddie
07-08-2014, 16:47
If he knocks just tell him its illegal.

LUCKY
07-08-2014, 17:46
If he knocks just tell him its illegal.

What Burglary is illegal . What ever next hope its not car washes !! :flatcap:

essexeddie
07-08-2014, 17:52
Don't be silly 'L'

warbey
07-08-2014, 19:47
Don't be silly 'L'

It won't be funny either if Someone ends up as a Victim.....
.x pfffft

essexeddie
08-08-2014, 18:24
Well that's finished that topic.

yourneighbourdi
08-08-2014, 23:52
The building door was ajar when i came home from work..which it never is....so he wasn't looking for car washing for sure.....illegal or not. :dontknow: